BONUS: The Invite

8AM

Min Yoongi wasn’t a man that had regular sleep timings. Being on his way to achieving an honours degree on top of a part-time, it was a given that the producer was not able to schedule himself like a normal human being. Thus, it was not strange to find the man holed up in his studio at ungodly hours.

When Min Yoongi finally came out of his work trance, he assumed that it is much too late (or too early) and he probably should head back home lest his housemate becomes frantic from his absence. Taking a glance to the digital clock hanging on an opposite wall, he was correct in his suspicion. The black bold numbers showcasing that it was 7.30AM on a Saturday. Heaving a sigh as he finally lets his muscles relax, Yoongi sat back in his chair feeling the tension roll off of him. His eyes drift close in the silence of his studio only to be jolted awake by an unexpected ring of his phone. Picking up the device, Yoongi allowed a small smile on his face when he read the name.

Taehyungie

Good morning hyung! Just wanna remind you not to work too hard. You’re probably still in the studio, right? Go back home, hyung. Nothing’s going to happen if you stop working for a while ^^

Rereading the text over, the producer felt the familiar fondness towards the younger. He didn’t know when or how it started but as he spent more time with Taehyung, his feelings grew from simple tolerance to the clingy Daegu boy to an undeniable love for the aspiring musician. It was really an unexpected turn of events if you were to ask him. Kim Taehyung was not exactly the kind of person Yoongi would willingly make friends with. He was loud, animated, naïve and innocent. Yet, the younger boy had managed to worm his way into Yoongi’s life and even make him fall for him apparently. Despite realising and accepting the facts, Min Yoongi did his best to hide his feelings. At the time, he wasn’t sure if the other boy felt the same towards him and thus it was much safer to keep his affections a secret and possibly trying to get over what he then thought was a simple crush. “The time” being 4 months ago. Obviously, it didn’t work out as he expected.

Min Yoongi was a person who noticed things. Although if one were to look at it, he took a really long while to notice this. Nevertheless, he did notice it in the end. How Taehyung would look his way when he thought Yoongi wasn’t paying attention or how he would take any chance to hold the elder. Be it a hand on his shoulder or linking their arms and pulling him along to wherever. Yoongi noticed how Taehyung seemed to take note of him and that was one hell of a revelation. He still wasn’t a hundred percent sure that the younger reciprocates his feelings the same way but he was positive Taehyung felt something. It was after much deliberation and thought that the producer decided his course of action. 4 months later, present time, Min Yoongi, previously stoic perfectionist, made his choice to ask Kim Taehyung, 2nd year music major and at times a pain in the , out. Wow, Min Yoongi has turned soft. That being said, he still had no idea how to actually go about asking the younger out. It seemed ostentatious to pop the question out of the blue. He tried asking his roommate, Seokjin for advice. That proved to be useless seeing as how the elder’s advice was to “Just kiss him. If he kisses back, good for you. If he punches you in the face, well then I don’t think Tae’s that strong to do much damage”

He was pulled out of his thoughts by another message alert from his phone. Clicking on the small message icon, he saw that it was Taehyung again.

Taehyungie

Oh and hyung, don’t forget to eat before you go to sleep ok? It’s not good to skip meals! ^-^

Yoongi let out a chuckle at the younger’s reprimanding. It was cute how the younger did his best to take care of Yoongi when he himself was a poor college student surviving on convenient store meals. Still, the production senior was touched by the younger’s words. Finally having recovered his energy, Yoongi made to clear up his workspace before leaving. He still could feel the exhaustion clinging onto him like a second skin and as he took his leave into the open campus, Yoongi was about ready to sleep the day away.

What he didn’t count on was to bump into Taehyung. The song-writer wasn’t exactly sure what brought it on, whether it was his drained-out mind or the lingering warmth from Taehyung’s messages but the moment he spotted the younger across the campus, Yoongi called him out. In the few seconds it took the younger to approach him, Yoongi felt a bout of confidence watching as he got nearer. Mouth working faster than his brain, Yoongi blurted out the question before the other even managed to say his greetings.

“Do you wanna go for a date?”

Taehyung stood stock still, shocked written clear on his face. He couldn’t believe his ears even as he watches Yoongi’s pale face slowly redden with realisation at his sudden question. As the silence stretch on, Yoongi tried to amend his request even as he felt his stomach plummeting at a possible rejection.

“Um…that is if you want to. I mean it doesn’t even have to be a date, really. I just thought we could check out the new café at the corner. You don’t have to say yes if you don’t want to, just ignore what I said I haven’t been sleeping enough I’m not sure why I asked you in the first place. Of course you won’t want to go on a date with me-“

His ramblings were cut short by Taehyung grabbing onto his arm, “No hyung, no. I would love to go on a date with you.” The brightness of Taehyung’s smile in that moment could rival the sun. Yoongi had never seen the younger so happy. Seeing such a smile directed at him forced his own mouth to widen, stretching till he knew even his gums were showing. It was a rare thing for Min Yoongi to be smiling so openly and carefree but how could he not when the next thing he knew was Taehyung’s arms engulfing him as he whispered words of excitement in his ears. And Min Yoongi knew that it was the right choice to follow his heart.