01: Our Story Begins

Too Beautiful To Handle [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The start of Jeon Jungkook and Park Chaeyoung’s friendship was as normal as the start of any friendship. They became next-door neighbors when Chaeyoung’s family moved to the empty house right next to Jungkook’s. And it turned out that her family was actually coming back home from Australia after years of living there so that their daughter could get accustomed to the Korean culture.

And so the clueless and innocent 5-year old Jungkook was suddenly put to task by his parents to befriend Chaeyoung just so that she won’t feel lonely and sad in a whole new environment. Sounds kind of ridiculous, right? I mean what can a 5-year-old do in this situation? But surprisingly, everything worked out just fine which is why their friendship is still going strong to this day.

Slowly and surely, they became the closest of friends. They would have countless sleepovers at each other’s house. They would often hang out and play at the neighborhood playground. And just like what typical best friends do, they would tease each other. They have become practically inseparable.

Everything was good, everything was alright. They went to the same school together, hung out with the same group of friends, and even joined the same clubs. That’s basically how inseparable they were. Which is why it wasn’t a surprise to anyone that their friendship is still going strong after all this time. It also helps that they still live next to each other.

And 13 years later, they are going to be entering their last year of high school, both looking forward on passing high school with flying colors and move on to the next stage of life which is college. And of course, they plan to attend the same university and even take the same course. But for now, their focus is on finishing high school. It has been an emotional roller coaster of them for the past three years but nonetheless, high school will still leave a huge imprint on their lives as they look back.

 

Ring. Ring. Ring

The vociferous sound of the alarm clock resonates throughout the whole room and Jungkook frustratingly groans as he tosses and turns on his bed, not wanting to wake up just yet. The sound seemingly getting louder every time it rings. Half-asleep, he attempts at snoozing the alarm clock that just interrupted his much-needed sleep. After a few minutes, he gives up and sits up from his bed, ruffling his messy auburn hair. He glances at the alarm clock while rubbing his eyes.

7:00 AM.

He plops himself back down on the bed, wondering if he could somehow sneak in five more minutes of sleep after pulling a ridiculous all-nighter right before his first day of school. And as if on cue, his phone is suddenly bombarded by notifications in rapid succession. He picks up his phone and immediately smirks after finding out who’s bombarding him with texts this early.

It’s his next-door neighbor and best friend, Chaeyoung.

“Kookie, what should I wear for school?”

“Should I wear that new outfit we bought together during the summer?”

“Yah, why are you not replying? School starts in an hour!”

“I swear if I go to your house only to find out that you’re sleeping, I won’t treat you to that new ice cream place!”

“JEON JUNGKOOK!”

Jungkook sighs. That girl can be really demanding sometimes.

“I’ll be at your house in 30 minutes.” He shortly replies before getting himself prepared for his first day of school.

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Jungkook sighs, currently standing at the doorsteps of his best friend’s house (which is like just a few steps away from his) as he (im)patiently waits for Chaeyoung to come out. She’s the one rushing me to get ready, yet she’s late? Impatient, he pulls out his phone from his pocket and decides to text her,

“Hey Chaeng, where u at? I’m at your house!”

But it mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter