I Am

I Am

Jungkook walked down the grand halls of the palace with a little hop in his step. He was able to sneak out again last night to visit his secret boyfriend Taehyung. They spent the night together under the stars. Jungkook smiled brightly as he remembered the kisses they shared. They’ve never gone further than kisses because Taehyung isn’t ready. Jungkook was totally okay with it. He’s willing to wait a lifetime for his Tae.

 

Jungkook’s smile slowly turned into a frown. The reason he was walking down the halls was because his father, the King, had summoned him to the throne and he didn’t know why. His father only summoned him to the throne room when it was something serious. Jungkooks face turned into a confused one as he couldn’t grasp why his father has summoned him.

 

‘Whatever’ Jungkook thought as he shrugged his shoulders. A smile forming on his face once again as he thought about seeing his Tae again tonight.

 

Jungkook slowed his steps as he came to the set of double doors that lead to the throne room. The guards standing either side of the doors opened the doors and announced his arrival. Jungkook strolled in but froze when he what’s in front of him. There, kneeling in front of the steps to the throne, was his Tae with two guards standing behind him. Jungkook tried to look at Taehyung’s face but couldn’t see it clearly as Taehyung has his head lowered.

 

“Father what is going on?”

 

The King spoke but not the answer to Jungkook’s question.

 

“Come here Jungkook.”

 

Jungkook walked towards his father. As he passed Taehyung he slowed his steps to try and to get a good look at his face but Taehyung turned his head slightly so he couldn’t. A frown formed on Jungkook’s face at this action.

 

‘Why did Tae look away’

 

When Jungkook reached the top of the stairs his father waved him closer, Jungkook complied. When Jungkook was within arms reach his father reached out and hugged him.

 

“You don’t have to worry anymore.” The King spoke calmly to his son. “I’m going to this person who has been corrupting and manipulating you into this ridiculous relationship to gain wealth and power.”

 

“What-”

This man had lead you to believe that you like men. This man has used his dominance over you to manipulate you into this silly relationship. Because of this act of manipulation and corruption, and also because you are my son, he will be executed just before sundown today. Take him away!” yelled the king for his final words

 

Jungkook stood frozen in shock at what his father had just said. He was so shocked that he didn’t even notice that the guards were shoving Taehyung across the room to take him to the dungeons. Jungkook snapped back to reality when he heard Taehyung release a slight moan of pain from a particularly hard shove that sent him tumbling to the floor. The guards proceeded to bend over to with the intentions to roughly haul Taehyung back to continue on their way but were stopped by Jungkook.

 

“Stop!” Jungkook yelled making everyone freeze in place.

 

Jungkook walked down the stairs towards his Tae. His beautiful Tae who was still on the floor from his tumble. His father tried to stop him but Jungkook just brushed him off.

 

“Jungkook what are you doing?” questioned his father.

 

“You’ve got it all wrong father.” Jungkook said instead of answering his father’s question. “He didn’t do anything wrong.” Continued Jungkook as he bent over and offered his hand out to Taehyung. Taehyung reached out slowly, head still looking down, not really sure if he should. Jungkook saw the hesitation so he reached out, grabbed his hand and pulled him up. Taehyung blushed from this action even though the situation was intense but .

 

“All he did” Continued Jungkook. “was steal my heart.”

 

Taehyung’s face became redder as he finally looked up at Jungkook. Jungkook frowned once again as he saw the red handprint on Taehyung’s left cheek. Jungkook raised his left hand and softly touched the red mark while looking apologetically into Taehyung’s eyes. Taehyungs face got impossibly red but his eyes showed that Jungkook had nothing to be sorry. Their silent conversation was cut short by the shocked King.

 

“Why are you protecting him!?”

 

Taehyung quickly removed his hand from Jungkook’s while, once again, looking down. Jungkook’s eye narrowed slightly.

 

“He has a name.” Jungkook started as he stared intensely at Taehyung, wanting to meet his eyes again. “His name is Taehyung and he’s my boyfriend.” Taehyung eyes widened as he snapped his head up to meet Jungkook’s from his confession. “And…” Jungkook continued before his father could speak. “...he didn’t manipulate me or use his dominance over me. All he did was appear before me with his wide and bright smile and I was hooked. He had to be mine.”

 

Taehyungs blush returned. They were still looking into each others eyes but their eyes now showed the amount of love they have for each other. They were lost in the moment.

 

“But son…” The King tried to start but was cut off by Jungkook again. He didn’t want to hear what his father had to say.

 

“There’s no way he could have used dominance over me has he’s not the dominate one.” Jungkook closed the distance between him and Taehyung. The kiss they shared was passionate. Taehyung’s back arched backwards with his arms around Jungkokos neck as Jungkook leaned over with his own hand around Taehyung’s waist. The King was frozen in shock with his mouth wide open as he watched his son passionately make out with the man he believe was after wealth and power. When they finally pulled apart Jungkook looked deep into Taehyung’s eyes.

 

“I am.”