Nine.

Back on Dry Land

Chanyeol loved science, he really did. It was his passion, the thing that made him happy, that made him want to do his best and really build a career for himself.

That being said, he was bored. He usually didn’t mind his lectures, they were interesting and informative, but today his mind just wouldn’t focus. It was like he had too much energy bubbling up inside of him and he just needed to let it all out.

It might have been the three red bulls he downed before class, but that was neither here nor there.

He had been up all night with Baekhyun, doing less than innocent things to one another and they may have gotten a little carried away as cheeky fooling around turned into hours of… well. Needless to say, sleep had been thrown off of the table and he was pretty sure that he would crash at any point.

He barely remembered the last time he slept. Maybe two days ago?

Between school work and his job at the lab, and keeping some time for his friends, his family, his boyfriend, he had been run ragged.

“Alright, that’s all we have time for today. You’re free to go.” The professor announced, “Oh, Chanyeol can you hang back for a minute?”

Chanyeol sighed but made his way down to the front of the room to his professor as the rest of the students made their way out of the room.

“What’s up, sir?” Chanyeol asked, pulling a can of red bull from his pocket and cracking it open before downing half of it in one go.

His professor pursed his lips for a moment before sighing, “Are you okay? You seem a little out of it today. Usually you’re one of the most vocal students in here, but today I haven’t heard a peep.”

Chanyeol nodded, “Yeah, yeah I’m good. I just haven’t been sleeping that well is all.”

“Is there any reason for that?” The professor asked, not unkindly.

But Chanyeol just shook his head, “No, just been busy. Nothing interesting. But I have a couple free days coming up, so I can catch up on some sleep.”

“You and I both know that isn’t how it works, Chanyeol. Just… Get your schedule sorted ad get yourself a decent sleep pattern figured out, okay?” His professor smiled, “And as a gesture of good will for all the hard work you’ve been doing in the lab, take until Friday off, okay? We’ll pick up where we left off on Monday.”

“Are you sure?” Chanyeol asked, “I don’t mind coming in, honestly. It’s really no bod deal.”

Despite himself, the professor laughed softly. “Chanyeol, take some time for yourself. Or so help me, I will fire you!”

“Sir!”

“Well then, I take that as we have a deal?” The professor smirked, raising a questioning brow.

Chanyeol sighed, “Fine.” He downed the last of his energy drink before tossing it in the bin and turning back to his teacher, “And thank you, sir. I appreciate it.”

“Ah, it’s nothing. I can’t let my favourite student suffer too much.” He chuckled, “Now, I have another class in like ten minutes so go away!”

“Aish, so mean.” Chanyeol laughed, “See you later, teach!”

Chanyeol left the room with a small smile, his limbs practically vibrating from the amount of caffeine that he had consumed.

“Chanyeol-ah!”

Chanyeol paused in his steps as he turned to see Yixing running over to him with a grin on his face.

“Ah, thank god. I wasn’t sure you would hear me!” Yixing grinned as he made it to Chanyeol and wrapped his arms around the taller man’s middle in a hug.

Chanyeol let out a soft laugh as he hugged Yixing back, “How could I not hear you? You’re so loud.” He teased, keeping one arm over Yixing’s shoulder as they started to walk towards the outdoor eating area.

“Hey, I am not!” Yixing huffed, though it was all in good fun. “Are you okay, by the way? You’re kinda shaking?”

Chanyeol hummed, “Yeah I’m kinda running on no sleep and four red bulls, so…” he shrugged, “but my professor just gave me a few days off, so I can catch up on some sleep and stuff.”

“Ah, that’s good. You work yourself too hard, Yeol-ah. You need to make time to rest!” Yixing scolded lightly, “How many more classes do you have today?” he asked.

“Just one after lunch, then I’m headed over to the music building to pick up Baekhyun.” Chanyeol told him, “How about you?”

Yixing smiled up at him sweetly as they reached a table and pulled apart to sit down, “I’m done for the day, but I wanna eat before I go meet Junmyeon. We’re gonna go shopping for his mum’s birthday present.” He said as he pulled his lunch out of his bag.

Chanyeol followed suit, grabbing out his lunch and tearing into his sandwich. “That’s cute,” he nodded, “Do you get on well with his parents?” he asked.

“Oh yeah. His parents are awesome,” Yixing nodded, “His mum makes me go round for dinner at least once a week. I was there last night and she started asking ‘Myeon if he was planning on marrying me. It was so funny, he went so red!”

Chanyeol snickered at that, “Dude, you should have been there when I met Baekhyun’s mum for the first time. I actually met her without knowing and she asked me to come to lunch and Baek was there. It was so weird. It was also the first time I told Baek I loved him, so that happened…”

“Oh now that’s what you call awkward,” Yixing laughed, pulling his lunch out of his bag and unwrapping his food. “How did he take it?”

Chanyeol shrugged, “Pretty well. The feeling was mutual and his mum loves me, so I’m counting it as a win.” He laughed softly, “Oh, do you have peanut butter? Wanna trade half for half a chicken sandwich?”

“Sure,” Yixing smiled as they made the swap, “Oh look, here come Kris and Sehunnie! GUYS!! OVER HERE!” he yelled, waving a hand to get their attention.

Sehun grinned at him as he pulled Kris over towards them.

“What are you doing on campus?” Chanyeol asked Kris as the two late comers sat at the table.

Kris smiled easily and swiped Chanyeol’s apple, taking a large bite out of it, “Sehun wanted to catch a movie after his last class,” he said with his mouth full, making Yixing cringe a little and swat him in the arm for being rude.

Sehun hummed easily, “He sat in on my lecture too, but instead of taking any extra notes for me, he drew a ing turtle wearing a hat riding on Hagrid’s head. Though I digress, it could definitely be up for interpretation…”

“It was spot on, you!” Kris scoffed.

Sehun snorted in return, “Not if you were the last man on earth, thanks. And believe me when I tell you that your drawing looked like a massive turd, dude.”

“Woah, I thought you were supposed to be like all shy and nice? I miss that Sehun,” Kris grumbled, making the youngest laugh and wrap an arm around his shoulders.

“I love you really, hyung. You’re just really bad at art, okay?” Sehun smiled in earnest, looking too innocent for Kris to consider getting mad at him.

Kris sighed softly, “you’re an ,” he said, but it didn’t stop him from pulling Sehun into a loose side-hug anyway.

“Awww, look at my boys,” Yixing grinned, “They just grow up so fast,” he said, reaching out and taking Chanyeol’s hand.

Chanyeol beamed at him easily, “I know, it doesn’t seem like two seconds since we were changing their nappies and wiping away their tears.”

“Oh honey, I don’t think I’m ready to let them fly the nest just yet...” Yixing sighed, “Maybe we should have another one? Just so that the house doesn’t seem so empty.”

Chanyeol nodded seriously, “Ah yeobo, you know that I would do anything to make you happy!”

“My prince charming, what would I do without you,” Yixing giggled, only stopping when Sehun began to make fake-gagging sounds.

Yixing pulled his hand back from Chanyeol’s after giving him an affectionate squeeze and turned to look at Sehun with a raised brow.

“You guys are worse than Jongdae and Minseok…” Sehun said pointedly, “Are you aren’t even freaking dating!”

Kris nodded, “I wonder what Baekhyun and Junmyeon would think about this scandalous affair?” he teased.

Chanyeol puffed out his chest in jest, “It was their idea,” he joked, “Didn’t you know we’re a foursome? We’ll have the most powerful relationship to ever be forged by man!”

Yixing snickered at that, “It’s a whirlwind of pleasure, trust me.”

“You guys need Jesus…” Sehun rolled his eyes, before he looked over at Yixing’s lunch and sat up straight, “Can I have your magic stars?” he asked, pointing to Yixing’s chocolate treat.

Yixing raised a brow at him, “I don’t know, can you?” he said pointedly.

Sehun sighed, “Can I have them, please?” he asked. Trust Yixing to be hard up on manners, he really was like a dad sometimes.

Yixing smiled, satisfied, “Sure,” he said before tossing the packet to Sehun, “But you owe me!”

“Of course, hyung,” Sehun hummed, “thanks!”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “You’re too easy on the kid,” he said to Yixing, “No wonder he’s so used to being spoiled!”

“You’re just jealous,” Sehun shot back easily, “It’s not my fault I’m so loveable. I stole your boyfriend, I stole Kyungsoo, I stole Kris, and now I’ve got Yixing too. Damn, I just need to get Minseokkie hyung on my side and I’m five for five!”

Yixing smiled in amusement, but rolled his eyes nonetheless as he finished off his food. “I’ll put in a good word for you, since I did win him over first,” he winked playfully.

“Oh damn, I forgot about that!” Sehun laughed, “Hyung, have I ever told you how much I love you?” he asked.

“Mmm,” Yixing nodded, “Once or twice. But don’t worry, I have that effect on people. Ask Kris.” He wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

Kris flushed a brilliant red, “I’m gonna ing kill Luhan,” Kris grumbled, “It was years ago!”

“Still counts,” Yixing chuckled, “Anyways fella, as much as I’d love to stick around and bask in the love of you all, I’ve got to do. Oh and Yeol, tell Baekhyun not to forget we have plans tomorrow.”

“Tell Junmyeonnie we said hi!” Chanyeol waved playfully as Yixing flipped him the bird and made his leave.

Sehun sighed softly, “Now that he’s gone, I feel like I’m at the loser’s table…”

Needless to say, Sehun left with a sore arm.

--

Kyungsoo grinned as he watched Jongin’s face contort in disgust as he put down his drink. He’d made the mistake of ordering the lemonade. And whilst Kyungsoo knew that it had no sugar, he opted to keep that delightful bit of information to himself.

“Was that delicious?” he asked teasingly, his hand coming down to playfully squeeze at Jongin’s thigh.

Jongin glared at him in return, “You knew it was gonna be sour, didn’t you?” he asked.

Kyungsoo shrugged, “I might have been privy to that information, but who knows?” he smirked, and god the things that smirk did to Jongin.

“You ,” Jongin deadpanned, ignoring the part of his mind that wanted to wipe that smirk off of Kyungsoo gorgeous face in the most delightful way possible.

But Kyungsoo’s eyes glittered with mirth, “Maybe later if you play your cards right.” He whispered, low and seductive.

Jongin felt his face burning, “Kyungsoo!” he hissed, trying his best to compose himself. “Just… WAITER! Can we have the bill please?”

Kyungsoo let out a tinkling laugh, “In a rush to be somewhere?” he asked, leaning his elbow on the table and resting his chin in his palm.

“Yes,” Jongin said bluntly before turning to the waiter to settle the bill. He waited a beat for the waiter to be out of hearing range before turning to look back at Kyungsoo, “Now, if you’re finished being a teasing bastard, how about we head back to your place?”

Kyungsoo raised a brow, “And what if Baekhyun is home?” he asked.

“Then let him listen for all I care.” Jongin said, getting to his feet before grabbing Kyungsoo by the hand and pulling him out of the small café.

Kyungsoo laughed easily as he and Jongin walked hand in hard towards Kyungsoo’s apartment. “What happened to you tripping over your words just to talk to me?”

“Getting in your pants made me a whole lot more confident,” Jongin smirked, “I guess seeing how much of an effect I have on you made me realise how much you actually like me.” He said, tugging Kyungsoo slightly closer as they walked.

“Wow, keep up the charm and I’ll never be able to take my hands off of you,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, but he couldn’t deny that he liked this side of Jongin.

Sure, he loved the shy Jongin too, but since their relationship had gotten more serious, he had been able to see a lot more to the younger’s personality and by god did he love it.

It didn’t take them too long before they were back at Kyungsoo’s apartment, and as soon as they were inside Jongin had Kyungsoo pressed up against the closed door, their lips pressed together in a messy, heated kiss.

Kyungsoo let out a groan of pleasure as Jongin’s hips rolled against his in a promise of what was to come.

“God, you’re so y like this,” Kyungsoo breathed as Jongin’s lips worked at his neck, nipping and at the exposed skin and marking Kyungsoo as his own.

Jongin hummed easily, “Can’t help it. You make me crazy, ‘Soo.” He muttered against Kyungsoo’s skin, not letting up in his actions even as he felt Kyungsoo’s fingers working open his shirt.

Kyungsoo hummed before pushing Jongin back slightly, “Good,” he said before walking forward and pushing Jongin’s shirt from his shoulders and letting it fall to the floor. “Now, you gonna show me how y you can really be or are we just gonna stand here and make small talk all day?”

“,” Jongin let out under his breath before he was swooping in and kissing Kyungsoo hard and fast. “Take this off,” he instructed as he started to pull Kyungsoo’s t-shirt up.

Kyungsoo did as he was told before he moved in and began to steer Jongin towards his bedroom.

“Um, guys… You know I’m here, right?”

Kyungsoo looked up to see Baekhyun stood awkwardly in the doorway of his bedroom, watching them with a raised brow. “Hi Baek,” he smiled slightly, enjoying the way that Jongin was still mouthing at his collar.

Baekhyun leant against the door frame to get more comfortable, “Yeah, hi. Did you have a nice lunch date?” he asked.

Kyungsoo hummed, “Oh it was great,” he grinned, “Actually, it’s not over yet. We’re just working on dessert.”

“I can see that,” Baekhyun laughed, “though I would remind you like it’s not polite to eat so messily in public…”

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to reply, but Jongin beat him to it. “Don’t like it, don’t look.” He said easily, as he opened Kyungsoo’s bedroom door, “And if you’re gonna listen, don’t in the living room, stains don’t look good on the sofa.”

Kyungsoo’s laugh turned into a soft gasp of surprise as he was thrown over Jongin’s shoulder and taken into the bedroom without warning.

He managed to push the door shut before Jongin quickly moved to set him down on the bed and crawl over him.

“I thought you were kidding about letting him listen,” Kyungsoo breathed heavily as Jongin began to kiss down his torso, his fingers quickly unfastening Kyungsoo’s jeans as he did.

Jongin peaked up at him with a smirk playing over his plump lips, “Kyungsoo, every friend we had could be out there but it wouldn’t change what I’m gonna do to you.”

Kyungsoo felt his breath stutter slightly as Jongin began to ease his jeans off, “And what are you gonna do to me?” he asked.

“I’m gonna ing ruin you,” Jongin promised.

Kyungsoo let out something between a whine and a whimper at the words, knowing just how well Jongin would be able to make good on his promise.

The younger, for all his awkwardness and his shy personality, could turn into a beast when he wanted to. Kyungsoo had been more than a little surprised the first time that they slept together to see his usual timid Jongin turn into a y, confident person. He was all hooded eyes and sly smirks as he worked Kyungsoo’s body in a way that Kyungsoo would remember until his last breath.

It was like Jongin just knew everything that would cause Kyungsoo to fall apart and then some. Be it soft caresses, rolling hips, snapping s, he had made Kyungsoo come apart like putty in his hands and it was like nothing else the slightly older man had ever experienced.

It was like someone had flicked a switch and one minute Jongin had been his usual adorkable self and in the next, he had turned into a man that just exuded appeal.

Kyungsoo was so lost in himself that he didn’t even realise Jongin had stripped him bare until he felt the younger man pressed against him, nestled between his thighs.

“I really ing love this side of you,” Kyungsoo groaned as Jongin rolled his hips, pleasure coursing through his veins. He loved that Jongin was able to make him feel this good without even being inside of him. He knew he could probably get off just from this, just from knowing that Jongin wanted him so bad, wanted to make him feel good, but he knew that he would pace himself. Would keep as calm as he was able to fully experience everything that Jongin had to offer.

Jongin laughed softly, “I love every side of you,” he said in return as he reached past Kyungsoo to grab a small bottle of lube from the bedside table.

“It’s not a competition, you know…” Kyungsoo chuckled, watching Jongin with lust filled eyes as he did.

Jongin hummed in acknowledgement as he coated his fingers and sat back on his heels to nudge Kyungsoo’s legs further apart. He gave Kyungsoo a look, raising his eyebrow in silent question, waiting for Kyungsoo’s affirmative nod before pressing a finger into Kyungsoo, enjoying the way the Kyungsoo bit down on his lip in response.

One finger quickly became two as Jongin worked open his lover, pressing fleeting kisses along Kyungsoo’s thighs as he did.

“More, Jongin please,” Kyungsoo moaned softly, pressing himself down on Jongin’s fingers in a bid to be filled more. He let out a beautiful gasp as Jongin’s fingers brushed against his sweet spot, his back arching up in pleasure as Jongin smirked at the sight.

“You’re so beautiful, ‘Soo-yah,” Jongin told him, adding a final finger as he did and making Kyungsoo mewl. It was like music to his ears. “Are you ready?”

Kyungsoo nodded, his eyes closed and his head thrown back against the pillows in anticipation, “Yeah, yeah I am… Just, please Jongin… C’mon…”

Jongin let out a groan at the sound of Kyungsoo’s begging, it really did things to him that should have been illegal.  He made quick work of pulling his hand back and whipping it on the sheets before lining himself up with Kyungsoo and almost antagonising slowly pushing into him until he was balls deep in his frustrated boyfriend.

He waited a moment, allowing him to lean over and kissing Kyungsoo wholly and sweetly, loving the way that Kyungsoo’s hands immediately came to claw at his back trying to spur Jongin into moving, but Jongin wouldn’t give. This time they would be playing by his rules and Kyungsoo was going to have to be patient.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo whined, “Please just move… Please, please!

Jongin smiled slightly as he pulled back, teasingly rocking his hips and slowly working Kyungsoo. It was like music to his hears as Kyungsoo’s frustrated whimpers filled the quiet air of the room. He pushed him to the very edge before finally, finally, letting Kyungsoo have for. He pulled back before slamming his hips forward hard and fast, coaxing a choked moan out of Kyungsoo.

He could already feel the red marks that Kyungsoo’s nails were painting over his back, drawing him in and egging him on to do more.

Kyungsoo, for all his awkward bumbling and shy demeanour was one hell of a lover. It had thrown Jongin when he first learned how rough Kyungsoo liked it in the bedroom. How he liked to be bruised up and thrown around.

He wasted no time in letting his teeth and tongue work over Kyungsoo’s neck and shoulders, marking him up as his own.

Kyungsoo was in a state of pure euphoria as Jongin had him, but it didn’t mean he couldn’t have his own fun as he gave as good as he got, making sure to press teasing touches to all of Jongin’s sensitive spots, kissing him hard and messy.

He grinned impishly as Jongin’s hand came to rest around his neck, keeping him in place, “Behave yourself,” Jongin ordered lowly, his eyes raking over Kyungsoo’s mischievous face.

“Or what?” Kyungsoo challenged, raising a brow at Jongin. Kyungsoo was a lot of things, but he wasn’t one to back down so easily.

Jongin smirked as he ed hard into Kyungsoo, hitting him in the right place.

Kyungsoo’s eyes closed and his mouth fell open in pleasure as his hands balled into fists against Jongin’s back.

“That’s what I thought,” Jongin purred as he reached between them and took Kyungsoo in his hand, leading him towards his end.

Kyungsoo came with a cry of Jongin’s name, his back arching prettily as Jongin steered him through it, pressing gentle and fleeting kisses to Kyungsoo’s neck and jaw as he did.

Then with the sight of Kyungsoo below him, so completely mussed and fallen apart, Jongin felt himself hard.

After, when they were both laying in one another’s arms, waiting for their breathing to come back down to normal, Jongin turned to Kyungsoo with a soft grin, “We should have more lunch dates like this…” he said.

“Agreed,” Kyungsoo laughed.

--

Baekhyun paced the backroom nervously, his outfit looked great, his make-up was as good as it was going to get, and if the noise from the main floor of the record shop was anything to go back then there was a lot of people out there waiting to see him.

“Babe, you look like you’ve seen a ghost,” Chanyeol said, stopping him in his actions as his hands came to rest on Baekhyun’s arms. “What’s wrong?”

Baekhyun shrugged, “I don’t know. I’m just nervous, you know?” he said with a sigh. “I know it’s only a small gig. And I’ve been dying to sing in front of people since before I could walk, but I dunno. I just… Now that it’s here, what if I it up?”

