Confrontation

Teacher Troubles

"Miss Z?" The most annoying voice in the world called. It sounded like honey but was filled with contempt. "Are you leaving already?"

Z slowed her pace to a stop while she mentally prepared herself. She plastered  on her best smile and turned to face her enemy. 

"Hello, Miss Park. Yes, I have some things to attend to regarding the fundraiser off campus. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yes. The fundraiser is exactly what I wanted to discuss." She paused to smile sweetly. Z wanted to slap it right off her face. "I was thinking that it might be too much work for you. What with all your other non-school related commitments and all. I'd be happy to take over to make your life easier."

Z returned her fake smile. "I appreciate your offer and concern but I have everything under control."

"Well if you're sure you're sure." Miss Park sounded skeptical.

Z wondered how Miss Park was going to use this against her.

"I'm sure. Thank you." She bowed briefly before turning quickly away and running straight into a brick wall.

Well, what felt like a brick wall.

She looked up and locked eyes with V. Disguised with only a hat and mask, it was impossible not to tell it was him. He should know there's no way to actually disguise his raw beauty.

"Excuse me, I'm so sorry!" He said and bowed politely, not showing he knew her. "Are you alright?"

Z gave him a look that screamed *What the hell are you doing??*

"I'm fine. I'm sorry for running into you." She said as sincerely as possible and gave a bow.

"Omo! Are you V from BTS?!" Miss Park came out of a stupor.

"Ah, yes. Hello." he bowed graciously. "I'm looking for a Miss Z? She sent a request to BigHit for BTS gear for a school fundraiser. I came to discuss the request with her."

Z hung her head slightly and squinted up at him. *Really? That's the best you could come up with?*

V glanced at her and gave the tiniest sly smile.

"You. V from BTS. Came here. Directly. To discuss a school's fundraiser. Instead of sending a manager or representative?" Miss Park was flabbergasted and clearly not buying it. 

"Yes. I have a special place in my heart for charity work. CEO Bang allows us to directly follow our passions outside of music on occasion. After a bit of research, I noticed how dedicated, intelligent, and caring Miss Z was. So naturally I had to come in person." 

"Dedicated, intelligent, and caring?" The teacher replied, not entirely concealing her disbelief. "Miss Z? How would you tell that?"

V noticed Z's eyes flash with fury at the skepticism in Miss Park's voice but she stayed facing him.

"Absolutely! Dedicated to be working so hard when she moved here from America, intelligent because of her education, and caring to put together a school fundraiser to benefit her students. As a trainee student, I've had more than my share of uncaring, rumor spreading, lazy teachers. Hearing about someone so wonderful just brightened my day."

Z could almost see each verbal dagger whizzing past her head straight to the math teacher's heart. His tone was polite but laced with poison.

"I see." Miss Park cleared . "Well she is standing right in front of you."

"Oh my goodness!" V pretended to sound surprised. "I'm so sorry." He bowed apologetically to Z. He turned to Miss Park and bowed slightly. "Thank you so much for your help!" 

"I'll be going now..." the math teacher backed away a bit shamefully while bowing and then headed toward the building.

V watched her leave over Z's head. He gave one final little wave when the teacher looked back before going into the building.

"Dedicated, intelligent, and caring?" Z's voice dripped with sarcasm.

"My research didn't say anything about how attractive Miss Z would be!" He grinned.

"You realize you're actually going to have to donate to my fundraiser now."

"Of course! I'm hurt you didn't bring it up sooner."

"I didn't want to take advantage of our relationship."

"Z. You can take advantage of me in any way you want." He winked. 

Z rolled her eyes.

"But seriously. I'm always willing to help. Don't be scared to ask. Okay?" His eyes were filled with sincerity.

"Okay, I got it." She smiled. V smiled back and then watched the realization creep across her face. "Wait a minute. Why are you here anyway? And how did you appear so suddenly?"

V turned away and coughed. He looked at his watch. "Oh boy. Time to go already?" He started toward the parking lot.

"V." Z warned. 

He stopped in his tracks. She marched up behind him. Once she was close, V turned and gave her his best puppy dog eyes. 

"Surely you wouldn't want to have this conversation right outside the door of your school."

Z opened to protest but realized he was right. 

"Fine. But you're coming home with me. I presume Jimin dropped you off again?" She said with eyebrow raised.

Now it was V's turn to be open mouthed and at a loss for words.

Z closed his mouth with the tip of a finger. "Thought so. C'mon Mr. Kim Taehyung. We have much to discuss."

V audibly gulped as Z walked past him. He turned to follow sheepishly.

.:~*~:.

V had managed to avoid questioning in the car but now Z had him cornered in the kitchen.

"So. Answers?"

V shifted anxiously. 

"I may or may not have been spying a little bit? Because I wanted to know who was harassing you?" He offered and tried to look apologetic. 

"V! I told you I'd handle it! You can't risk harming your reputation."

"I know, I know." He hung his head. After a moment, he looked up through his bangs at her. "But I really wanted to know." He stood up straight. "I hate not being able to help." He slouched again and pouted, looking off to the side. 

"I can't believe you didn't trust me!" She threw her arms in the air. V flinched.

"I'm sorry..."

"It was completely reckless and stupid and childish and one of the hottest things I've ever seen."

"I know, I know. I'm sor- what?"

In an instant, Z closed the gap between them and grabbed his head to pull him into a kiss. 

V was completely taken off guard with eyes wide open. It took him a second to realize she was kissing him. He tentatively wrapped his arms around her waist.

Z broke their kiss and stared him straight in the eye. "But seriously. Don't ever do anything like that again. Got it?"

"Got it." V nodded as she brought their lips together again.

...and broke apart again.

"But mm. Seeing you diss her so subtlely. With these perfect lips." She glanced to them. "Amazing." 

Another kiss.

Another break. 

"But never again." She scolded.

"Z?"

"Hmm?"

"Stop talking."

"Got it." The words were barely out of before his lips covered hers.