Sequel

I Am

Taehyung stood stiff as the King approached once he had recovered from his shock. It didn’t help that Jungkook still had an arm around his waist, which tightened when the King was right in front of them, and that the guards still stood beside them. The King's shoulder sagged slightly as he let out a sigh.

 

“Son are you trying to tell me through...doing that, that you’re genuinely in love with him. Both of you.”

 

Jungkook opened his mouth to respond but this time he got cut off.

 

“I can swear to you that i genuinely love your son.” Taehyung confidently declared as he looked directly at the King. The King met his eyes with his own for a second before looking back at Jungkook.

 

“I want to believe him for your happiness, my son, but you understand why I can’t at the moment. People tried to get with me when I was younger for the wealth and power. I don’t want that happening to you. It’s not because he his a men, though I’ll have to get use to that.” Jungkook smiled at this. “I was going to skeptical of anyone you dated in case they were after wealth and power.” The King turned to face Taehyung. “I’m going to let you to continue seeing my son but I’m going to have to keep an eye on you. I hope you understand.”

 

Jungkook and Taehyung couldn’t help the smile that grew on their faces. It wasn’t a complete acceptance but it was good enough for them. Jungkook pulled Taehyung in for a tight hug. He wrapped his other around his waist while Taehyung wrapped his arms back around Jungkook’s neck. They held each other tightly as Jungkook buried his face into Taehyung’s neck causing a giggle to escape from Taehyung’s lips as Jungkook’s hair tickled his neck. The King let a small warm smile form on his face but of course he wouldn’t let the couple see.

 

As time went on Taehyung proved time and time again that he wasn’t after wealth and power. During the first few months after the King found out he had a guard follow Taehyung secretly. He discovered the Taehyung operates a stall that sells the fruits and vegetables that his parents grow. After he closes the stall, or his mother takes over, he goes to the local orphanage to play with the kids. Also if he has any extra money he gives it to the orphanage. It might be much but any little bit helps. The King also discovered, through his guard, that Taehyung would help those in need any way he could. When the King had his guard ask around to see if this was an act he was proven wrong. Taehyung has been doing all this for years. The King also asked his son which not only proved that it wasn’t an act but also a bad idea as Jungkook went on and on about how he fell more in love when he too discovered all this.

 

After his “investigation” the King came to the conclusion that Taehyung is the perfect match not only for his son but to help rule the kingdom. The King didn’t tell the couple this until the night before Jungkook’s crowning as King. The King walked through the palace looking for the couple knowing that Taehyung was visiting. He found them on the balcony of Jungkook’s room that looks out onto the lake the castle sits on. When the king first saw them he could see Taehyung’s arm around Jungkook’s shoulder as he gently rubbed the far one. As the King got closer he could hear Taehyung saying comforting words about what is to come tomorrow. The King cleared his throat when he was in the doorway to the balcony. The couple jumped up from their seats in fright and turned to face the King. Taehyung bowed slightly in respect.

 

“No need to bow to me son.”

 

Taehyung snapped back up as he and Jungkook looked at the King in shock.

 

“What…?” Jungkook trailed off as all he could do was stare at his father.

 

“Tomorrow in your crowning and a King needs a wife or husband. I plan to announce your engagement unless that’s not what you want.” the King teased with a smile.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook were filled with a mix of happiness and shock. Taehyung eyes started to water. He was overwhelmed with happiness at the thought of marrying Jungkook. Jungkook noticed the watery eyes and brought Taehyung into a tight hug, a large smile breaking out onto his face. Taehyung looked up at Jungkook with a smile that matched. Jungkook’s smile turned soft as he wiped away the few tears that escaped from Taehyung’s eyes. The King smiled a fatherly smile as he watched the happy couple.

 

The next day Jungkook was crowned King and, the now former, King announced Jungkook’s engagement to Taehyung. The people were overjoyed and a couple months later they were wed, it was an extravagant wedding. As their life continued through the years Taehyung continued to do what he did before the marriage minus operating the stall as he had a little heir to take care of. The relationship between the people and the crown is the best the kingdom has ever seen. The people loved the royal family and happily lived their lives while the royal family loved them too and lived their lives just as happily.

 

“I think Jinnie wants a little brother.”

 

“No.”

 

“We’ll name him Jimin.”

 

“Jungkook!”