“Baek,” Chanyeol said, voice soft and sweet, “you’ve got this. You are one of the most talented people that I know. And I’m not just saying this as your friend or as your boyfriend. I’m saying this as your number one fan. It doesn’t matter where you sing, or who you sing for, you’re gonna outshine the stars, baby. You’re incredible, okay? So you shake off those nerves and you go and show that crowd what I know you can do!”

Baekhyun smiled shyly as he looked up at Chanyeol, “Thank you. You always know the right thing to say to make me feel better.”

“It’s what I’m here for,” Chanyeol shrugged, “Now, I’m gonna go and get a front row seat so that I can cheer you on. Good luck, not that you need it!” he swooped down to press a quick kiss to Baekhyun’s cheek and then he was gone as quickly as he came.

Baekhyun couldn’t help but stare after him, watching the empty door way long after Chanyeol had disappeared with a fond smile.

“Alright, is my star singer ready to get me some more customers?” Heechul walked over and wrapped an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders.

Baekhyun snickered, “Ready as I’ll ever be.” He said, “But if you don’t get more customers, you can’t fire me. I made sure there was a clause in my contract that said I can’t ever be fired, the only way you can get rid of me is if I quit.”

“Ah, how could I forget?” Heechul laughed, “But don’t worry, I could never fire my favourite employee. You’re too cute to let go. You keep all the old ladies coming in for a quick peek.” He winked, “Now, go make that crowd your , baby-boy!” and with that, he sent Baekhyun on his way with a quick pat on the .

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, he was quite used to his boss’s antics by that point, but nonetheless he made his way out and onto the make shift stage to be met with a loud round of applause.

His heart skipped slightly when he looked down to see his friends mixed in with the crowd of strangers. He was under the impression that most of them were working and couldn’t make it, but to see them all there ready to watch him perform was a better surprise than he could have ever hoped for.

“Um, hello everyone,” Baekhyun smiled softly, “I’m here to sing a few songs for you tonight to promote the store. There’re drinks and snacks at the back, so make yourself comfortable and I hope you enjoy the show!”

He adjusted the mic stand slightly before turning and signalling to Heechul to start the music, and then it was as though the crowd disappeared and he was in his element.

He took the mic in one and, leant in and let his voice flow out around the room as the audience watched with baited breath, all of them at once taken in by the aura that Baekhyun exuded as he sang.

“How can I just let you walk away, just let you leave without a trace? When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh ooh. You’re the only one who really knew me at all” Baekhyun sang, his eyes closed as he felt the music flow through him, igniting a part of him that he knew had always wanted to make itself known.

“How can you just walk away from me, when all I can do is watch you leave, ‘cause we’ve shared the laughter and the pain, and even shared the tears. You’re the only one who really knew me at all…. So take a look at me now… Well, there’s just an empty space. And there’s nothing left here to remind me, just the memory of your face. Ooh take a look at me now. Well there’s just an empty space, and you coming back to me is against the odds and that’s what I’ve got to face…”

Baekhyun cracked his eyes open and automatically found Chanyeol’s gaze in the crowd. The taller man was watching him in awe, his eyes glistening like the universe, his mouth turned up in a sweet smile.

Baekhyun smiled back at him for a second, watching as Chanyeol pumped a fist at him in encouragement, before he continued to sing.

“I wish I could just make you turn around, turn around and see me cry! There’s so much I need to say to you, so many reasons why, you’re the only one who really knew me at all… So take a look at me now, well there’s just an empty space, and there’s nothing left here to remind me, just the memory of your face.

 “Now take a look at me now, ‘cause there’s just an empty space, but to wait for you, is all I can to. And that’s what I’ve got to face. Take a look at me now! ‘Cause I’ll still be standing here. And you coming back to me is against all odds, it’s the chance I’ve got to take. Take a look at me now!!”

The audience burst into a round of applause, almost everyone on their feet as they cheered for Baekhyun, all blown away by how astonishing Baekhyun’s voice was.

Baekhyun smiled shyly at them as he thanked them with an embarrassed laugh, “Ah thank you so much. You’re all too kind to me. I have a few more songs to sing for you, then a surprise song, and then we’re going to open it up to you guys. So sit back, relax and let’s get this show on the road!”

Baekhyun continued to wow the crowd with his voice, enjoying the way that they would clap and sing along with him. It made him feel like he was on top of the world. He knew, he truly knew in that moment that he wanted to do this above anything else. He wanted to perform like this for people, to be able to spread the joy through music.

“Wah, you guys are amazing” Baekhyun laughed, his face flushed with glee. His cheeks were beginning to hurt from how much he was smiling, but it was worth every bit of ache that came his way. “Okay, okay. So hopefully it’s time for that surprise now before I hand over the reins to you beautiful people. But this surprise will only work if my best friend is kind enough to come join me for a song?” He said, his eyes landing on Kyungsoo, who looked up at him in surprise as he pointed to himself.

Baekhyun laughed again, nodding and holding out his hand in anticipation.

Kyungsoo awkwardly stood and made his way forward to take Baekhyun’s hand and let himself be pulled up on to the small stage before Baekhyun turned back to the microphone.

“This is Do Kyungsoo, and if you liked my voice then you’ll love his. He’s the best singer I know, so I was hoping he would agree to sing a song with me just this once?” Baekhyun turned to Kyungsoo with a pleading smile.

“Of course I’ll sing with you. What’s the song?” Kyungsoo asked.

Baekhyun smiled before leaning in and whispering the song to Kyungsoo as Heechul came over to hand him his own microphone.

“Okay, you ready?” Baekhyun asked.

Kyungsoo nodded, “Ready,” he affirmed.

Baekhyun beamed before lifting the mic to his mouth, “Baby, I don’t understand, why we can’t just hold on to each other’s hands. This time will be the last I fear unless I make it all too clear I need you, so take, these broken wings, and learn to fly again, learn to live so free. When we hear, the voices sing, the book of love will open up and let us in… Take these broken wings…”

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before picking up where Baekhyun left off, “Baby, I think tonight, we can take what was wrong and make it right. Baby, it’s all I know, that you’re half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole. I need you, so take, these broken wings, and learn to fly again, learn to live so free. When we hear, the voices sing, the book of love will open up and let us in.”

Baekhyun brought his mic back to his lips and together they sang, “Take these broken wings, you’ve got to learn to fly, learn to live, love so free. When we hear the voices sing, the book of love will open up and let us in, yeah. Yeah.

“Let us in… Let us in…

“Baby, it’s all I know that you’re half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

 “So take these broken wing, and learn to fly again, learn to live so free. And when we hear, the voices sing, the book of love will open up and let us in… Take, these broken wings! You’ve got to learn to fly, learn to live, love so free. When we hear, the voices sing, the book of love will open up for us and let us in, yeah. Yeah, yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah!”

The crowd went wild as they gave the pair a standing ovation. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun grinned at one another before they were pulling each other into a tight hug and bouncing up and down in excitement.

As promised after that, Baekhyun announced that the mic was open to the crowd and the evening turned into something of an impromptu karaoke night, which was a barrel of laughs.

He and Kyungsoo made their way back off stage and over to the food table and the back of the room where – no surprise – their friends were gathered and shovelling free food into their faces.

“Baekhyun-ah, you’re were amazing!” Yixing said as he pulled the younger man into a congratulatory hug, which Sehun was quick to get in on.

“Hyung, you were so good! You should sing here every week! I bet Heechullie hyung would sign off on it!” he said.

Baekhyun giggled, “Yeah right. Then he’d have to keep feeding people and we all know he’s too tight to give over on spending that much money every week.” He said, only half joking. “Anyways, forget about me, what about Kyungsoo-yah? He was amazing!”

“Ah, have less of that, Baekhyunnie you were fantastic up there! You really were born for the spot light,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

Chanyeol nodded in agreement as he came to wrap Baekhyun up in a back-hug. “He’s a shining star, no doubt about that. And when he’s singing for thousands of people, I’ll be there in the front row every time cheering him on.”

“You’re cute, Yeol-ah” Baekhyun sighed, “And when you win a Nobel prize, I’ll be there to prove nerds can get boyfriends too,” he teased.

The others laughed along at that whilst Chanyeol pretending to sulk, though he knew it was all in good fun.

“So… Who’s gonna go show off their skills next?” Baekhyun asked. They really were in for a great night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sup. Enjoy?
Peace~