Chapter I_3: Something to Believe In…

Red String/s

a/n: i will post the rest of the story now. i know it's not beautifully written and i totally lack of vocabulary; i still lack of inspiration and because i don't read books simply because it makes me sleepy. even though, i will give writing one more time. i will try to finish my other unfinished fics if i am able. so yeah... i hope you like this story of mine.

this is short and 1600+ words. next chapter has a lot more. i promise.


 

 

 

Chapter I_3: Something to Believe In…

 

 

 

Heechul contemplated inside his own room and his red room are not helping him make his decision. He weighs Xien’s words, his words and earlier, Yun Hao’s words as he proclaimed that he cannot leave his slave in his care.

He wondered how a person could easily change upon meeting love. Heechul pondered by the last word and he just couldn’t seem to understand how love could be so powerful that even a strong-willed and cool childhood friend of his could say and do such acts he could never thought Yun Hao would act. Ever. But, he did. And Heechul was even more furious as he was when choosing his Grade A slaves to sell in the black market.

And that too. Heechul remembered Yun Hao also pointed out that he would probably sell the boy if he leaves him behind.

 

“Like, what the heck? He was obviously out of his rationality thinking about such thing? Didn’t he know me all his life? That crazy love-struck of a bastard!”

 

Heechul blurted out in frustration and lashes out his anger to the figurines, papers and things on top of his desk, not minding how precious and expensive they are. He could only care less right now.

 

But, he has a decision to make now. He then stormed out of his room toward Yun Hao’s room.

 

….

 

“My lord, as much as I want Zai Zhong to be protected too, he cannot come with us on our journey back home.” Xien explained for the nth time and he sighed when his young lord become too dumb to listen to his every word. He listens to him before but right now, no.

 

Is he now that unrighteous that his words couldn’t seem to pass through his young lord’s deafened ears?

 

“Why not? Ji Ye would absolutely love him to be around. They could learn together—“

 

“Do you clearly not see why not, my lord? Please do not close your ears from your own desired opinions.”

 

“Xien,” Yun Hao called then takes another look at the sleeping angel on his bed that has gone tired after crying, then back to his eunuch who seems to be frustrated in talking to him.

 

And why would Xien not be? Yun Hao knew he has a point but why does it when he opens his mouth to speak, his words seemed to be too stubborn to say the supposed to be right thing to say? He could conclude that he has gone crazy. Mad even.

 

“I’m sorry, Xien. But, I already promised this boy that I won’t let anyone harm him. And a man must honor his words.”

 

Xien could only sighed.

 

That was also the queue for Heechul to go inside the room after listening to the conversations he has heard outside before going in.

He clearly has heard enough of Yun Hao’s blabbering.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt you two but you have to consider my opinion as I am very much entitled in this serious matter too.”

 

“Forgive me Heechul, but my decision is firm.” Yun Hao said in conviction and Heechul needs to be more convincing in order to change Yun Hao’s affirmation.

 

“I know.” Heechul said. “Don’t I get to say mine first?”

 

“Okay then, talk.” Yun Hao replied. Heechul nod.

 

“I want Zai Zhong to stay under my care. He will be under my wing—for the time being.” Heechul took note, looking at Xien and then to his childhood friend who become shocked at his resolution on the matter at hand. He then continued, “I will teach him everything I know of and I promise you, Yun Hao, that no one can ever lay a finger at Zai Zhong as long as I live.”

“How about that?”

 

“I can’t let you do that—“

 

“And what, Yun?” Heechul cut his childhood friend off. “Take him home and start a rumor? Remember that you are not just living on your own. You are the lord of your own kingdom at the South. When they hear you bought a slave out of pity, what do you think your people speak of you? I hardly believe it would be pleasant in the ears.”

“Let him stay here and in due time, I will give him back to you, Yun. I promise.”

 

Heechul is right. Yun Hao thought but, if he leaves Zai Zhong away from his sight, he doesn’t know what would he do if that happens.

 

“My lord,” Xien called after a long pause of silence surrounding the room. “We should go.”

 

Yun Hao sighed and takes a look at the beautiful boy’s sleeping figure.

 

“Let’s wait just until he wakes up.” Yun Hao spoke in a very sad tone as his hands travel to caress the boy’s face.

 

….

 

 

“You have clearly no idea what thoughts ran through my mind after our last conversation in your room,” Heechul spoke and sat on his chair in front of his clean and figure-free desk and look at the person who sat across him with now a small smile on his lips.

“Xien.”

 

“I’m sorry to have put you in a tight position, Lord Heechul.” Xien said and bowed his head politely. “But you already knew that I am not capable of saying the right things at the moment that I have to do what must be done in times like this one.”

 

Heechul nodded and sighed. “He’s with the boy now, right?”

 

Xien nodded in reply.

 

“You know, I also think about dressing him up in a girl’s clothes and no one will find out because the boy’s beautiful. But what if, somewhere in the future, he has been found out as a man? That would completely disgrace Yun Hao’s family.”

 

“In contrary to your thinking Lord Heechul, I don’t think my lord will not mind the fact that he will bring a slave, a boy at that back home. It is unfortunate how fate can pull love out and help it grow strong as the time quickly passes by.” Xien stated, amused after remembering his young lord’s determination over his attempt of convincing him to leave the boy behind and journey without him was so very strong. It is hard to believe that the young lord he’s watching ever since he was a child could grow out to be mature in just a short period of time.

 

Xien’s former master must be proud of what has become of his son and is probably now smiling from heaven right now.

 

….

 

Yun Hao watches the sleeping boy in his bed breathe at steady pace and smiled at how he looks so peaceful when sleeping, with his slightly parted lips. The boy must be comfortable and Yun Hao thinks that it was the first time the boy felt the comfort his bed is giving him. He must’ve slept on cold floors all his life.

 

The boy then stirred and slowly opens his eyes and adjusts his vision straight then, he gasped and suddenly rise from lying down to sitting and holding the blanket up high his neck; obviously startled.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yun Hao stated as he looks at Zai Zhong’s face with pained face.

 

“It seems that I couldn’t keep my words at the moment.” Yun Hao then looks at the crumpled sheet of his bed in agony.

 

Zai Zhong then crawled and face him, lift up his face and caresses Yun Hao’s face with a soft smile. Yun Hao couldn’t help but to lean on and overlap his left hand on Zai Zhong’s hand on his cheek.

 

“I will work hard to be a worthy slave for you, my lord Yun Hao.” Zai Zhong replied and plant a soft kiss on Yun Hao’s forehead. “So, you have to promise me that you will work hard so that we can meet soon.”

“Can you do that?”

 

“You heard?”

 

“Sorry.” Zai Zhong shyly smiled.

 

Yun Hao then nodded. “Because our fate is stronger; you must always keep your faith in me, alright?”

 

“At all times, my lord Yun Hao.” Zai Zhong chuckled and Yun Hao caresses the boy’s cheek with his free hand then kissed his forehead too in response to the boy’s kiss on his forehead earlier.

 

“Call me… Yun Hao.”

 

Zai Zhong just smiled.

 

….

 

Yun Hao once again plant a soft kiss on Zai Zhong’s forehead and Heechul snorted then snatched away his childhood friend’s slave before he could ravish the younger boy even more.

 

“I will be back.” Yun Hao said, looking intently at Zai Zhong and the boy smiled in response.

 

“Please take care of him for me, Heechul.” He then looks at Heechul who smirks at him in reply.

 

“I will let him gain some weight and by the time you arrived back here, Zai Zhong’s body will be spotless white like a porcelain vase.”

 

“I will take your word for that.” Yun Hao said, smiling and he hopped in his carriage followed by Xien who bowed down at Heechul before going in and sits beside his young lord.

 

“A lot of things happened in a short period of time, don’t you think my lord?” Xien asked, fondly and Yun Hao chuckled at his eunuch’s words.

 

“Yeah. I agree.”

 

Xien’s lips formed a smile as he saw his young lord’s face lighted up and it was the first time he ever saw him happy like that, except being around his favored sister. But to smile from happiness because of a slave he just met yesterday? That is one.

 

He then observes his young lord’s behavior from head to toe and his eyes widely opens up as his line of vision stops at the glowing red string on his young lord’s smallest finger. He followed the line and it went pass through the back of the couch, passed the metal wall of the carriage possibly connected to the end of his young lord’s destined and fated pair, Zai Zhong’s finger.

 

“Invisible red string, huh.” He mumbled.

 

….

 

a/n2: and onto the next chapter...