one

Hearts Full Of Love

A soft smile formed on my lips when I caught sight of the man sleeping soundly beside me. The said man had an arm and a leg tightly wrapped around my body, as if afraid to let me go. I buried my head on his bare chest and inhaled his scent with delight, the smell of sweet vanilla filled my lungs.
It's been two months since Wonho and I became an official couple, the butterflies in my stomach still haven't fluttered away. The happiness I'm feeling was unmeasurable.
I craned my neck to look at the digital clock on my bedside table, the clock indicating that it's 8:15 in the morning. We have to get up and prepare for the day.
I attempted to get off of bed but I felt the arm around me tug more tightly.
"Stay in bed," Wonho demanded, with eyes still clamped shut, his voice thick with sleepiness.
I turned to him, and caressed his face. "I need to get ready. We need to get ready."
Wonho whined, like a little kid who had his candy stolen from him. This made me chuckle, then I kissed my whiny boyfriend on the cheek. Wonho opened his eyes, he was beaming from ear to ear. "Good morning Hyungwon-ah~"
"Good morning Wonho. Now get up before I drag you out of bed."
I stood up and started to fix my messy pillows, then Wonho decided to spread both arms and legs broadly on the bed. "You know what, that's not a bad idea. Now carry me, my love~"
I stared at the scene that has been laid out in front of me, Wonho's perfectly chiseled upper torso clearly into view. I honestly could stare at it all day, but we have to get moving. I threw the pillow I was holding straight at his face. "Stop messing around!"
Wonho groaned, then he grabbed the pillow and sighed in defeat. "Alright alright! You're so feisty in the morning."


The apartment was loaded with piles of boxes today. Minhyuk, my best friend, will be moving out of our shared apartment, he and his girlfriend decided to live together. I knew this day would eventually come, we couldn't possibly live together forever. If this had happened a few months earlier I would have been devastated that he was going to leave me behind. But my unrequited love for him was long over. Now all the love I feel for him was that of a brother I never had. All I want was his happiness, and I would give him my full support whatever that may be.

"Good morning!" I greeted Minhyuk. He was in the process of guiding the movers of what boxes to take down.
"Good morning Hyungwon."
"Need any help?"
"Nah. We're almost done." Minhyuk wiped the sweat on his forehead with the face towel that was hanging on his shoulder. "Sooo, how was your night?" He then wiggled his eyebrows at me.
I looked at him questioningly, not sure what he was trying to get at. I was about to answer but then Wonho came out of my room, yawning, and still topless.
Minhyuk glanced at Wonho's direction, then nudged me by the arm, "Great night huh?" And then he walked out with a box in hand.
My cheeks flushed at the sudden remark.

*

"Maybe I should move in with you now." Wonho declared, we were standing outside the apartment, waving goodbye to Minhyuk.
I crossed my arms and acted like I was thinking hard about it. "Well, if you could follow my 10 page terms and conditions, then why not."
Wonho merely waved a hand in the air. "10 pages? Psh. That's a piece of cake."
I rolled my eyes at him, "I'll make it 20 then."

Truth be told, I have thought about this since Minhyuk announced that he was going to move out. What's going to happen now that his room would be empty? I considered renting it out and finding a new tenant. But it would be impossible for me to live with someone that I didn't know very well. And besides, I only agreed to live with Minhyuk because he was my best friend, and in a sense, also my first love. But that's all history now.
And I thought about Wonho of course. He had stayed over our apartment a couple of times already, but living together was a completely different matter. A life changing matter, that I wasn't sure if I'm ready to take on.

Wonho assured that he was serious about us living together. I asked him to give me time to think about it. I honestly don't know what to do. He told me to take all the time that I need.
I needed time to think about all the things that could happen between us.
Am I ready for this next step? The next chapter of our lives. I know I used to live with the one I love, but this time it's different. Different by a thousand fold. Before it was only me who knew about my feelings, and it was never reciprocated. Now I have someone who felt the same way as me.
I seriously don't know how to cope with this. Wonho's my first intimate relationship after all. I didn't want to ruin what we have right now by taking things too fast.

*

A week had passed since Minhyuk left. The house felt so empty. Usually at this time Minhyuk and I would be sitting together by the sofa, and watch our favorite TV show. His contagious laugh would be ringing around our living room. Now I am sitting alone on the sofa, staring at the ceiling, not even bothering to turn on the television.
I could surely feel the "lone" in lonely right at this moment.
It has also been a week since Wonho suggested for us to live together, and I still haven't given him a proper answer.

After much thought, I decided that I would consult Minhyuk about it, since technically speaking, this was his home too. I settled to give him a call. He had answered after the fifth ring.
"Hey Hyungwon. What's up?"
"Hey. Uhm. Nothing much. Just wanted to let you know if it's alright with you...if I let someone have your old room."
"And who is this someone?" Minhyuk asked, but then he continued on, "No wait! I think I know who it might be."
I raised an eyebrow out of curiosity. "Who?"
"Duh. Who else are you close to? I'll bet everything I have that it's Wonho. Your boyfriend."
"Bingo!"
Minhyuk laughed. "Knew it! Well, Hyungwon-ah. You can do whatever you want with it. It's all yours now."
"Hmmm. Yeah, I guess so. I just wanted to let you know about it first. And to be honest, I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for this."
Minhyuk hummed, contemplating about something. "So, what will you do now?"
I thought about it for a moment. What would I do now? I still need time to process everything. "Uhm. I'll think about it more?"
Minhyuk snorted, like I have said something so ridiculous. "What more do you have to think about Hyungwon? Honestly! Don't you want to live with the love of your life?"


Yes I do. I have done that for years with you, I thought to myself. Flashbacks of all those years of living together with Minhyuk came to me. It was now just a bittersweet memory.
"Of course I do. Who wouldn't want that?" I answered.
"Well, there you have it! Do it then. Hey, Bora's calling me. I gotta go. Have fun on your new love nest my friend! Byeee!" Minhyuk hanged up, and that left me gaping at the phone.
I can't believe he just said love nest!

I plopped down the sofa, and continued to stare at the ceiling, as if the ceiling holds all the answers to my problems.
Now that Minhyuk gave me his go signal, all I needed was for me to give my own go signal to Wonho. I guess Minhyuk did have a point. And a very good one at that. Who wouldn't want to live with the person that they love? What was there to be afraid of? I'm the one making things more difficult than it is. I should stop overthinking. It was either go big or go home.