02: Heart Fluttering

Too Beautiful To Handle [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hmm, this tastes so good!”

Chaeyoung exclaims as she places a spoonful of ice cream in . Jungkook laughs at this as he watches his best friend getting excited over ice cream as usual. It seems like she’s more excited to eat ice cream than him after all. She playfully glares at him as she continues to eat her ice cream, literally shoving the spoonful of ice cream into now.

“Hey slow down!” Jungkook points out, “this ain’t no contest!” He then laughs as he grabs a napkin and tries to wipes her messy mouth. She then grabs the napkin herself and wipes .

“There, happy?” Chaeyoung thinly replies as she forcefully shoves a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth to shut him up. And it worked as he sat there, trying to digest the enormous amount of ice cream he had just eaten.

“Wow, it is good!” He compliments after finally having a taste of her ice cream

“See, I told you!” They both laugh as they continue eating ice cream, not caring if the other customers were looking at them as if they were a bunch of crazy adolescents.

The ice cream shop has been their usual hang out spot after school. Not only is it close to their school but they also serve the most delicious chocolate ice cream in the town, according to Jungkook and Chaeyoung at least, who eats at least servings each every time they go there. This place is where they can just hang out and talk to each other. It’s the ultimate chill spot.

“Where is it?” Chaeyoung blurts out as she was trying to look for something in her backpack.

“Are you looking for something?” Jungkook asks as he leans over the table to take a closer look at her backpack.

“Yeah my math textbook, I won’t be able to do my homework if I don’t have it.” She replies, her focus still on trying to look for her textbook.

“Chaeng, it’s just the first day of school why would you have homework?” Jungkook curiously asks.

“Uh, because unlike some dude out there, I’ve been given an advanced math class this year.” She proudly states, while also trying to best friend with the fact that she was given an advanced class due to passing her math test last year with flying colors while Jungkook didn’t.

“At least I wasn’t a teacher’s pet.” He retorted.

“You’re so mean!” Chaeyoung complained, pouting.

“Well, you started it!”

“No, I didn’t!”

“Yes, you did!”

Chaeyoung sighs as she kept shut knowing that if she continued the endless bickering with her childish best friend, she won’t accomplish anything out of it. Jungkook realizes this and jumps up from his seat out of excitement and pure joy. She looks at him weirdly for a second before laughing as she tries to calm him down because a lot of people are already looking at them.

“So did you leave it somewhere?” Jungkook asks, trying to bring the topic back to her lost math textbook.

“Not that I’m aware of, I always put it in my backpack after every class,” Chaeyoung states, her face full of concern and worry after remembering,

“Hey don’t worry,” Jungkook smiles reassuringly, “I’ll let you borrow mine although it’s probably different from yours.”

She shakes her head, refusing the offer as she looks at him, “Nah, I wouldn’t want you failing because of me.”

“Oh, when did you start caring about my grades?” Jungkook raised his eyebrows in amusement and chortled.

“Uh, ever since we became best friends?” Chaeyoung stated matter-of-factly, rolling her eyes.

“It doesn’t show though.” He teased.

“Shut up, I still need to find my textbook.” She snapped.

“I mean you can go to the local library, they have a lot of spare textbooks but I bet they’re closed,” Jungook informs as he leans back in his chair, rocking it back and forth. And as if a light bulb has appeared on the top of her head, she was suddenly reminded of the fact that they do have a library in their town.

“It doesn’t hurt to try right?” Chaeyoung grins, trying to find some reassurance from his best friend as she stands up from her seat and grabs her backpack.

“Hey, where are you going?”

“I’m going to the library, Captain Obvious.” She sarcastically replies.

“But I just told you that it’s closed!”

“And I just told you that it wouldn’t hurt to try!”

Jungkook then stands up from his seat in an attempt to join her, “Wait, let me join you at least!”

“No, you’re grounded remember?” Chaeyoung reminds him, “You need to be home by 7:00”, she then glances at her wristwatch, “And it’s 6:00 now.”

He then suddenly remembers the fact that his parents put on a curfew on him after accidentally forgetting to tell them that he’s going to hang out at his friend Jimin’s house over the summer. Well, he claims that it’s an accident but not even Chaeyoung is buying it. He groans in disappointment as he lowers his head down, knowing that he really ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter