Five.

Back on Dry Land

Kyungsoo couldn’t stop the laughter from escaping his lips as he watched Jongin trip and fall flat on his face.

The younger boy had agreed to meet him so that they could hang out for a while before Kyungsoo had to get to his next class, but in his obvious excitement, he had tripped over his own feet and ended up with a mouthful of grass.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but find it hilarious that for someone as amazing a dancer as Jongin, he had the grace of a troll in his everyday life.

He stood up from where he was sat leaning against an old tree, leaving his things and making his way over to Jongin, where he helped the younger to his feet.

“That was a bit of a nasty tumble you took,” Kyungsoo grinned, brushing the dirt and grass off of Jongin, who had turned a violent shade of pink in his embarrassment.

Jongin sighed, letting Kyungsoo dust him off without complaint, “I really wish you hadn’t seen that,” he said, “I always make myself look like an idiot in front of you.”

“Old habits and all that” Kyungsoo laughed lightly, his hand tailing down Jongin’s arm slowly as he finished getting the grass off of the younger lad’s jumper.

Jongin smiled, reaching out and taking Kyungsoo by the hand so that they could head back over to Kyungsoo’s tree. “Yeah, yeah. But enough about me. What have you been in the excruciating twenty-four hours that I haven’t seen you?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he and Jongin got back to the tree and sat down on the grass, hands still loosely holding onto one another as though it was second nature. “Not a lot. Homework, studying, more homework. Making sure Baekhyun doesn’t kill himself when he attempts to cook. The usual. Although, Chanyeol stayed over last night, so we had a bit of a movie night whilst we waited for Baekhyun to get back from work or something. He might have been getting dinner with Heechul. Honestly, I lose track. He has the most active life ever. Like, where does he even find time to sleep, you know?”

“I think you’re just mad that he spends time with other people and not with you” Jongin teased.

Kyungsoo snorted, “Right. I only live with the er. Tell me, would you be able to survive that?”

“Soo, you practically sleep in his bed when you’re both there. You’re like one person. It’s kinda creepy, to be honest” Jongin laughed, “You know you love him more than you admit”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Of course I do, but that doesn’t mean I need to have him with me all the time”

“Then why is it when people invite you places it’s always ‘Do you and Baekhyun want to come?’ and not just you?” Jongin poked Kyungsoo playfully in the cheek, laughing as his hand was swatted away.

Kyungsoo sighed softly, scooting closer so that he could rest his cheek on Jongin’s shoulder. He smiled as Jongin let go of his hand in favour of wrapping his arm around him. “I hang out with you by myself, don’t I?” he objected lightly.

Jongin hummed, “Yeah, but that’s different.”

“How so?”

Jongin swallowed the lump in his throat, “Because,” he said softly, “We’re meant to be like this. it was destined.”

Kyungsoo froze slightly before letting himself relax, “Destined, mm?” he smiled, “Does that mean you’re stuck with me for life?”

Jongin hummed as he pulled them backwards so that they were lying down on the grass under the shade of the tree, Jongin on his back and Kyungsoo curled into his side, head on his chest and clinging to him.

It was cold out, so that closeness was a welcome warmth for them both.

Jongin glanced down at Kyungsoo, whose eyes were closed, though there was a smile on his lips that made Jongin’s insides squirm.

“Not stuck,” he said finally, “I’m with you through choice.”

Kyungsoo pulled himself closer to Jongin, “Then you’re dumber than I gave you credit for” he said jokingly, “I kind be a bit of a handful.”

“You’re talking to me, here. You do remember who my best friends are, right? If I can deal with them, then you’re like a holiday in comparison. Besides, being with you makes me happy, so deal with it.”

Kyungsoo let out a soft yawn, “Makes me happy too” he whispered.

They laid in comfortably silence after that. Jongin with his arm around Kyungsoo, focused on keeping his heartbeat steady as Kyungsoo’s fingers drew idle patterns on his stomach.

Even through the thick material of his jumper, it was an electrical feeling on his skin, as though tiny bolts of lightning were coursing through Kyungsoo’s finger tips and into his skin.

Jongin liked days like these the best. Where they met up on the spur of the moment, even if it was only for an hour or two, and just did nothing. Just laid down and kept each other company.

“When Chanyeol first started to hang around with me and Sehun,” Jongin said in a low voice, not really making conversation so much as wanting to distract himself from the feeling of Kyungsoo on him, “He had this awful like… orange perm. It was honestly the worst thing that he’s ever done to his hair. He told us that it was because it was super outgoing just like him and he wanted to be different, but truth is that he tried to do it on his own at home and it went completely wrong. He just didn’t want to admit it.

 “He got teased so much for it, because let’s be honest imagine Chanyeol doing his massive smile with his mismatched eyes sizes and a bright orange perm. Like, tell me that wouldn’t you up. But anyway, there was this one guy. Massive dude. Always used to give Chanyeol a hard time because Chanyeol was this super nice guy that had himself all figured out.

 “So anyway, this one time he came up to Yeol, being his usual charming self and starts kicking him around. And Yeol wouldn’t fight back, even though everyone knew he could totally take this dude. And then, out of nowhere, Sehun ing comes running in and smashes into the dude, sends him flying. Beats the out of him. I mean one minute Sehun was stood next to me, the next he was wailing on this dude like nothing I’ve ever seen. The little lispy kid that didn’t really talk to people.

 “And I think about that day a lot. I think about it because like, if Sehun can overcome the fact that he didn’t like to make himself the centre of attention just to help out a friend, then why can’t I find courage to do things that I wouldn’t normally do, you know?

 “Like – I feel like I’m saying like too much – anyway, there is this thing that I’ve been wanting to do for ages. And I mean ages. But I’ve been second guessing myself and worrying about what it will mean. But then, what about if something good comes out of it. What if I’m too scared to say anything, to do anything, but it turns out that just taking a leap of faith would be the best thing to ever happen to me?”

Kyungsoo was looking up at him through his lashes when Jongin gathered the courage to look at him.

“Jongin, are you alright?” he asked, a little concern seeping through into his voice.

Jongin laughed a shaky laugh, “Yeah, I babble sometimes”

“I know,” Kyungsoo said softly, “You babble when you’re nervous. But why are you nervous?” he asked.

Jongin let out a shuddery breath, “I don’t know,” he lied, “I just… I don’t know”

“I can tell when you’re lying to me, you know” Kyungsoo said with a soft laugh, though there was no humour in it. “Did I do something wrong?”

Jongin blinked, “What? No, of course not.” He said them up so that he could look at Kyungsoo properly.

Kyungsoo untangled himself from Jongin with a frown, “Jongin, what’s wrong? You were fine a minute ago…”

“Nothing’s wrong. I don’t… Look, the thing is that there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you forever and I just…  it’s really hard okay?” Jongin’s hands were shaking slightly.

Kyungsoo reached out and took Jongin’s hands in his own, keeping them steady, “Jongin, you can tell me anything, you know that.”

Jongin looked up, meeting Kyungsoo’s gaze, “I know that,” he smiled, “But in case you hadn’t noticed, I can be a bit awkward sometimes”

“Believe me, I’ve noticed,” Kyungsoo laughed, letting go of one of Jongin’s hands so that he could reach up to brush the younger man’s hair out of his eyes, “Talk to me, dumb dumb”

“I am. I will… I just… Okay, here goes nothing, I suppose” Jongin took a deep breath, “Kyungsoo, the truth is that I-”

Kyungsoo’s phone rang loudly, making them both jump apart. Kyungsoo cursed under his breath as he clicked on the ignore button, but then he caught the time and his eyes widened.

“Aw, . Jongin, I’m so sorry. My class is gonna start in like five minutes…” Kyungsoo apologised sheepishly, “I… I mean, I don’t have to go though. I can stay and we’ll talk about whatever it is you need to tell me”

But Jongin shook his head, “No, go to class” he said, “We’ll talk later.”

Kyungsoo hesitated, looking at Jongin unsurely.

Jongin rolled his eyes, “Go on,” he said, “I mean it. If you don’t go to class I won’t talk to you ever again and then you’ll be really, really sad forever!”

That cracked a smile from Kyungsoo, “Not as sad as you, though” he said, grabbing his bag and throwing it over his shoulder before clambering to his feet.

He turned to walk away before pausing and turning back to face Jongin with a determined look.

“What is it?” Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo looked serious as he spoke, “I just want you to know that… That you mean a lot to me, okay? And I never want you to feel like you can’t talk to me about anything, because no matter what, I have a lot of feelings for you and none of them are bad ones… So just… Don’t feel like I’ll push you away, or that I’ll leave you because you need to tell me something scary. I’m always yours if you need me to listen, alright?”

He didn’t wait for an answer as he swooped down to press a soft kiss to Jongin’s cheek before he his heel and ran off to make it to his class.

Jongin pressed his fingers to his cheek in shock.

He wasn’t sure if Kyungsoo had meant what it sounded like when he said he had a lot of feelings for Jongin, but in that moment Jongin knew that it was the push he needed.

The next time he saw Kyungsoo, he wasn’t going to beat around the bush. He wasn’t going to let anything get in the way. He was going to step up and tell Kyungsoo exactly how he felt, and he would deal with the aftermath of that as it came.

He let a smile slowly creep over his lips before letting himself flop back down to lay on the floor again.

Do Kyungsoo would be the death of him, that much he was sure of.

But what a welcome death it would be!

--

Of all the great ideas that Byun Baekhyun had had, cutting a watermelon with a carving knife in the dark was probably not one of them.

It was late and Baekhyun was really in the mood for a snack, but didn’t want to wake up Kyungsoo or Chanyeol, who was staying over and was asleep in Baekhyun’s room, tangled in the sheets in a way that made Baekhyun smile down fondly at him. His heart leaping a little at the sight.

He’d done some pretty dumb stuff before, and when he felt the nick on his finger, he’d figured it wasn’t that bad. And the wetness that was crawling over his hand… Well, he had assumed that was just juice from the melon.

But soon it had gotten a little too much, so he moved over to the sink to wash his hands and in the faint glow of the moonlight, he saw the top of his finger peel back and he knew that he had made a terrible, terrible error in judgement.

He was quick to shut off the tap and grab some paper towels to wrap around his finger.

He walked out to the living room, clutching the finger and flicked on the light with his elbow, feeling a little woozy as he did.

“Yeol?” he called out, “Yeol! C-Can you come he-” he wasn’t sure what happened then, but the next thing he knew, he was lying on the floor with Chanyeol hovering over him, his mouth moving with words that Baekhyun couldn’t hear.

It was a little like somebody had stuffed cotton wool in his ears and the room was spinning.

And Baekhyun did the only thing he could: He started laughing. Because honestly, he thought, the whole thing was entirely ridiculous.

Chanyeol looked a little like he might cry as he moved to grab some more paper towels before he returned and pressed them against Baekhyun’s finger, “Baek. Jesus, Baekhyun… What happened?!”

“Wanted watermelon” Baekhyun managed to answer as Kyungsoo padded out of his room to see what all the fuss was about.

“ing hell. What the hell is going on here?” Kyungsoo demanded as he came over to kneel down beside Baekhyun, who was still laughing softly to himself.

“He’s cut his finger” Chanyeol said, holding Baekhyun steady by the shoulders as Kyungsoo moved to examine the offending finger.

Kyungsoo frowned, his brows creasing with concern as he reached up to brush his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair comfortingly, “Why am I not surprised?” he sighed, “Alright. Wait here, I’ll go get the first aid kit.” He dropped his hand and stood back up and moved away.

Chanyeol shook his head, “What am I going to do with you,” he said, “And stop laughing, this is pretty serious, Baek”

“I know” Baekhyun said softly, finally a little calmer, “I just… I’m not good with serious sometimes. It… It’s probably not even that bad.”

Chanyeol smiled, “Probably. But we’ll see how it looks once we’ve gotten you all cleaned up, okay?”

Baekhyun nodded, “Okay.” He said as Kyungsoo came back into the room and set to work.

Baekhyun winced, biting down on his lip as Kyungsoo cleaned up his cut, putting on the anti-sceptic stuff and wrapping it up.

“The good news is that you don’t need stitches” Kyungsoo said, once he was done. “Though I don’t think any more night time snack trips is a good idea. You’ll need to keep that covered, and try not to get it wet for a while, alright?”

“How do you know all this?” Chanyeol asked as he helped Baekhyun to his feet and moved him to sit on the sofa.

Kyungsoo shrugged, “I work part time at the hospital. You pick up a thing or two about minor bumps and scrapes.” He binned the used things and tidied up the rest. “If you’re done hurting yourself, Baek, you should head to bed. We have class in the morning.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Chanyeol frowned.

Kyungsoo raised a brow at him, “It’s a cut finger. Not a broken leg. He’ll be fine.”

“Yeol, come on. Let’s just go back to bed, yeah? I’m exhausted…” Baekhyun cut in before Chanyeol had a chance to respond.

Chanyeol didn’t look convinced, but allowed Baekhyun to take him by the hand and lead him away.

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun to a pause before they left the room, “Kyungsoo…” he said, turning to look at the owl-eyed singer.

Kyungsoo looked up from where he was clearing up the mess of bandage wrappers and cotton pads, “Yeah?” he asked.

“Thanks. For… not panicking, I guess.” Chanyeol blew out a breath. Ignoring the way he could feel Baekhyun’s eyes boring into him from beside him.

Kyungsoo pursed his lips, as though taking in some kind of hidden meaning in Chanyeol’s words. Everything felt a little too heavy all of a sudden, like it was too much, like there was something going on that wasn’t being said, but that made all the sense in the world.

And Kyungsoo got it. It was thanks for more than mending a bloody finger. It was a thanks of acceptance. A thanks of a friendship that Chanyeol clearly held close to his heart, and Kyungsoo had to admit that he did too.

Kyungsoo shot Chanyeol a small smile, “Nothing to be thankful for. I’m always here when I’m needed.”

Chanyeol gave him a final nod before he turned back to Baekhyun and allowed himself to be pulled away to the bedroom.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Chanyeol asked as they crawled under the now cool covers.

Baekhyun hummed, “M’fine” he insisted. “Like Soo said, it’s only a cut finger.”

“What were you thinking, Byun?” Chanyeol sighed unhappily, “I feel like I shouldn’t let you out of my sight from now on”

“You’re over reacting, Yeol” Baekhyun said softly, “Look, I’m fine. Stop worrying.” He said in an attempt to lighten the dark mood he could feel brewing.

Chanyeol didn’t reply for a moment, and Baekhyun was almost worried that he’d made the tall man angry, but then strong arms enveloped him in a warm embrace and the tension that Baekhyun wasn’t even aware he was holding onto melted away from him.

“I love you,” Chanyeol whispered softly, almost as though Baekhyun wasn’t meant to hear it. His breathing soft and even against Baekhyun’s hair.

Baekhyun’s heart constricted for a moment, sending a warmth seeping through his body, “I love you too” he heard himself say back. Because he did. And it scared him a little just how much he really did love the boy holding onto him like a lifeline.

“Maybe it’s just because it’s easier to talk about this kinda stuff in the dark, but I just want you to know how glad I am to have you in my life,” Chanyeol whispered, “Like, it’s crazy but it’s like I can’t even remember what my life was like without you. I’m so glad I met you”

Baekhyun smiled, snuggling himself closer to Chanyeol, “Me too, giant. You mean a lot to me, you know? I’m sorry for scaring you today.”

“Don’t be. Just try not to chop your finger off in future” Chanyeol laughed softly.

Baekhyun scoffed, “It was a cut, I didn’t chop it off. Besides, Kyungsoo said it wasn’t that bad. Don’t you trust him?”

Chanyeol thought about it for a moment, “I do,” he said in the end, “But my common sense kind of goes out of the window when it comes to you. Not that I’m proud of that, because I want to think that – god forbid – if you were ever in a real accident then I could be the cool headed guy that gets you to a doctor, but I feel like I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if you ever got hurt…”

Baekhyun pulled back slightly so that he could look properly at Chanyeol’s face, “I’m not going to get hurt, Yeol. I promise.”

“You don’t know that,” Chanyeol said a little brokenly.

Baekhyun reached up to cup his face, his fingers brushing over Chanyeol’s cheek soothingly, “Stop. Stop worrying over things that haven’t even happened. We’re okay now and that’s what matters. I promise that I’ll be careful, but you have to promise me that you’ll stop fretting over things that we don’t even know if they’ll happen. You mean a lot to me. More than I ever thought another person could mean, so to see you getting so worked up over this hurts a lot more than a stupid bloody finger. I’m fine. I’m more than fine because I have you. Okay?”

“Yeah…” Chanyeol muttered.

Baekhyun’s gaze grew more intense, “Okay?” he stressed again.

Chanyeol cracked a small smile, “Okay,” he promised, earning himself a smile back from Baekhyun.

“Sing me to sleep?” Baekhyun requested softly, leaning up to press a soft kiss to Chanyeol’s jaw.

Chanyeol hummed, “What do you want me to sing?” he asked.

Baekhyun bit back a small yawn, “Whatever you feel like,” he said, pressing himself closer to Chanyeol and letting himself drift into the warmth that radiated from his boyfriend.

Chanyeol let out a small cough to clear his throat before he began to sing softly to Baekhyun, “You walk through this world, feel alone. Pain and fear’s all you’ve known. Live in a house but it ain’t a home. Want you to know that you ain’t alone. When you cry, me too. Reach out and get through. There’s love if I’ve been hurt. No matter…”

He shifted slightly, pressing his lips against Baekhyun’s hair as he continued;

“We’re the losers. Maybe we can win, maybe if we fight. Even if we’re losers, she by my side. I just need a friend, are you going to be alright? But you don’t decide…

 “We’re the losers… And we’re winnin’. We’re the champions, we’re still standin’. We’re the losers… And we’re winnin’. We’re the champions, we’re still standin’.

 “You look in the mirror, what do you see? All the things you can never be, all the clothes you will never wear. But we’re together now, we don’t care.

 “We rise, they fall, been through it all… We know,  we ain’t super, who would choose us… We’re the losers…

 “Maybe we can win, maybe if we fight. Even if we losers, she by my side. I just need a friend, are you going to be alright? But you don’t decide…

 “We’re the losers…” Chanyeol sang softly, even after Baekhyun had drifted off into a peaceful sleep, “And we’re winnin’. We’re the champions… We’re still standin’

 “Ain’t got nowhere to go, ain’t got nowhere to hide, ‘cause the demon that comes, it comes from inside. It feeds on your fears, don’t shed no more tears. And when you get scared, just know I’m right here… Together…

 “We’re the losers… And we’re winnin’… We’re the champions… We’re still standin’. We’re the losers… And we’re winnin’… We’re the champions… We’re still standin’…”

He trailed off into nothing as silence began to sing instead and looked down at the sleeping man in his arms, Baekhyun’s mouth was slightly open as his even breaths floated over Chanyeol’s collar and in that moment, Chanyeol knew that this man was going to be the rest of his life, and whilst there was something a little scary about knowing that he knew just what he wanted, there was a sense of elation that came from it that promised him that he was making the right choice. That Baekhyun, when he thought about it, was his only choice, because nothing else mattered so long as he had this man in his arms for the rest of forever.

--

Yixing grinned as he hugged Henry goodbye, making a promise that they’d hang out again soon.

Henry was an old friend of his from back home. They’d grown up together, their parents having been friends since before either of them were born.

Henry was like a big brother to Yixing, for all intents and purposes, but it didn’t mean that sometimes their playful banter didn’t edge towards a fine line that made Junmyeon feel like he was imposing on something private.

It was private jokes, and Junmyeon, despite his more rational side of thinking, couldn’t help but feel a little left out.

They’d been to the movies, had a jolly old time, but there was a niggling in his gut that made him feel awful.

He wanted to dislike Henry, wanted to curse him to hell, but Henry was just so ing nice and it made it worse.

He watched his boyfriend and Henry embrace, watched as Henry planted a sloppy kiss on Yixing’s cheek before giving Junmyeon a cheery wave and taking his leave.

And he wanted to hate him so badly that it annoyed him all the more that he just couldn’t. Because The guy was ing lovely.

“You know,” said Yixing as he walked back over to Junmyeon and laced their fingers together, “There’s no need to be jealous.”

Junmyeon huffed, “I’m not jealous,” he said, ignoring the knowing sparkle in Yixing’s eyes and instead feigned interest in the wonky pavement as they walked back to Junmyeon’s car.

“Oh, don’t give me that,” Yixing laughed, giving Junmyeon’s hand a squeeze, “You’re like an open book, Myeon. I can see it all over your face.”

Junmyeon pointedly kept his eyes focused on the floor, “Shows what you know,” he muttered a little moodily.

“Are we resorting back to thirteen year old’s come backs now?” Yixing grinned, “Henry’s nothing but a friend. A brother, even. So relax that little brain of yours and chill.”

“M’fine. Not jealous, alright? Just tired…” Junmyeon grumbled.

Yixing rolled his eyes, “Whatever you say,” he chuckled softly, letting Junmyeon wallow quietly as they walked.

It was a nice day, all in all, with the sun shining through the biting cold of winter.

Yixing loved this kind of weather, the kind where you had to bundle up warm and as soon as you left the house your nose would turn red, your cheeks would flush and you’d just feel so alive amid the cool breezes and frosted pavements.

He pulled his scarf a little tighter around his next and squeezed Junmyeon’s gloved hand with his own, “I was watching this thing the other day that reminded me of you” he said softly, “It was video my mum took of me when I was little, and I was playing in the snow. And she said to me ‘Xing, one day you’ll be all grown up and you’ll get to be someone’s prince and I’m going to embarrass you with all these home movies’ and she laughed when I looked at her all shocked. I think I must have been about six, and so I look back at her and I said ‘Mama, what if I want my own prince?’ and her face dropped for a moment before she smiled really brightly and she said, ‘Well, in that case, they better be the best prince out there because I won’t accept anything but the best for my boy’ and I couldn’t help but think that I really did end up with the best prince” he let out a soft sigh, glancing at Junmyeon, who had turned slightly pink with the praise.

“I wouldn’t say I’m the best” Junmyeon laughed, “But I’m trying to be. I… I’m sorry for getting jealous of your friend” he said quietly.

Yixing shook his head, “That’s not why I told you that story. I just wanted you to know that… that I really do love you a lot. And I am so happy to be with you. I just wanted you to know that to me, you’re the best prince. Even if some people disagree, or think that our relationship isn’t right, to me it’s the best thing I could have asked for.”

“Me too, Xing” Junmyeon said softly, “You’re one in a million, baby”

Yixing grinned, “You’re not going to start singing Ne-yo at me are you?” he asked teasingly as they reached Junmyeon’s car.

Junmyeon rolled his eyes as he pressed Yixing back against the car, “Call me Mr been there, done that. Top model chick to your everyday hoot rat. Less than all but more than a few, but I’ve never met one like you…” he pressed up against the Chinese man with a bright grin, “Been all over the world, done a little bit of everything, little bit of everywhere, with a little bit of everyone. All the boys I’ve been with, things I’ve seen, it takes much to impress, but sho’ ‘nuff your glow, it makes your soul stand out from the rest~”

“Stop,” Yixing laughed, pushing Junmyeon without much force.

Junmyeon only pressed against him closer, “I could be in love but I just don’t know, don’t know, baby one thing is for certain, whatever you do it working. Other boys don’t matter, in your presence, can’t do what you do. There’s a million boys around, but I don’t see no one but you. Boy you’re so one in a million, you are. Baby you’re the best I ever had, best I ever had, and I’m certain that, there ain’t nothing better. No, there ain’t nothing better than this…”

Yixing shook his head in a mix of disbelief and amusement. “You’re crazy, Kim Junmyeon. Absolutely metal!”

But Junmyeon paid him no mind as he pressed a kiss to either of Yixing’s cheeks before continuing in on with his sing-song. “Dimond boy, only one in the world. Just one of a kind. He’s mine. Ooh all that I can think about is what this thing could be. A future baby. Baby you’re one of a kind. That means that you’re the only one for me. Only one for me. Baby you’re so one in a million, you are, you’re the best I ever had, best I ever had. And I’m certain that there ain’t nothing better. No, there ain’t nothing better than this.

 “Boy you’re so one in a million, you are, you’re the best I ever had, best I ever had. And I’m certain that there ain’t nothing better. No, there ain’t nothing better than this…”

“Finished now, are we?” Yixing grinned easily as he wrapped his arm around Junmyeon’s shoulders and pulled him close.

Junmyeon shrugged, “Unless you’re up for an encore?”

“Or you could just kiss me?” Yixing tilted his head questioningly.

Junmyeon chuckled but leant in and pressed his lips to Yixing’s without any fight, kissing him breathless against the car in the biting cold.

He pulled back after a moment with a small smile, “I really wanna keep kissing you but I’m absolutely freezing… So how about we get out of here?”

“Sounds like a plan” Yixing chuckled. Pushing himself off of the car so that he could climb in once Junmyeon unlocked it.

They rode in comfortable silence for the most part, with the radio quietly playing as background noise, and it made Yixing realise just how comfortable he was with Junmyeon.

Yixing was the kind of person that always felt the need to fill in those awkward silences most of the time, because he was always worried about things getting weird, but with Junmyeon, it was like none of that mattered. Because with Junmyeon there was this flow of contentment that meant that the silences didn’t need to be filled.

They didn’t need to say the words to let each other know how much they cared, because it was in the small things. The actions.

Before long they arrived at Junmyeon’s place and quickly made their way out of the car and inside, desperate to avoid the cold.

“God, I really wish that the weather could stop trying to kill me” Junmyeon complained as they took off their coats and shoes before making their way into the living room.

Yixing rolled his eyes, “you should consider yourself lucky, ‘Myeon. A lot of people have it a hell of a lot worse than we do”

“I know, I know” Junmyeon sighed, “First world problems. Just let me complain without feeling guilty, please?”

“No can do” Yixing beamed, “Anyways, what do you say we stick on a movie, make some hot chocolate and relax?”

“You don’t have work tonight?”

Yixing shook his head, “Nope. I swapped my shift around. So I probably won’t get to see you Thursday or Friday, but it does mean that I have Saturday off”

“Oh cool, maybe we can go on a date or something?” Junmyeon smiled, settling himself down on the sofa.

Yixing hummed, “Sounds good to me. I promised Lu that we’d grab coffee too, but I think he’s bring Sehunnie, so maybe we can go for coffee first and then date after?”

“Mm, lets”

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

So, it's been a while, huh?
Really sorry for leaving you guys hanging, but it's been a crazy time in my life
so I've been coming to terms with a few things, and trying to get my life in
order.
I don't know when I'll update again, but I hope this will tide you over for the time being.
Thanks for being so patient, guys!
Much love,
Tegwi