One

You Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an average late afternoon, and like all other days you headed to the on-campus coffee shop to get your usual fix of caffeine… and of the cute barista. You weren’t a stalker,really, but you did start going to this particular shop only after your friend asked to meet there one day and you saw the adorable squish. As a rather shy person who didn’t often try to start conversation with average strangers- let alone cute servers, it seemed like a better idea to just visit and admire from afar the good looking boy who probably already had an equally good looking girlfriend. His name was Hoshi and his smile was adorable. His bubbly attitude fit the cashier position well as he always greeted customers with a sincere bright expression. Despite really wanting to strike up a conversation with the boy, as most other customers did, you barely squeaked out your order before blushing at looking at your beat up shoes as if they were more interesting than the cute round-cheeked boy in front of you. It went like this most days. And when you told your friend of your small- ish crush she pushed you to take a chance and try to talk to him, after all what was the worst that could happen? Well apparently embarrassing yourself within the first two words you ever said to the boy besides “venti iced mocha” was the worst that could happen.

“And how can I help  you?” asked Hoshi brightly.

You spoke your order with a slightly more confident tone. Well at least it was above the normal whisper. Your thoughts were more focused on trying to think of something to say to keep the conversation rolling.

“And your name was y/n right? You come here a lot!” he commented happily. Despite your internal pep talk, you only nodded quickly. Where were all the topics you had thought up while waiting in line?

“y/n? Here’s your coffee” he paused with straight smile and tilted head, looking slightly amused by your surely red face, “I hope you enjoy your coffee!” he rushedly called to you as you turned towards the door.

“You too!” you blurted over your shoulder slightly looking back. It took you .15 seconds to realize just what utter nonsense you had spouted as your eyes rounded in horror and you sped out of the shop at near the speed of light. It wasn’t the first time you had incorrectly responded to someone in customer service, in fact it was more common than not, but none of them had been a cute happy squishy barista like this one. There was no way you could possibly show your face in that coffee shop ever again. For an average late afternoon, your luck sure a little more than usual. Accepting your fate, you went to do the only thing you could think of to make you feel better, and that was to bask in the spring sun with a good book.

It was only when the shadow caused by the setting sun made reading difficult that you started debating whether to just head back inside your dorm for the night. You decided against it because you knew the good weather wouldn’t last long before summer came crashing the party with sweat and sunburns. You would wait until the shadows made it impossible to read. That apparently came

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter