Chapter I_1. When the Red Strings Attach…

Red String/s

A/n: this is definitely my first time writing historical so I hope you go easy on me on this one. And I just used the name "Forbidden City" as a name reference of a place and nothing more.Thank you. I'm warning you now, this is a cliff hanger and short (very, very  short) and I actually don't know what to say to this chapter... *sigh*

Xien [OC], Yunho and Heechul are in the first chapter... this story will have four chapters total and it will have short chapters. I used their Chinese names and removed the 'H' in yunho's sister's name to make it a chinese name ( i know it doesn't make sense but, whatever) in this story so i hope you don't get confused by it.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter I_1.  When the Red Strings Attach…

 

 

 

 

Ancient China…

 

 

 

Young Lord Yun Hao ruled a small kingdom in the southern part of mainland China. He was just twenty-two years old when both his parents’ sudden death caused him and sister to suffer such an early loss. But, fortunately for the young lord, he had never had a hard time governing their kingdom as he has a loyal eunuch on his side the whole time. Xien, a loyal friend of his father and a renowned future-teller has always has his back. Though, he didn’t quite understand the man’s thinking most of the time, but every time the eunuch’s mouth would open, it was always correct, right and never wrong. And, even after six years, Yun Hao has always been impressed at Xien. Always. May it be in the battlefield or just when they’re working on paperworks.

Though Xien’s identity is a bit mystery to him. All Yun Hao knew was that, Xien came to them when he was just six years old and the man was almost ready to step into adulthood when their eyes met.

Yun Hao is not sure about Xien’s real age though as he never discloses it to anyone before; actually, nobody dared to ask but nonetheless, Xien feels like he’s aging ever so slowly. Yun Hao is not that jealous as he grows manly and manlier through the time; Xien must’ve kept expensive cream and concoction for his face and body that, he stays just as beautiful as the day they have met.

“My Lord, your Chariot awaits.” Said one of the servants and, Yun Hao woke up from thoughts.

Dressed in his black overall underneath a red silk robe, red heeled shoes and a hat with ornaments hanging on both sides of his head, complimenting his tied silky, black hair; he walked out of his grand room and through the hallway where in the end, he finally sees his chariot waiting for him and on the side, was Xien standing wearing a green silk dress, definitely complimenting his long ash blonde hair. He bowed upon seeing him walking down the three-step stairs and he stopped just before he could go inside his carriage.

“Xien,” Yun Hao called and Xien, who lifted up his face to meet his and, has a curious look on his face.

“I want you to find a gift for Ji Ye. I don’t want her to see her pout when we get back from the Forbidden City without nothing on my hands.”

Xien briefly chuckled and covered his mouth with his sleeves then, answered. “As you wish, my lord.”

Then, Yun Hao boarded onto his carriage as well as Xien who sat beside him and off they travelled to where their business was heading to, to the capital city called the Forbidden City; a place where you can meet all sorts of people, from lords, merchants down to slaves and street rats.

Aside from Ji Ye’s present, their main itinerary was to talk to Heechul, a merchant where he mostly sells their goods that he brought with them on their three-day journey and of course, sell them and bid them to him at the price they agreed upon to. Though, Yun Hao has never dealt in this kind of thing before he was suddenly crowned as lord of the land, he could say and so as Xien, he is good at it. He is definitely born with the talent. Of course, since both of his parents are business man and woman.

 

After their long travel, Yun Hao awoken from his sleep with loud chattering and screams; he knew that his chariot is now already inside the Forbidden City. He slips the curtain covering the window of the carriage to see his surroundings but, before he could do so, his vehicle stops suddenly. He looked over at Xien who was now sitting in front of him and he slowly lift up his lips to smile. Yun Hao was about to open his mouth to ask about the sudden stop but the man in front of the 4-wheeled carriage spoke through a screen behind Xien’s head.

“I’m sorry, My lord. It seems we cannot pass by from here on.”

“Shall we, my lord?” Xien spoke and was the first one to climbs off after the door of the carriage opens up and a servant took a stool for them to step onto.

Yun Hao watches Xien as he does so and followed him afterwards. He then took a deep breath as he inhaled the air and the noise inside the capital. Xien smiled at him and then his chariot, consisting of his bodyguards and servants started walking ahead of him, parting the people that goes in their way. Xien followed the line and then him and they walked through the crowded street toward the place where Heechul resides, just about a kilometer away from where they had to stop.

The young lord, looks around and was fascinated yet also not to the place; Fascinated to see many things being sold and bartered all around all the time and, it seems that whenever he pays his visit, the place would likely to have a big change; and yet, he was never fond of the noise and the smell of the place. He finds it unpleasant.

Finally, they stopped at a certain house known to Yun Hao’s eyes. They are now in front of Heechul’s house. His servant then announces their lord’s presence and allowed them inside the second later.

Yun Hao is then greeted by Heechul themselves as soon as they entered the main house of the merchant. With a hug and two tap to the , Heechul graces them with familiar warmth that Yun Hao cannot get angry at the unwanted touch the merchant gives every single time they meet. Actually, he has grown accustomed with it and did not mind it now.

“You’ve come a long way. Let’s head straight to the dine for an early dinner. Then, tomorrow let’s talk about business.” Heechul stated as he rests his arm on Yun Hao’s shoulder in a brotherly manner, even pulling him closer to him from time to time and Yun Hao, once again let him be. “Okay?”

Yun Hao shrugged without answering the merchant back with words and Heechul heartily laughed at him and pointed out at Xien who is walking beside them.

“Such a great friend, isn’t he Xien?” Xien chuckled a little bit louder than he did back at their homeland.

“You’re too stubborn that he can’t even complain about it, my lord.” Xien answered, truthfully with a tiny bit of mockery in his tone. And although, it was supposed to sound rather insulting in Yun Hao’s ears but Xien’s words are too blunt that he didn’t seem to care to put beautiful words in between them. But, as Yun Hao should predict that Heechul should be pissed at his eunuch’s reply, the merchant isn’t. Maybe because he’s already used to Xien’s blunt, unflowery words that he did not seem to bother putting a sour face but another hearty laughter automatically filled the entire hallway.

“I should punch his face for insulting me, right Yun Hao?” Heechul asked jokingly as soon as he let Yun Hao go and turns around to face him while the door of his grand dining room opens up behind his back.

“You should watch out, Heechul. Even I couldn’t mess Xien’s face even if I so badly wanted to do so during our sword fighting.” Yun Hao, hands behind his back, warned as he walks passed Heechul and entered the room first then, took a sit where the servant guided him, at the edge of a long dining table filled with various food.

“It’s funny to think you’re still practicing sword fighting although I know you already mastered almost every skilled movement there is in the world.” Heechul noted as he too, took a sit on the right side of Yun Hao and Xien on the other side.

“It became a hobby of mine.” Yun Hao simply answered then took a bite off a piece of pork on his plate that a servant served him.

“Yeah,” Heechul nodded sarcastically. “You should find a bride so you will have a new hobby to entertain yourself with.”

“If you are selling a grade A slave you have in your filthy store to me,” Yun Hao said and eyed Heechul with a glare. “I’m not buying it.” He continued.

“I’m hurt, Yun Hao.” Heechul acted hurt but Yun Hao can see he was just acting it. He and Heechul knew each other since they were toddlers that’s why his words won’t affect Heechul’s moods that easily.

“Calling my store, filthy.” He pouted. “I’m not very impressed with you right now, Yun.”

“I’m just stating the truth.” Yun Hao replied as he chewed another piece of pork in his mouth. “You should change your business.”

“I’m sorry. I can’t.” Heechul answered, placed his right elbow on top of the table and rest his chin on his knuckle while eyeing his childhood friend.

“Selling Grade A slaves makes up for my expensive vices, you know.” The merchant explained and gave a cheeky smile at Yun Hao. He even winked at him after.

“You’re crazy,” Yun Hao said, “as ever.” He concluded.

And another hearty laugh from the lord of the house filled the four corners of the dining room.

 

The next day, they finally talked about business and no, Yun Hao does not sell slaves but jewelries instead that they made back at their home. But, Heechul does not only sell slaves and jewelries but the merchant sells a lot of things and it varies from furniture, clothes and many more.

Yun Hao didn’t mind that Heechul sell slaves and it was thanks to him it wasn’t hard to look for servants because the merchant is the only source he trusts the most.

They finished their bargaining of goods and Yun Hao and Xien excused themselves to roam around the capital together with a couple of bodyguards and look for gifts to bring home. Although, Heechul insisted he could wrap some for them to take home, Yun Hao insisted to look for it himself since he loves his sister so much he wants to see his only sister happy with what he will get for her.

They have gotten Ji Ye a hanbok that was imported from the land of Korea as the merchant stated and a couple of shoes for his most favored sister. Xien, stayed with him throughout the whole journey without speaking and Yunhao have heard him sigh from time to time. He felt that something has bothered his eunuch.

“Are you alright, Xien?” he asked as they continue to roam around the capital.

“Yes, my lord. Please don’t mind me.” Xien answered but Yun Hao felt something isn’t right through his voice.

“I should not be, Xien. I should not be minding you but I am right now.” Yunhao then faced Xien with a worried look on his face.

“Tell me the truth—“

“It is the truth though, it is exactly not the truth either, my lord.” Xien replied and Yun Hao finally smiled when Xien’s conviction finally come back through his words.

“So, something is bothering you then. What is it?”

“I can’t seem to put it into words yet, my lord.” Xien sighed. Yes. When they started their journey to buy gifts for his young lord’s sister, he started feeling this uneasiness he can’t even comprehend. It was the first time he felt an uneven wave of feelings filling him up from the inside and so, he couldn’t answer his lord’s query even though he, known for being a future-teller, couldn’t even tell what was these feelings are telling him and so, he remained uncertain about his answer.

Yun Hao watches Xien’s confused expression and it was the first time he saw that kind of expression on his eunuch's face and so, he didn’t press into the matter anymore. Though, he patted Xien’s shoulder twice before walking past him and started walking ahead of his eunuch.

He then went back to roam his eyes around and was so into everything around him that it was too late—for his bodyguards to react quickly –for Xien to have seen the future that was sending him signals ever since they have left Heechul’s house and—for Yun Hao to comprehend what had happened as a small, skinny, and has pearlescent white skinned though dirty at the moment, teenager bumped into him, unannounced and unwanted. It was over too late as Yun Hao’s fast reflexes had already caught the boy in his arms; their skins have touched and when the boy’s head lifted up to meet the man he had bumped into; soft, glittery eyes met Yun Hao’s surprised and curious dark ones and in that moment, an invisible red glow surrounds the two; though it was only for a brief moment but, Xien’s senses didn’t miss it as he watches the fated meeting of the two people he never have thought of to be intertwined with fate and red strings.

 

 

“So, this was the meaning of the signals the heavens have given me. Unbelievable.”

 

 

….

 

A/N: I’m not very good at describing things so forgive me. I have so many things I need you guys to forgive me for. lol. As you can see, this is my first Yunjae fic. i have only written eunhae, haehyuk and keo but since I'M SO DEPRIVED WITH YUNJAE FEELS right now, i couldn't stop myself from imagining things and yes, put them into words. XD

I'm a yunjae shipper and TVXQ is the first kpop group that i knew of then, suju and a lot more then, vixx. i believe that they are real b/c not only i'm a delulu, i'm a hardcore fan of (thanks to suju and dangerous love for opening my erted eyes on giving malice on their fanservices and pairings) as well. recently, i began rewatching yunjae vids and jj makes it so hard for me to stop fangirling here.

no matter what happened in the past, since i fell in love with all five members, i will always keep the faith and that is my opinion.

Once again, if this story doesn't make sense to you, it's because i have a twisted brain, my nerves are all tangled up that's why.. 

but i hope you're still interested. next chap will be posted soon. I have already finished writing all four chapters and i just need to edit them before posting them.

i tried to finish it in less than a day since if i leave it for the next day, my story in my head will run away and i could never write the story i imagined in my head anymore so i slept late.

lastly, sorry, again for the long a/n.

 

Please do comment down on this story~~

thank you for reading~!