Situations

Situations

Minkyung always thought life is about taking advance of the situations life itself throws at you so when a stranger sent her a text saying “Hi”, it seems like the person was supposed to send that to someone else but anyways she answered with a Hi and that was how their “friendship started”. Now 3 months into texting the estranger (they never told the other their names or any really personal information) told her that they should meet someday; at first she wasn’t sure but after thinking it over she thought that maybe her good texting friend could become her real life friend.

On a summer day, Minkyung was sitting in a small café really close to her university waiting for the “stranger”. There wasn’t many people on the café, but it was maybe because it was 3:00pm on a monday afternoon. They told each other what the other were wearing so they could recognize each other. Suddenly the jingle on the door sounds indicating someone entered. Minkyung looked up from her phone at the person who was entering the café and her breath got caught in .

Right at the door there was a small and cute girl dressed in the way the stranger told her she was going to go dressed as. The petite girl was looking around until she saw her and instantly smiled and she was even cuter when she was smiling.

“Hi!”- Said the cute stranger siting in from on her. Now that Minkyung looked at her closely she could tell the other girl was really pretty and was a few years younger than her. She has really long brown hair and was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans in contracts to her own off-shoulder red blouse and short skirt. “I’m sorry if I am underdressed, I just go out of class.”

“No, it’s okay; really.” She answered with a smile. “But let start with names. My name is Kim Minkyung and I’m a law major at the Seoul national university.” She said and noticed how the other person’s eyes got really big.

Really? I also study at the Seoul national university, but I’m a music major.” She said and Minkyung couldn’t contain the smile that slowly took over her face. She was really glad that they were university mates, because that mean that they could see each other more often. “My name is Kang Yebin, by the way” And Yebin noticed the face Minkyung made when she heard her name, it was the face everyone made when the found that who she was. “And yes, I’m the main rapper of 98s”.

98s was the most popular girl band right now, they were popular all over the world but they still acted like teenagers, they go to college like every other kid their age. 98s was a band composed by Jung Eunwoo, main vocal and leader (lol), Kang Yebin, main rapper and Zhou Jieqiong, main dancer and face.

Please don’t look at me differently now, I’m the same stranger from the last 3 months” Yebin said with pleading eyes and to Minkyung she looked like a lost and wet puppy, nothing compared to the image everyone has of her, she wasn’t called the nation’s girl crush for nothing.

I’m not gonna do that, to me you’re the same silly stranger from all those months.” Minkyung said and Yebin could be gladder.

They spend the next 4 hours talking and getting to know each other better. Minkyung talked about her major and the things they have to do and at first she thought the other girl was gonna get bored but she was giving her a look that said the other thing; she was really paying attention to what she was saying and that made her feel like she was special and that somehow felt… nice. Yebin also talked about how trashy the music industry was and how hard they made her work, but also about how much she loved what she was doing and how happy it made her. That night they had dinner together and Yebin took Minkyung home.

They continue to meet each other on campus, on their houses (dormitory for Minkyung) or at restaurants and public places. At first Minkyung was worried but Yebin assured her that it didn’t really matter what others think about her life, that she liked to spend time with Minkyung so she was gonna do it all the time. But rumors fly and being in the most popular girl band allowed her everything but privacy and in one of their interviews they asked her about Minkyung.

So Yebin we heard that you’re dating a pretty girl from your university, is that true?” The interviewer asked and Jieqiong and Eunwoo looked at Yebin and stared making weird sounds so Yebin slapped both of them.

Truly, we aren’t dating but she’s a really special person that I met by causality and completely changed my life. Had you listened our new song “situation”? To be honest, I wrote that song about her and I’m glad she’s my friend.” Yebin let her emotions get the best of her and after that words left she remembered a part of the song… “I will love you and the situations that lead me to meet you until the day I die.” and now she knew that minkyung and the whole nation knew she was in love with the pretty girl from her university.

Minkyung was watching the interview and after it ended everyone on social media and even the news were talking about “the girl who stole Yebin’s heart” and even though no one were saying her name she knew it was her. She knew about Yebin’s feelings, Yebin didn’t told her but the small girl were pretty obvious about her affection and her jealously towards her and everyone who got close to her. But to her it was cute, everything about Yebin was cute to her.

It was close to 11pm when someone knocked on Minkyung door, she wasn’t expecting someone so she opened the door really carefully and a really embarrassed Yebin entered her dorm.

Hi” said the petite girl and minkyung only smiled at her. “So, did you watch the interview?” Minkyung nodded and Yebin huffed.

You’re so cute.” Minkyung said pinching Yebin’s cheeks. “I’m glad I’m your friend too” She said smiling knowing that the other girl was gonna pout. And she was right, Yebin was pouting with her best puppy eyes.

You know I don’t want to be just your friend, Minky.” She loved that nickname ever since Yebin started calling her that and because Yebin was sulking it sounded even cuter.

So what do you want to be? I don’t get what…” And the words stopped in because the petite girl were standing on her tip toes and were kissing her. It was a tender kiss but it didn’t lack passion; Minkyung could feel everything Yebin wanted to tell her so she kissed her in the same way so she could tell her what she feels.

That night Yebin spend the time cuddling with Minkyung like they have done many times before but this time she could kiss her and tell her all the things she has always wanted to tell her. Minkyung fell asleep in Yebin’s arms and the later took the opportunity to kiss the other girl in her forehead and take a picture. After considering it for a long time –only 10 minutes but for her it was a long time- she uploaded the picture to her Instagram with the caption “I will always love you and the situations that lead me to meet you, pretty girl from my university❤️”

Not even 3 minutes from her post her phone ringed, it was the group chat with her band mates; they were teasing her and calling her whipped but she didn’t care because she has the girl she loves sleeping in her arms and she won’t trade it for the world.

FIN.

 

Note: I will appreciate if you leave some comments about the fic or if you want me to keep posting fics. I intend on posting more fics about other pairings such as YebinxEunwoo, Sungyewon, SiyeonXKyungwon and more so leave a comment if you want :)