[2] Danger

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Seoyeon = you

 

By the first week, Yoongi thought it wasn't so bad: looking after a grown adult. Mostly he was just following you around. Making sure that you're avoiding trouble. It was a little tiring, to be always moving around, since he was so used to babies who weren't capable of moving so much yet, but he find it interesting, going to places he never would've have thought he'd explore, and seeing the kind of activities you do, and the kind of people you interact with everyday.

Also, he had grown used to hearing your voice almost all the time. You had grown into habit of praying and talking to them unconsciously. You believed that someone had been protecting you, keeping you off harm and you were immensely thankful of it. Although you weren't 100% sure of the existence of the so called 'Guardian Angels', but you'd like to think that you aren't so alone, like what you have been for half a decade.

Yoongi had been off shift, but still had paper works to do. Apparently. Jin had left some paper works for him to look and work on. Yoongi didn't mind. Since learning and experiencing first hand everything that Jin has been telling about you, Yoongi felt motivated to put on a lot more effort with your paper works.

The paper works the guardians do for their human is complicated one. It was like a huge maze.

In general, they were given a broad life 'plan' for their human. But constantly changes every decision humans make, and with their Guardians' intervention. When humans pray and ask for something that was not in their 'plan' and their Guardians pull a few strings to give it to them, their life plan shifts. Depending on the consequence and the human's decision of what to make use of the un-planned gift given to them. Sometimes, it brings good results, sometimes it doesn't. And it was the Guardians' role to oversee the possible paths that their humans will undergo to make sure they won't fall into Underground Guardians' trap.

*Knock Knock*

"Hyung? Are you busy?" Taehyung slipped his head inside Yoongi's office.

"What's up Tae?" Yoongi asked, without looking up from the bunch of papers scattered on his table. He was back tracking the reports Jin had compiled and summarized for Yoongi.

"I'm about to take over Jungkook's shift now, but I just came by to give you my report." Taehyung said, walking over to Yoongi's desk and handing him a new set of reports.

Yoongi glanced at it and took it from the younger one. "Thanks, Tae." He gave him a brief smile.

"Also, I just want to report on something." Taehyung's said, the tone of his voice suddenly changed. This made Yoongi looked up. Taehyung was never the serious kid. If anything, he and Jungkook were the most playful Guardians among their batch.

"It's about Jungkook." He said quietly. Yoongi's ears perked up.

"What about him?"

"Lately, he.. seemed off." Taehyung said, looking away. "Everytime I'd  see him coming from his shift, he looked.... different and somewhat sullen."

Yoongi frowned in confusion. He hadn't noticed anything strange from Jungkook, but maybe he wasn't just paying much attention to the kid, knowing you were so easy to look after.

"I haven't got the chance to talk to him yet. But, I am quite concerned, hyung. I don't know if its something related to Seoyeonie, but I don't want to jump into conclusions." Taehyung said.

Yoongi reached over him and pat his shoulder. "I'll talk to him Tae, if it would ease your heart. Thank you for bringing this up to me."

Taehyung bid his goodbye and left Yoongi alone with his thoughts.

He reached over Jungkook's submitted reports of his daily shifts, and found nothing unusual with your activities. He re-read them again. Everything seemed well. Yoongi thought for a while.

He then rummaged through a trunk filled files beside him. He took Jungkook's files under Jin's supervision. Then he compared.

"Hmm." Yoongi frowned. Before, Jungkook's reports about you were so enthusiastically written, extensively  written with full details. It didn't seem like a report at all, it was like Jungkook was  writing an emotional memory about you. And it was really touching.

But now, Jungkook's written report was all narrative, unemotional, and technical. Something has changed. And as their senior, he need to confirm.

Yoongi checked his wrist watch. It was almost time for Jungkook to be back.

He made his way to the younger Guardian's room. He passed by the main Hallway and it was still busy as ever. He greeted a few Guardians here and there, until, one of the Tower Guardians called his name.

"Hyung! Hyung!" It was Sungjae. The youngest and latest trainee who got promoted to Tower Guardians.

He was running to Yoongi's side, waving a stack of paper.

"I couldn't reach you on your room, it's a good thing I ran in to you." Sungjae panted a bit, handing Yoongi the stack.

"It's the latest report." He looked around warily. Tower related stuff are not allowed to talk about outside. "Anyway, you know the policy. You'll know once you read it. I cannot say anymore."

'Report?' Yoongi thought as he watched Sungjae jogged back, waving goodbye.

'Did Seoyeonie requested for something big that requires this amount of paper works?' Yoongi thought, shaking his head a bit. He couldn't remember anything significantly important.

He continued his way to Jungkook's room. He found the maknae slumped, faced down on his bed, looking exhausted but not really.

He knocked on the door twice. Jungkook looked up and when he saw Yoongi, he immediately sat up.

"Hyung," he greeted and invited the older one inside. Yoongi noticed he wouldn't meet his eyes.

"I'll get straight to the point Jungkook. Is something wrong? What happened to you and Seoyeonie?" Yoongi asked. Jungkook's eyes widened a bit, surprised at Yoongi's bluntness and straight to the point no nonsense attitude.

Jungkook looked at Yoongi with a desperation painted on his face.

"Are you... falling in love with her?" Yoongi asked, lowering his voice in warning, wary of being heard by  other Guardians, despite being inside an enclosed room.

"No!" Jungkook looked a bit surprised at Yoongi's suggestion. "No hyung! That's illegal. We all know that."

"Well, yeah. We all know that, but still not impossible. If you weren't in love with her yet like you said, then what's bothering you?" Yoongi asked.

"It's.... I don't know how to explain it well, hyung." Jungkook looked defeated. With his inexperienced skills and judgment, he didn't know how to interpret the situation. He was scared of misinterpreting. He was scared that it might cause harm on you.

"Don't over think. That's my job. You can just start with whatever's on your mind, whether it makes sense or not. Let's hear it and don't keep it to yourself." Yoongi coaxed.

"It was Seoyeonie. I feel like.. there's something wrong. Or something's bad going to happen." Jungkook said.

"Lately, I have been following Seoyeonie here and there, making sure she doesn't run in to something bad. She looked so happy. So happy that she looks so beautifully radiant. Almost like a real Guardian Angel . But I feel like there's something wrong. I keep my distance, because my heart feels heavy, seeing her like that." Jungkook blabbered. Yoongi kept silent, listening patiently.

"She's been going home so late in the evening, sleeping a little hours, and slaving herself with work. But she looks so happy. Because of this one guy. She likes this one guy. So much I could hear her heartbeat so loud whenever he's there."

Yoongi was not sure whether he can sense jealousy in Jungkook's tone, but nonetheless, he let him continue.

"I would follow them, everywhere, but keeping a distance. I don't think I'd want to see our Seoyeonie ..with that guy." Jungkook looked down, looking ashamed of his confession. "It feels like I'm sinning because I feel like I didn't want  Seoyeonie to be happy. But I do. I really want her to be the happiest. But, there's something odd about this, hyung." Jungkook's eyes were looking wide and wild.

"This guy. I couldn't see nor sense his Guardian." Jungkook looked like he was about to cry. "I think he might be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter