Chapter I_4: Never Let You Go…

Red String/s

a/n: this is definitely a double update... hehe.. thank you for reading this story. that alone, i'm very, very thankful of you, my readers. i'm getting emotional here huhu... blame it on my new fave song from tvxq: PROUD. I thought Love in the Ice is my fave amongst their many songs (and still is) but i fell in love with the music and the lyrics of proud, thanks to yunjaeyoosutv for having the perfect bgm to the perfect yunjae moment. Yunjae moment #29: Lost in your eyes. I can't stop replaying it, u know. hehe...

anyways, this is the last chapter of this story. i hope to meet you in the next as well. I will mark this as a complete story since this story is, well, completed. once i write another yunjae story, i will post it here. of course, connecting to red strings. enjoy~!

my bgm while editing: Proud - Tohoshinki [in repeat]


 

 

 

 

Chapter I_4: Never Let You Go…

 

 

Finally, at Ancient China…

 

 

 

Three long and painful years passed by slowly at Yun Hao’s pace but alas, the moment has come when he could finally see Zai Zhong that he misses every single day, nonstop; all the days, months and years he has not seen the boy. He didn’t have the time to come and visit Heechul’s house through the course of three years because their business became hectic and problems arose from time to time, he couldn’t leave.

And to somewhat lessen his longing, he write letters to Zai Zhong and, he would also talk about the beautiful boy to his sister Ji Ye who badly wants to meet Zai Zhong soon.

 

And so, Ji Ye insisted on taking part on selecting food for their beloved guests that will be arriving soon. Ji Ye, through his older brother’s words found Zai Zhong to be a lovely person. She wished his brother had brought him back home back then but she knew through some sensitive circumstances, it cannot come true. But now, Ji Ye can smile from ear to ear and she couldn’t wait to meet Zai Zhong and of course, Heechul once their chariot arrives.

 

Xien assisted Ji Ye in their preparation while Yun Hao busied himself to finish his paperworks because his young lord is anticipating this moment to come ever since they went back three years ago. And yes, that is a very long time to wait.

 

 

On the other hand, Zai Zhong could feel anxiety rushes over his senses and he couldn’t stop fidgeting as they travel to the south, obviously going over to Yun Hao’s kingdom.

 

Heechul, who can’t seem to stand it anymore, hold Zai Zhong’s hands firmly and squeezed it tight.

 

“Don’t worry, Zai Zhong. Remember that you are beautiful. You will be a good wife to Yun Hao. Believe me when I said so.”

 

Zai Zhong smiled and sighed in relief but still, he could feel a tiny bit of nervousness somewhere, tingling his body.

 

He will finally meet Yun Hao; this time it is going to be different from the past. Zai Zhong is not a slave anymore. Heechul adopted him to his family and he finally became Kim Zai Zhong. He then was clothed, fed and he even got to study to a private school and now, he is fluent in three languages: Chinese, Japanese and English.

Zai Zhong is now in a different light and will not be a shame to be presented in Yun Hao’s family and to his people though he doesn’t care much about that because he just wants to solely impress Yun Hao himself. But still, he do hope everyone will like him for Yun Hao. Especially, Yun Hao’s favored sister, Ji Ye.

 

 

 

The moment has now finally come. Yun Hao’s heartbeat increases just thinking about the time closing in when he finally gets to see Zai Zhong one more time. And probably, this time, he will keep safe in his arms.

 

Yun Hao prepares himself and dresses his very best in a black and gold silk dress robe that has embellished red flowers on both sides of his wide sleeves; he wore black heeled shoes and queued his long black hair and kept it safe with a hair ornament and; wore two rings on his left hand: one on his pinky finger and the other to his ring finger. He smiled after staring at the rings that he was personally customized himself. It is a simple gold plated ring with a red stone engraved in the middle. He did not forget to wear a pair of earrings and then walked out of his grand room towards the hallway.

 

Ji Ye wore the hanbok Yun Hao bought for him while Xien dressed himself in a sky-blue silk dress with flowers painted at the bottom right of his dress. And all three of them alongside with the whole household of the Jungs waited for Heechul and Zai Zhong’s chariot to arrive.

And when the chariot came, Heechul was the first one to came out of the carriage wearing a pink and red silk dress robe followed by Zai Zhong who is wearing an all red silk dress robe with a see-through lace sleeves which his pale skin peeks out from the dress.

Yun Hao's smile happily lifted up finally seeing Zai Zhong. A lot of thing has happened and Zai Zhong’s transformation just made Yun Hao to fell in love all over again at the beautiful man who smiled back at him. He has gained weight just like Heechul promised. He also has grown out his hair a bit longer though he can still see a bit of skin on his neck area. Though all throughout the transformation, his eyes are still the same lovely pair of eyes that Yun Hao remembers and that makes him swoon at him one more time. He also loves the confidence and the change that is oozing out from Zai Zhong’s aura right now.

And so, he couldn’t help himself anymore and, without thinking twice, and before anyone could stop him from what he’s about to do, it was already too late as everyone’s gasp, including his sister’s, telling him he has done something crazy.

 

And yes, he did. He kissed Zai Zhong’s lips right there and there.

 

….

 

 

“Well, so much for the grand entrance you got there, Yun.” Heechul stated as he glances at Zai Zhong who is happily chatting with Ji Ye then to Yun Hao who had purposely silently shouted at everyone earlier who Zai Zhong belongs to.

 

Xien chuckled at Heechul’s statement but didn’t comment. The three of them are now sharing a table with drinks on their hands.

 

“I just terribly miss him, forgive me.” Yun Hao apologized and Heechul sneered at the apology since it was unfamiliar for Yun Hao to apologize to him.

 

“Well, if you say so.” Heechul then shrugged and changes the topic.

 

“Zai Zhong is at the right age to be wed and you’re old enough to have babies on your own already.” Heechul noted.

“What are you going to do about it? Do you have a plan?”

 

Yun Hao looks at Heechul before he took a shot from his drink. “Of course, I will marry him.”

 

Heechul smirk. “It was a good thing that you two have waited until he turned eighteen—“

 

“If you give him to me three years ago, then I would probably be married to him for three years already.” Yun Hao butted in and Heechul burst out laughing while Xien quietly listens but he smiles from time to time.

 

He once again observes his young lord who is now probably not a young lord anymore since Lord Yun Hao finally turned 30 and is now mature enough to get married and, Xien’s eyes move downwards toward the piece of glowing red string still tied on his lord’s finger. He then followed the thin piece of string wondering where it will end and, he smiled brightly looking at that person’s finger. There it is; finally, he found it, where the end of his lord’s red string of fate is tied to.

 

Oh, he was happy to know he is still has his gift.

 

“Hey, you’re staring at my Zai Zhong too much, Xien. I want you to know that I am a very jealous person.” Yun Hao snapped at him and he couldn’t help but giggle and hid his face behind his sleeves as he laughs.

 

“And, possessive too.” Heechul added.

 

“Yes, indeed.” He mumbled to himself as he laughs with caution.

 

 

In the middle of the party…

 

Yun Hao, who couldn’t wait anymore, walked away from Heechul and Xien who kept teasing him, and snatched Zai Zhong from his sister who got surprised but quickly smiled when she saw where his hand automatically went: Zai Zhong’s hand; and then, he dragged the younger outside the palace and then walked through the grassy land; Yun Hao parted the protruding bush that was in their path and then, walked some more until they have stopped; Zai Zhong panting hard but stopped immediately as he gasped at the beautiful scenery around them.

The place Yun Hao took him in is a wide flower garden and the moon behind the latter glistened the whole place with its incomparable light.

Yun Hao then turned around to face his fated pair as Xien stated and with his other free hand, caresses Zai Zhong’s blushing cheek and run his thumb in circular motion at the small piece of his smooth cheek. He then smiled, contentedly.

Zai Zhong smiled back and did the same though he had to tip toe because Yun Hao is too tall for him and his short arm is a bit short to reach his face without a hassle. He then heard Yun Hao chuckled and then slowly move to lower his upper body down to meet him in eye level making Zai Zhong to back down and went back standing comfortably.

 

“Better?” Yun Hao asked and Zai Zhong nodded cutely as he stares back at the older.

 

“So,” Zai Zhong then said as he turns to look away after a very long time of staring at each other’s eyes. “How have you been?” he asked, starting a conversation.

 

“Much better now that you’re finally here.” Yun Hao stated as he blurted out the truth.

 

Zai Zhong blushed hard. “Thank you.”

 

“How have you been all these time, Zai Zhong?” Yun Hao asked back.

 

“It was hard at first but,” Zai Zhong then looks at Yun Hao and lightly pinches his cheek before he continued his speech. “I’m all better now that I’m finally here with you.”

 

Yun Hao now smiles widely at the younger’s response and so, he couldn’t help himself and hug Zai Zhong in his arms tightly.

 

“I won’t let you go. I promise.”

 

“And, I will too. I promise.”

 

….

 

 

The very next day, another yet small banquet was prepared exclusively for the Jung family and households and Heechul alone to attend to. A simple ceremony is being held at the flower garden inside the Jung’s Mansion at the moment.

 It’s a fine day and is a great choice of time of the day to pick or rather, Xien thought that his lord just couldn’t waste any more of a day to pass by any longer.

Xien who is wearing an all-white dress robe is standing beside his lord whose all smiles while standing erect and proud while waiting; wearing a red and white dress robe with gold flower petals embraided at the hems of his wide sleeves; he wore a tough black leather shoes with red swirls on his feet for this particular important occasion since Xien didn’t see much of his lord wearing it and always say it was uncomfortable to wear them but because today is an important day, his lord wore them and he wore them beautifully. His lord’s long hair was tied to a bun and a hat and a hair ornament kept it together atop his lord’s head; and, Xien thinks that his lord is dashingly very handsome (not that he didn’t find his lord handsome before) but today, he seems to be a bit more shining and radiating in his eyes. His eyes then gazes downward, and it became a habit of him to always look for it and, there he smiled seeing the red string still attached to his lord’s finger and Xien thinks that it won’t let go no matter what happens. Aside from the invisible string that he alone can only see, his lord is still wearing the two rings on his right hand; one on his ring finger and the other on his pinky. Once again, it brought him a smile on his face.

 

….

 

Heechul tugged the lace that was wrapped on his neck that was making him itch and then eventually pulled it out in irritation. He sighed in relief afterwards and fixes his pink and yellow dress robe and aligned his position upright, standing at the end of the aisle. His eyes then travelled to the red carpet in front of him and fixes his gaze at Yun Hao who is at the other end together with Xien. They are waiting for their queue to move when the music starts playing in the background. His painted lips curved a smile as he sees Yun Hao’s smiling face and Heechul has never been contented seeing that satisfied smile on his friend and business partner’s face.

And, he is happy too that he made the right decision to take in the boy his friend had bought from a cruel master three years ago. He knew and felt that Zai Zhong will fit into his family and he did; his other eight sisters have fallen in love with the beautiful Zai Zhong and they peppered him with kisses because of that. it was disgusting but nonetheless, fullfilling.

Well, he has to give the credit to Zai Zhong and his fated destiny together with his friend who has an all smile on his face—but then Yun Hao’s happy smile suddenly changes into a nervous one as his head turned and tilted to his left and Heechul turned to his right and gasped at what his eyes has witnessed.

 

He definitely belongs to the beautiful line of Kim family. He thought, smirking as he watches Ji Ye and his new addition to the family walks over to him.

 

….

 

 

Ji Ye who is wearing a pastel pink dress satisfyingly smiled seeing the reflection of the person she personally helped to dress up before they go out of her own room; with her hands on both sides of her waist, her eyes moved up and down, admiring the beautiful Zai Zhong whose head lowered down in embarrassment because she cannot help herself from saying how beautiful he is.

 

“You really are a beauty to behold, Zai Zhong.” Ji Ye commented while in awe at Zai Zhong’s beauty. The man before her wears a red dress robe with laced, see-through wide sleeves (her brother’s simple request that he whispered in her ear as soon as she volunteered in making Zai Zhong’s wedding dress). She did an all-nighter with it but she didn’t mind her eyebags at the moment and forget to make herself beautiful because today is not her day but her brother's and Zai Zhong.

 

“No wonder my brother fell for you.” She smiled when the man lifted up his face in front of the mirror and looked at her with a blush on his cheeks.

 

“For the last touch before we go out,” Ji Ye walked over at Zai Zhong and put a ruby stone jewelry on his pierced ears and tucks away some of his brown hair behind his ear before guiding the man to stand up. She turned the man around and brushes his hair a bit with her fingers before she finally took a step back to admire Zai Zhong once again and smiled at him one more time.

 

“I hope you and my brother will live happily ever after.” Ji Ye stated before guiding Zai Zhong again outside and they both walk out of the Mansion with Zai Zhong’s heart beating nervously inside his ribs.

 

I hope so too, Ji Ye. I hope so too.

 

 

 

 

 

Zai Zhong knew how beautiful he is. He is not boasting but all his life, he has been told that he is beautiful. When he was younger, he thought it was a good thing but, when his mother sold him to the slave house at a young age, he knew then that being beautiful was not a good thing; until, Yun Hao changes everything. Before, he hated his face, his eyes, his lips and his feminine body but, with Yun Hao’s gaze that shows that he appreciates everything of him and, even at the time they first laid eyes at each other, Yun Hao showed him how beautiful he is. And from then on, he changed his perspective of himself; he learned to love himself, even more so than the act of love he did three years ago, running away and saving himself from everything that made him ashamed of his own skin.

 

And today, Zai Zhong still could not believe that he is now going to be wed with Yun Hao and from being a Kim for three years, he will now then change his surname with Yun Hao’s family name. His mind is still in shambles but his heart knew that he is in the right path for love knows no reasons whatsoever; it loves what it loves and, fate ignites that love; as simple as that.

 

“You’re ready now?”

 

Zai Zhong’s eyes blinks at Heechul’s question and he nervously smiled back as he took his brother’s arm that was already waiting for him.

 

“Yes.”

 

….

 

 

It was a short walk, but for Yun Hao, watching Zai Zhong walking toward him together with Heechul felt eternal; like he didn’t want to wait for Zai Zhong to come to him but to run and trapped him inside his arms at the middle of the aisle. He just doesn’t want to waste any more time and be with the younger for now and forever. If that is not too much to ask.

 

He graced a smile once they finally meet at the end of the aisle and before Yun Hao could took Zai Zhong’s hand, Heechul stopped him and glanced at him with a warning look.

 

“Just… a little warning,” Heechul then gripped Yun Hao’s and Zai Zhong’s hands inside his own ones. “If you ever hurt Zai Zhong and make him cry,” he stopped and squeezed his hand one more time before he continued, “Me, together with my eight sisters and our parents will hunt you down. And believe me, we will.” Heechul then patted his hand two times before giving him a smile and finally handed him Zai Zhong’s hand that Yun Hao quickly took and nodded at Heechul’s remark.

 

“That will never happen. I promise.” Yun Hao said as he bore his gaze at Zai Zhong who looks so beautiful in front of his eyes.

 

“I’ll take your word for that, brother-in-law.” Heechul then chuckled as he walks away and sit at an unoccupied chair at the side and watched the couple, soon to be married, with joy.

 

….

 

The wedding finally begun. Xien enunciated the start of Yun Hao and Zai Zhong’s eternal love for each other. He blabbered some words Yun Hao couldn’t come to understand as his mind and eyes are busy staring his soon-to-be wife. Zai Zhong did the same and, they both got startled when they heard Xien clearing his throat and they both look at Xien who gestured them to face each other and finally say the vow they will have to promise to each other.

 

And so, Yun Hao cleared his throat and gently squeezed Zai Zhong’s hands then looks at him in the eyes lovingly as he said his vow.

 

“I promise from this day onwards, you will never be cold as I will be the one who will warm you up; no one can ever hurt you anymore as I will be the one to protect you; here, my arms will keep you safe. I will love you for the rest of my days and I promise that I will keep all my promises to you with this ring,” Yun Hao then removed the ring from his pinky finger then slips it in Zai Zhong’s left ring finger that fits perfectly. Yun Hao is relieved that it fits wonderfully. He was kind of scared it will not fit before. But, thankfully it did.

 

Zai Zhong’s eyes glistened as he stares back at Yun Hao and the latter caresses his soon-to-be wife’s cheek and, smiled.

 

“Stay with me, you’re so beautiful,

Shine your leaves; will you always bloom for me?

So only I can see it, stay, you stay always

 

Stay with me, just by my side,

Blow my heart; will you always bloom for me?

Eternally in my heart, stay, you stay always”

 

 

Yun Hao then started singing the song he wanted to sing to Zai Zhong who fits perfectly with the title song: Flower lady. And, Yun Hao thinks that Zai Zhong is absolutely beautiful, even more so beautiful than a flower lady.

 

Then, it is Zai Zhong’s turn now. He breathes in and out and stares lovingly at his soon-to-be husband then, took his hands and holds it the same way Yun Hao did earlier. He then opens his mouth to breathe out the words he wants Yun Hao to know. His forever vow.

 

“First, I want to thank you for saving me from my past and gave me a future I never thought I could have. I am truly grateful to you because you are the reason why I finally found a home where I could call a home and a family that I could love and protect from this moment on;” Zai Zhong smiled then kissed the back of Yun Hao’s hands. Then, he continued.

 

“And now, I know I couldn’t give you anything else besides myself and my life,” he then looks at Yun Hao intently. “But I promise you that I will do everything and anything to treasure you and love you forever even after death do us part; I promise to be a good wife to you; I promise to never leave your side, no matter what. I found a home and you are my home, my lord. I will love you for the rest of my days. I promise you.”

 

Zai Zhong then took out the ring on Yun Hao’s right ring finger and transfer the ring to the latter’s left finger and kissed it afterwards.

The audiences then clapped their hands in the background after the cringe-worthy vow the couple shared with each other and to the crowd watching them as they do so.

 

“Can I sing a song for you, my lord?” Zai asked and looked at Yun Hao with love as he waited for the latter’s approval and when Yun Hao smiled and nodded his head, Zai Zhong kissed his lord’s hand one more time. He then, sing his heart out while looking at the person he will spend the rest of his life with.

 

“I believe... I believe that one can fall in love at first sight

Though I told you that it wasn't possible I only hid this thought from you because I was afraid

That you would look at me as if I was careless and hasty.

 

I believe in you...

I will send all my feelings for you through the way I look at you.

Do you know how my heart feels?

How I want to keep the feelings I have for you hidden?

Even the fearful feelings for when you might leave me one day.

 

If I could stay by your side like this...

If, in the end, it is that I don't know anything about how much I love you.

 

I can't let you go. You are the only one in my life”

 

After Zai Zhong finished his song, Yun Hao embraces his wife and then whispered at the younger’s ear.

 

“Please keep looking at me with the same eyes...” Yun Hao pulled away and stare at Zai Zhong’s eyes as he caresses both his cheeks. “Always and forever like this.”

“Can you do that, Zai Zhong?” Yun Hao asked.

 

Zai Zhong giggled then nodded his head. “Yes, my lovely Yun Hao. I am more than willing to do so, my lord.”

 

“Very good,” Yun Hao said then finally lean forward until their noses touch. “I will protect you, my love. Always.”

 

And after that, Yun Hao closes the gap between them and officially kissed Zai Zhong’s awaiting lips and, concluded the small ceremony.

 

“Let’s all give a round of applause to the newly married couple whom by an invisible red string attached to the end of their fingers brought them together and find love which is more powerful than anything the world could offer. Always keep the faith to each other. We, the people who loves you will always watch you and guide you and that’s a promise.” Xien stated and everyone clapped including the couple then kissed each other for the second time.

 

….

 

 

After saying their ‘I do’s’ and endless “I’ll protect you” and, exchanging of rings from the now married couple, Xien walked over to Heechul’s table and sat beside the latter as he continues to watch his lord and his slave flirt at their own table.

 

“My sisters will kill me once they found out about their wedding.” Heechul stated, shaking his head then, takes a shot of his drink to his mouth.

Xien chuckled.

 

“You can just tell them that my brother could not wait any longer because he was scared Zai Zhong would be snatch away from him if he let him go again,”

Xien and Heechul looked up and saw Ji Ye sat across the two with the smile on her face then glanced at Heechul as she concluded her statement, “brother-in-law.”

 

And the three of them laughed while the married couple is still busy flirting before them.

 

“I will, I will,” Heechul said, “sister-in-law”

 

“And what do you say about it, Xien? You are my brother-in-law too.”

 

“Me? Lord Heechul, I—“

 

“Brother-in-law,” Heechul called out and poured him a drink which Xien gladly accepted.

 

Ji Ye laughed at the two. “You two are so cute.” She said and laughed once more.

 

 

….

 

It was a wonderful night. Everybody had fun. Yun Hao finally got Zai Zhong. Heechul stayed over for another day then went back to the capital leaving Zai Zhong with Yun Hao since he obviously can’t bring his brother back any longer. And so, he will have to deal with his sisters alone, all by himself while, Yun Hao should be the one to face his sisters and not him but; Heechul knew he also was held responsible for the shotgun wedding that happened the other day.

Heechul’s sisters and his parents grilled him once he arrived and said there should be another wedding to happen and so, it happened. Yun Hao and Zai Zhong travelled to the Kim’s Mansion in the north and a closed wedding happened with just the Jungs and Kims attending it. The couple stayed for a week before going back to the south with too many things to be brought home afterwards.

 

….

 

 

Xien watches the two inside the carriage as they travel back home, who cannot stop themselves from touching and flirting with each other. Each day passes by ever since the first wedding, Xien observed the big changes to his lord’s attitude and the thought will always bring a smile to his face. His eyes then moved to their intertwined fingers and stare at the glowing red strings attached to their smallest fingers that has never been entangled.

 

But little did Xien know, that invisible, glowing red string is just one of the few he will witness and in due time, he will watch as this fated pair bring chaos with them as they fall deeper and deeper in love.

 

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

a/n2: the wedding march is of course Proud by tohoshinki. and, if i couldn't point out a very important part, i will now: Jaejoong's body is still untainted here. I wanted him to be a and just like i told in the first chapter, he runs away to the men who touches him that's why his master is cruel to him.

all the italic words are from dbsk songs. Yun Hao’s song is titled: Flower lady and JJs is from Believe. I was writing it while cringing so I hope you can forgive me for being so cheesy XD. This is the end of this story. I will mark this complete for now while finding inspiration to write another story of them. I can’t promise when will it be since I haven’t written anything yet but, soon I guess. I have to make up with my other fics that are unfinished so please bear with me. Thank you so much for reading this story and for commenting!