The Protector 2

The Protector 2

Sleep wouldn’t come, not easily anyway. When she did drift off, her sleep was riddled with pain and fear. She kept replaying what’d happened in her head and she would jerk awake, thinking she was still there, with him and she struggled to breathe. She was exhausted, but she couldn’t rest, part of it was she was afraid he’d find her, she couldn’t help but feel like he knew.

Swallowing hard, she winced, was dry, but more sore than anything. Swallowing was painful and her skin felt like it was on fire, she wished she had something to cool it down, it was almost unbearable, she was so thirsty. Carefully, she turned her head, looking around the unfamiliar room, it fit the idea she had of him.

Everything was in order and neat, nothing seemed to be unnecessary and she could tell everything in there was important to him in some way, it was very warm in some sense. Taking a breath, she started to push herself up, her body protesting, pain rushing over her in waves. She stifled a gasp, slumping back down. The pain was worse than anything before, her wrist could barely hold her up and her whole body simply ached. She had to get up though, she had to move, laying still wouldn’t help.

She forced herself up, her arms shaking with the strain, she closed her eyes, counted to three and went to push herself up fully, when she found herself moving effortlessly. She opened her eyes to find Leo with his arm around her, helping her to sit up. A rush of embarrassment rushed over her, she really didn’t want him to see her like this. It was too late to care, he’d already seen, already took care of her cuts and scrapes, but it didn’t stop it from being embarrassing.

“Careful,” he said quietly, as he helped her get settled before cautiously removing his arms, watching her closely.

“Thank you,” she said softly, looking down, taking a deep breath.

She felt him move away and she had to bite her lip to keep from calling out to him to stay, but she didn’t have to because he made his way back over, sitting on the bed carefully.

“I brought you this, sip at it,” he said.

She lifted her head to see a steaming cup being held out to her.

“It is chamomile tea, it will settle your stomach and help you to relax,” he explained.

He reached out, gently taking her hand and putting the steaming mug into it, bracing her hand with his own until he was sure she had it.

“Thank you,” she said again, raising the mug to her lips, taking a cautious sip.

After a moment, he spoke again, “Were you able to sleep?”

She shook her head, “I don’t think so, doesn’t really feel like it, I kept waking up. I’m not sure of the time, I feel…disoriented,” she confessed.

“Mmm, it’s been about three hours. Every time I checked on you, you were asleep.”

She looked up at him, “Three hours?!”

He nodded, studying her intently and she looked back down, forgetting how she must look to him, a man used to being around beautiful women, she most certainly wasn’t at this moment.

“I didn’t even realize,” she sighed.

“Understandable. It is currently ten in the evening, I don’t want to startle you, but the members will be here shortly,” Leo announced.

She should’ve known he’d want her to leave, it wasn’t as if she could stay there forever. Nodding, she turned, wincing as her body protested the movement and set the mug down on the nightstand next to the bed.

“Ok, I’ll get going,” she said, starting to lifting the covers.

“Aniyo, you will stay,” he said, pushing the covers back down and standing, reaching out to pick the mug back up. “Drink this.”

“But your members…”

“They won’t be an issue, you’re not leaving here tonight,” Leo stated firmly, handing the mug to her, waiting for her to take it back.

“But what if he comes?” She whispered, staring blankly at the mug.

Leo reached out, taking her hand and putting the mug back in it again before sitting back down on the bed, “It’ll be taken care of, drink.”

She looked up at him and he continued to watch her steadily. She said nothing else, but lifted the mug back to her lips for another sip. He stayed with her to make sure she finished, got her set up with clothes to use as well pajamas and toiletries. After, he then set her up with the TV, laptop, his collection of movies, anime and manga then bid her a goodnight, quietly making his way out the room.

Overcome with his generosity, she looked around at all the things he’d provided her with and felt a rush of guilt. She was basically kicking him out of her room, she wanted to protest, to tell him to never mind, that she was ok, but she wasn’t. She didn’t have anywhere to go, no one she knew, no friends. Still and all, she’d have to figure something out and fast, she didn’t have much time. She’d have to consider a flight back home and try to see what she could do from there, see about getting a hotel for a few days while she prepared to leave and all the while try to stay away from him.

Sighing, she reached out and picked up the remote, turning the TV on.

~~~

“Just what is he hiding? Does he have a woman in here or something?”

Leo looked up from the couch as the door opened, Ken leading the pack, his words hitting a little too close to home for his taste.

“Yeah right, Leo hyung with a woman, you wouldn’t let us be privy to that would you huh?” Ravi smirked as he made his way in after Ken, toeing his shoes off and putting his slippers on.

“Hyung you don’t have a woman in here do you?” Ken smirked.

“Jaehwanah,” N sighed, looking over at Leo.

Ken grinned, “It’d be ok if you did though.”

Leo gave him a look before looking back at the TV. A few minutes later Hongbin came over and sat next to him.

“What are you watching hyung?”

Leo shrugged, he wasn’t really watching it, he was too distracted by the woman in his room. He didn’t know how he was going to keep this from s and honestly, he didn’t want to. If Eugene came by and he had a feeling he was going to, they needed to know what was going on, what kind of person he was. He’d already told their managers what was going on and everything was hushed, if the fans or media found out, it would be a major scandal and while Leo didn’t really care about that, he did worry for s, they couldn’t be left in the dark.

“Hyung, can I borrow those pajama bottoms of yours? Mine are in the wash and I need something now,” Hyuk said, starting towards Leo’s room.

Before Leo could protest, N hurried over, blocking the door.

“You can’t just walk in there,” he said.

Hyuk frowned, “I always do, hyung doesn’t care.”

“But I care, don’t go in there, let Leo go get it,” N said, dragging Hyuk away.

Leo hurried over to his door, “I’m going to get those pajama bottoms now! Right now!” He yelled.

Everyone turned to look at him in confusion, he rarely raised his voice.

“Ok, then do it,” Ken said, giving him a look.

Leo bit his lip and slowly turned the knob, carefully poking his head in, he saw her on the bed, staring at him, her eyes wide. He hurried in, shutting the door, “Mianhae, I need to get something for Hyuk.”

She shook her head, “Of course, you don’t have to apologize, it’s your room.”

He made his way over, digging through his drawer, finding the pajamas and pulling them out and heading back to the door.

“Are you ok? Do you need anything?”

She looked stunned that he’d asked and slowly she shook her head.

“No, I’m ok, thanks.”

He nodded and headed back out, shutting the door, resting against it. He hated this, it seemed like she was some secret and she wasn’t, she hadn’t done anything wrong. Making his mind up, he looked out at s, who were in various places around the dorm and cleared his throat.

“There is a woman in my room,” he announced suddenly.

Something crashed in the kitchen, Hongbin and Hyuk stared at him in shock and Ravi stilled, his pen poised above a notebook he’d been writing in and Ken came hurrying over.

“You do! I knew it!!” He said triumphantly, looking over at Ravi, giving him a grin.

“Taekwoon!” N cried, looking at him as if he were crazy for blurting it out like that.

“Why didn’t you tell us sooner? I bet you wanted to be alone, do we need to leave to give…” Ken started.

“No,” Leo said firmly and Ken’s eyes widened.

N hurried over, looking at Leo in worry.

“It is not like that, she is not my girlfriend, she is my friend and she’s in danger, she needs my help,” Leo explained quietly.

The room was silent as he explained the best he could without saying who exactly it was, trying to give her some privacy and when he finished, no one said anything, the mood somber.

“Is that why you kept us out?” Hongbin said, looking at N.

N sighed and nodded, “Leo needed to get settled and get her taken care of first.”

“You can have her come out you know, you don’t have to hide her,” Hyuk said softly.

Leo shook his head, “Ani, she is too scared, she doesn’t want to be seen.”

Everyone nodded and just then, the doorbell rang.

~~~

She was slowly starting to finally drift off, when she heard the doorbell and her eyes flew open and she bolted right up, ignoring the pain, her heart racing, she knew in that moment, he was there.

It’d become uncommonly quiet in the next room, it’d been loud not too long ago, but then suddenly silence, she wondered what had happened. Now however, she heard voices, several voices talking all at once. One voice stood out amongst the rest, a voice she knew very well.

He’d found her.

“Have you seen her? I’ve been looking everywhere for her! We had a small fight, she left, I’m sacred she may be lost, she doesn’t know her way around here.”

Ice cold fear washed over her, what did she do? Scrambling, she made her way out of the bed, limping to the corner, sliding down, curling up into a fetal position and closed her eyes, praying he would leave. She could hear a commotion and suddenly the door opened, she covered her head with her arms, her muscles protesting. She felt a hand on her shoulder and everything slowed down and she awaited the harsh blow that was sure to follow, letting out a weak yelp.

“It is me, get up…come on,”

Slowly she lifted her head to see Leo, his features were calm as usual, but she could detect a hint of fear and worry in his eyes. She numbly tried to stand on her own, but her body still too weak, protested. Leo wrapped an arm around her and helped her up, leading her over to the bed, sitting carefully with her.

“Just sit here with me, don’t say anything ok, try not to listen to what’s going on outside,” he said softly.

Her eyes widened, “He’s…he’s here.”

Leo stared at her and nodded and she felt her heart skip a beat and she went to stand, she couldn’t let them around him, he was violent, he had a temper, she didn’t want any of them getting hurt. If that meant going to him, that’s what she’d do, anything to keep them out of it. She realized now coming here was wrong, she needed to figure something out on her own, she couldn’t put them in danger.

She stood and Leo pulled her carefully back down.

“No, I have to go out there, this was wrong. I can’t let you all be involved, I’ll deal with it,” she rambled, trying to stand again and was once again pulled back down.

“Ani, I told you, you are not leaving here,” Leo stated.

Just then there was a shout and she tensed.

“She’s here isn’t she?! Let me see her, where the hell is she?!” Came Eugene’s angry voice.

There was what sounded like a struggle and she panicked and she tried to stand again.

“Leo, your members, please!”

“They are fine,” he said, trying to keep her still.

“Let me go! Where is she? Get your ing hands off me!”

Just then there was a banging at the door, she let out a startled gasp and Leo reached out, covering with his hand, pulling her head to shoulder.

“Let me in! Get off me! Get off…”

The banging continued for a few more seconds then stopped and there was more commotion and then the door slammed and all was quiet and suddenly she broke.

~~~

Leo heard the front door slam and let out a shaky breath. He’d been scared, terrified of what could’ve happened. He didn’t know if s were ok, he’d been directed to come in and take care of her, that they would handle it. Once Hyuk had said Eugene was there after checking who was at the door, he’d called their manager to get the police. He himself had been afraid to leave them alone with him and now he wished he could go out and see if they were ok.

His body started to shake and he fast realized wasn’t his body, but hers. He looked down, she was shaking violently and she was dangerously pale and looked to be going into shock. Reaching out, he pulled a blanket from off his bed and managed to wrap it around her.

“It’s over,” he whispered in her ear.

He felt warmth on his chest and looked down to see a wet stain on his shirt and suddenly he heard the sobs, heartbreaking, heart wrenching sobs and he frowned. He brought his arm up, awkwardly rubbing at her back and she collapsed against him, crying harder and harder, pressing against him almost desperately. Leo looked down at her, the sobbing, abused and broken woman crying miserably against him and felt an overwhelming rush of protection run through him. Lifting his arms, he pulled her tight against him, hugging her gently, careful of her sore body and she clung to him. He brought one hand up to cup her head, pressing it close to his chest.

The door suddenly flung open.

“Taekwoon ssi!”

Leo slowly turned his head to see his five members staring at them in wonder, they all looked ok, worried and scared, but ok.

“Is she alright?” N asked softly.

Leo shook his head, she wasn’t, but she would be. N nodded and ushered the others out so they could be alone. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door a few seconds before it opened and Ken poked his head inside.

“Leo hyung? I brought something for her,” he said softly, carefully making his way in, setting a steaming mug of tea down. He turned to Leo, a stuffed animal in his hand. “Here, he’ll make her feel better.”

Leo reached out, taking Ken’s prized stuffed Chopper plushie, “Thank you Jaehwanah.”

Ken smiled and quietly made his way out.

It was moments like these that made Leo love s more. He looked down at the stuffed animal and smiled, Ken loved that thing, he was insanely overprotective of it, so the fact that he was letting someone else use it was huge and Leo understood this.

Reaching out, he managed to grab the mug of tea, pulling back he looked down to see, she’d finally managed to calm down, he put the mug carefully to her lips and slowly tipped it back so she could sip it. They stayed that way until she finished it and eventually fell asleep in his arms. He removed the blanket from around her and carefully laid her back, managing to put her under the covers, he put Chopper in the bed with her, under her arm. He stood and watched her for a few minutes before quietly making his way out the room.

~~~

She awoke the next morning to whispers, slowly she opened her eyes to see a few pairs of eyes watching her through a crack in the door.

“Move, I can’t see…”

“No, you move, I was here first.”

“You shouldn’t even be here!”

“Well neither should you!”

“None of you should be here! Leave the poor woman alone, she’s been through a traumatic experience, why are you watching her like this? It’s creepy!”

“We just want to make sure she’s ok.”

“Well she won’t be when she wakes up and sees you all there like that, c’mon, move!”

The door slowly closed and she smiled weakly. She was emotionally drained but she did feel some sense of relief. She knew it wasn’t completely over, but she also knew she didn’t have to do it alone. A few seconds later the door opened and in walked Leo, shutting the door behind him.

“Sorry about that, they’re all worried about you,” he said, standing beside the bed. “How do you feel?”

“Tired,” she said sleepily.

“Continue to rest, I will have a lawyer come to meet with you later so we can look into some things, maybe an order of protection and then see about helping you to get settled.”

“Thank you.”

He nodded, “Ken wants to know if Chopper helped you sleep?”

“Chopper? You mean this little guy? I wondered where he came from. Yes, he did, please tell him I said thank you,” she said, holding out the stuffed animal to him.

Leo reached out to take it and she grabbed his hand, pulling him down to the bed. Slowly she sat up, he reached out to help and she waved him off.

“Thank you for everything and please tell your members thank you as well. I won’t be an inconvenience much longer, I’ll be out this afternoon and I…”

He stopped her, “Rest up first and then worry about leaving.”

There was a knock at the door a second before it opened, once again Ken poking his head in.

“Hyung, I was wondering where…oh, you’re awake! Hello!”

She looked over to see Ken grinning beatifically at her, “Hello.”

Ken made his way in and over to the bed slowly and her fear rose, she didn’t want him seeing her.

“Hey, why do you have Chopper?” He asked suddenly, looking accusingly at Leo.

Leo said nothing but handed it to him.

“No, it’s supposed to be for noona!” Ken took it and brought it back over to her, putting it back under the covers. “Chopper’s pretty great, right?” He said, winking at her.

She blinked, feeling a slight blush on her cheeks, he was very close and she was sure he could see the bruises, but he didn’t seem to mind.

“Yeah, he is.”

“Well then you have to keep him longer, to make sure you’re really ok,” Ken reasoned, giving her a V before turning and starting towards the door.

“What did you want to know?” Leo asked.

Ken waved him off, “Never mind.” He said before making his way out.

Leo shook his head and looked back over at her, “Get some more rest and I’ll be I later to check on you.”

“Ok, thank you.”

He nodded and made his way out. She wanted him to be her protector and what had seemed impossible, became possible, in every way. She knew this was her chance at a fresh start and she planned to take it and it was all because of him, her protector.