The First Letter

I Love You So Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Tzuyu,

I have arrived in Bali. We arrived last night, but I was too exhausted to write a letter, so only now I can write you. My computer is not yet unpacked, and our internet connection will not be installed until next week. So for the time being, I hope this letter is enough for you.

Bali is amazing!! Hot, but still amazing! I have never been to a place like this before. I don’t know about the rest of Indonesia yet, but Dad had promised me he will take me around Indonesia when we are settled. And when I’m in holiday of course. For now, there is this beautiful island I had to learn first. No wonder people called Bali as the Paradise Island. It really is a paradise. I love our hometown, of course. Seoul is much more… sophisticated and modern and neat, but the difference between both places is what makes Bali more beautiful. The cultural atmosphere is very strong here. You can see people wear their traditional clothes on daily basis, there are ritual offerings all over the street, and I mean all over the street! It’s in front of every house, every building, on top of their vehicles, on every statues and big trees. It’s really amazing! I can’t wait to finally get to explore this whole island.

We live in a district called Ubud. This is actually the art and culture center of Bali, far from the beaches and the city light. It’s very quiet here at night, not a lot of people are around but foreign tourists who likes the silence and calmness this town offers usually come here to stay. It's slightly cooler from the downtown, because it's a bit far from the sea and more to the hills area of Bali…

 

 

 

 

“Blah blah blah..” Mark saw Tzuyu tossed the letter to her side, not even reading it until the end. He quickly got up from where he was sitting, in front of his computer desk on his favorite cozy red chair, to take the baby blue colored paper. He sat beside Tzuyu who was sprawled across his bed, not even caring about the letter as she started playing with her brand new cellphone her father gave her this morning. “It’s boring. Jackson got so boooooo~ring!”

Mark chuckled at his friend’s attitude. Tzuyu was the typical spoiled 12 year old girl that thinks of nothing but how she looks and how boys will look at her. It’s not a bad thing really, because besides that two irritating fact about her, she is a nice Daddy’s girl who get everything she wanted just because her dad feels guilty that her daughter is growing up without a mother. Tzuyu’s mother died when she was still 3 years old, due to a complication she had after giving birth to Tzuyu’s baby brother, who died 2 weeks after their mother’s because he was too weak. It was a terrible grieve for her father and her, also for Tzuyu’s mother two best friend who lived in the same apartment building as she is: Mei—Mark’s mother, and Sophia—Jackson’s mother. Since then, Tzuyu was always taken care by Mei and Sophia, who took her as their own daughter since the both of them only had sons in their family. While being a spoiled girl she is, Tzuyu cared about her new family a lot. She loves Mark’s and Jackson’s parents dearly, and she grew especially close to Mark because he and Tzuyu had a mutual attraction in music; Tzuyu on singing and Mark on composing. They also love to dance. Jackson was more of a singer slash rapper, but his mother’s influence was just too strong and it made Jackson liked painting more than anything. Besides, Mark knows Tzuyu always befriend someone based on their looks first, so that might be the main reason why Tzuyu was closer to him more than Jackson, aside from music and dancing. Jackson was a bit on the heavy side, Mark must admit. But Mark can’t not admit that even with his heavy weight and chubby cheeks, the younger male was so handsome and attractive. He had a husky but fresh voice, which is followed by a cheerful attitude and speaking tone. His laugh is contagious, that every time he laughs showing straight line of white teeth, everyone would laugh with him. He had a perfect sculpture of a face, the shape of lips that Mark was envy of. But on top of it all, nobody could defy the charm of Jackson’s eyes. It can make anyone forget their name, where they are, what they were supposed to do, just by looking into those dark brown eyes. But Tzuyu never saw that in him. Even though Jackson loved her to death, and shared his little secret to Mark that he will marry no other girl but Tzuyu when they grew up, Tzuyu just can’t get to like him that way.

"Tzuyu, you can’t say that. He is just telling you about his new home there,” Mark said to his best friend, shoving the letter back under her nose so she can read it again, but Tzuyu just shook her head and moved to her side, facing away from Mark.

“I don’t need to know about his new home, I don’t need to know anything about him,” she didn’t even looked at Mark when she said that, still engrossed in texting whoever was on the phone with her.

Mark shook his head in defeat. While chuckling, he decide to read the continuation of the letter that Tzuyu stopped reading out loud. Mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter