two

Hearts Full Of Love

"This wasn't what I had in mind when I let you live here with me."


I stated when I saw what's happening in front of me. I was leaning by the door with arms folded, amused with what I'm seeing.
Wonho was sitting comfortably on my bed, with a guitar on his arms, a pencil hanging by his mouth, and a notebook atop his legs. He looked up to me and a cheeky smile crept up his face. "Why? What did you have in mind?"
"Well, for starters, I thought you would use your own room. Your own bed..." I halted when I noticed the shirt he was wearing, it was my favorite gray shirt.

Damn. He looks way too good in it. I shook my head, and turned my attention back to the conversation. "Your own clothes. Your own everything." I flailed my arms around for emphasis.
Wonho nonchalantly shrugged. "I guess I didn't understand your terms and conditions after all."
A faint sigh escaped my mouth. "Oh well, whatever. Guess there's nothing I can do. You know I love you, so you can get away with pretty much anything."
Wonho motioned for me to sit down beside him. Of course, I did as I was told. He then grabbed me by the neck, pulled me close, and kissed me hard on the lips, "And you know that I love you too."
It hasn't even been a month since we started living together. And yes, I did expect Wonho to use his own room. But now his supposed-to-be room had unintentionally turned into a place for storage purposes. Wonho brought quite a lot of boxes with him when he moved in. It was a given that I love having him by my side, it just didn't occur to me that things would progress this way so fast, not that I'm complaining though.

I very much believe in the saying that you can never really know a person unless you get to live with them under the same roof. Now that I'm living with Wonho, everything he does gets imprinted into my mind. The small things: how he likes his toast slightly burnt, how he likes to sing in the shower, how he has a lot of wife beaters (which he looks too good for his own good, if I may say so), how he puts on his shoes, how he softly snores when he sleeps, and the list goes on. The big thing that I consider worth mentioning, was that he never sleeps with a shirt on. If it gets a little too cold we would turn up the heat on the heater, or he would rely on me for my body heat. It's pretty much safe to say that I have now turned into a human heater.
But then again, I have no complaints at all.



I stared at the calendar hanging on my wall. It's halfway through the first week of December. Christmas was fast approaching. I originally have no plans on what I would do this year, because Christmas was always a busy time at the restaurant. In all my years of working there I have never taken a day off during this day. But now that I'm spending Christmas with Wonho, I'm definitely considering to change that. I would love to spend all of Christmas day with just the two of us together.
I just hope and pray that all the stars would align for us, and we could both have our day off on that day.

*

I thought luck was on our side, and I constantly prayed for it to happen. Some god out there must've heard my prayers. I almost yelped when I saw our schedule, both the 25th was marked in red, signifying a day off.
"Wow~ Would you believe that!" Wonho gushed, when we exchanged our schedule sheets. "We have the 25th all to ourselves Hyungwon-ah!"
I clasped my hands together and raised my head up high, "Thank all the gods in heaven!"
Wonho wrapped an arm around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder, "So now, what will we do on Christmas?"


We figured that it would be nice to just spend it at home and enjoy each other's company like we always do. This was our first Christmas together, no time should be wasted.
But then a week before Christmas something happened that changed everything.

I got a surprise call from my mother. I haven't talked to her in a month. And I surely haven't talked to her about Wonho.
I really miss my parents though. I have never forgotten to give them a call everytime there's a special occasion.
During the call, my mother had asked me if it was possible for me to come home for Christmas. My father's birthday is three days before Christmas, and he would celebrate his 50th this year. Mom insisted for me to come home and spend time with them. It would be a great gift for my dad.
"We really miss you Hyungwonie," my mom said. "I hope you could take some time off and visit us. We haven't seen you in so long dear."
"Well..." The plans I had with Wonho came to mind. What would happen now? I have to talk to him about this matter first. "Mom. Can I call you back? Uhm...I'll probably have my answer then."
"Oh. Okay honey. I'll be waiting!"



"What's wrong?" Wonho asked when he saw me slumped on the sofa. He just got out of the shower, with a towel tightly wrapped around his waist. His wet hair was messy, a y kind of mess. His buff chest and perfectly chiseled abs gleaming from the spots that haven't been dried off properly, a face towel casually hanged on his head. It was a breathtaking scenery.
I involuntarily gulped the invisible lump in my throat. I see this view almost every day but the impact still haven't changed. And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen anytime soon.
Wonho sat down next to me, my gaze not faltering from his body. "Oi Hyungwon, snap out of it!"
I blinked a few times, and stopped myself from gawking at my boyfriend. "Huh? What?"
Wonho had a grin on his face. "Stop drooling. I said, what's wrong?"
His whole presence was very distracting. What was I supposed to say again?
Then the conversation with my mother came back to me.
"Well, my mom called..."
"And?"
"Uhh...she wants me to come home. For Christmas."
"Oh." Wonho silently nodded, then grabbed the face towel on his head, and dried his hair with it. There was a moment of silence between us.
I really have no clue what to do right now. I felt quite torn. What would we do? Do I invite him to come with me? Is it time for him to meet my parents? Am I even ready for that? The questions I have just kept on adding up.
After drying his hair, for what felt like the longest time. Wonho turned to me, and squeezed my hand soothingly. Then he smiled and said, "How many bags should we bring with us then?"
An affectionate smile instantly formed on my face. He already had the answer to all my questions.

I stepped outside our apartment before I called my mother to tell her my answer. My heart was racing. I was so nervous my palms were sweating profusely. I rubbed my hand on my shirt every now and then while I was holding the phone. My mom answered immediately, that seemed like she was waiting by the phone all this time, waiting for my call.
"Hey Mom."
"Hi honey~ So, what about it? Are you coming?"
"Yeah, I'm coming. Uhh..." I awkwardly cleared my throat and took a deep breath, "We're coming."
"We? What do you mean Son? Is Minhyuk coming with you?"
I could picture my mom looking very much confused over the other side of the phone. Should I tell her now or wait until I get home and introduce Wonho then? After a deep thought, I decided to hell with it, it was now or never.
"No mom. Me and my, uhhm...boyfriend are coming."
There was silence on the other end of the line. I closed my eyes, and hoped for the best. After a moment (that felt like eternity to me) my mom finally answered.
"That's nice honey. I'm excited to meet him."
"Y-You are?" I stuttered, my mom was taking this way better than I expected.
"I sure am! Hyungwonie, I've waited 27 years for you to finally introduce someone to us. So you can bet that I'm excited to meet him." Then she laughed, her sweet laugh ringing in my ears.
"T-that's great Mom! I'm pretty excited about it too."
"We really miss you Hyungwon." My mom heaved a deep sigh, but it didn't sound like she was disappointed or anything, but more like she was relieved. "And Son.." she continued, "Always remember that all I want is for you to be happy."
With my mom's kind words, I felt like crying for the first time in years. But I stopped myself from doing so, not with my mother on the line. "Thank you Mom. I really miss you too."
"See you on Christmas Hyungwon-ah!"
"Yeah! See you too," I was about to end the call, but then I remembered something, "And Mom..."
"Hmm?"
"Don't tell Dad yet."

It was unbelievable how well my mom handled the matter. I thought she would be mad at me. Or worse disown me or something. But she didn't. And I'm really happy she didn't. As for my dad though, it's a more difficult situation. He's not that easy to convince. My father was an old-fashioned man, and he doesn't like it when things were out of the ordinary. And me dating Wonho, a man, was certainly out of the ordinary. Way way out.
I have yet to come up with a way to deal with my father. I guess, as the famous saying goes, we'll cross the bridge when we get there.