???

Primordial claw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiny legs crossed as her eyes fluttered opening, winking repeatedly as she awakened from what seemed to be the longest slumber she had in a while. The small legs tickled the skin of her nose as both her eyes centered on the small spider that was crawling its way leisurely towards her forehead.

Swatting it away without a second thought Kyungwon tried to get up, immediately feeling a great discomfort expanding across the entire right side of her abdomen along with the sensation of her right calf being pierced by dozens of tiny blades.

 

“!”- Weak-willed, Kyungwon couldn’t hold back the insult as her right leg flailed around, managing to kick something, whatever it was, away from her. The action sending waves of pain all the way up, eliciting a small grunt.

 

Complete silence and darkness surrounded her yet she could see the small, green dinosaur making its escape during the night. Her clothes felt soggy and her muscles ached from laying around in the dew-coated grass…

 

Grass…

 

What was she doing outside…? Last thing she remembered was going upstairs, finding Julia… No, not Julia… Eunwoo…

 

And getting pushed over the railing. Falling to her presumed death only to be saved by a miraculous land on the foliage that, though painful, served to evade more catastrophic consequences.

She should’ve known better than to trust a spy. She felt a discomfort growing in the pit of her stomach, remorse? Maybe, even if she was alive, she couldn’t imagine the pain her friends were going through. She shouldn’t feel remorseful, she was the one who was tricked, but she couldn’t help it.

As if bothered of being ignored, the pain in her abdomen hammered again, forcing Kyungwon to look down now that her eyes were fully aware of her surroundings.

A sizeable stick was neatly inserted through her right side, there wasn’t blood in the outside area. The moment her eyes laid on it was the moment the pain increased tenfold, now that she was aware of the situation. Her right hand firmly clasped the tip of the stick only for her to release it less than a second later, grunting as the pain fought back her attempt to take out the foreign object.

“Okay… okay…”- She said, waiting for the surge of pain to subside a little before she tried again, overcome by a bravery which origins she herself couldn’t pinpoint. - “At the count of three… one… two… FUUUUUUUUU-“

She cut her shout short as the stick came out, its tip coated in her own blood but luckily not seeming large enough to have actually penetrated any organs. It was a relief, yet seeing her blood, her OWN blood, certainly served to make her dizzy. It was something she didn’t handle well.

Her mind snapped back to the business at hand – her team, wherever they may be, were probably either looking for her or finishing the preparations for extraction, she felt her pockets (careful not to apply any sort of pressure to her wound, which was still leaking blood, something she’d have to take care of sooner or later, if only to stop the lingering pain it caused) but her radio was not there, of course since Eunwoo had it, and nor was her gun on sight. She had probably lost it during the fall and trying to look for it outside in the middle of the night was a ludicrous thought.

Kyungwon was in the middle of getting up when the sound of giant, powerful steps making its way through the jungle reached her. She perked up her ears and focused her eyes, spotting a large sized figure in the distance.

Could it be...? The giant creature that had attacked Siyeon back in the second floor? Nayoung wasn’t very clear about what happened, she just mentioned a giant, brown lizard…

It was way too far to be a threat to her, but Kyungwon couldn’t help but to be paralyzed with fear for a few seconds. Meeting that thing would probably end up with her on its belly, and that was a thought she certainly didn’t want to entertain in the slightest.

Maybe it was time for her to move…

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

It was all destroyed.

Standing in front of a wall – or what was left of it – Kyungwon advanced slowly, still clutching her wounded abdomen as she felt each step drain even more of her already waning endurance.

Smoke had guided her there, to that particular place. She had no idea where she had landed and how to exactly go back to the entrance of the facility, so she just followed her instincts, and something told her that the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter