Four

Love, Lies and Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hotel doorman greeted Jieqiong as she walked in. She passed him a card and gave him a polite smile. The doorman then accompanied her to the door of hotel restaurant before leaving her to be escorted by the maître d to a private and exclusive area of the restaurant. Another host took off her jacket and put it on the backrest of the chair. She sat down and immediately order meals for two even though the person she supposed to meet had not come yet. She waited patiently as she actually arrived almost 15 minutes early than the promised time.

The same doorman accompanied a woman who was wearing a sunglasses with long khaki coat to her table. The meals she ordered came out as soon the woman sat down. They both kept silent until the waiters gone. Jieqiong broke the silence between them after the woman in front of her too off her glasses.

 “I took the liberty to order before you came. It just a simple meal though. Hope you don’t mind, Sungyeon.”

“Sure, no problem. Your taste bud is better than mine anyway.” They both ate their meals basking in silence.

“How’s life?” Sungyeon asked.

“Same old same old. How about you?”

“She’s treating me okay if that’s what you want to know.” Jieqiong quirked a brow to the response. They continue eating while exchanging question that did not really matter. They knew each other long enough to know that both of them already know the answer to the questions that were only meant to pass the time before they get into more important issue.

“Did you find it?” Jieqiong jumped straight into the real reason she met with the woman in front of her. She needed something and Sungyeon was the best person to do it. For the right price of course.

“I did.” Sungyeon took a brown folder out of her bag and put it on the table, sliding it forward to Jieqiong.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” She put a pressure on the folder, holding it firmly before Jieqiong could take it.

"Yes.” The seriousness could be heard from Jieqiong tone. She was sure about anything that related to the love of her life.

“It’s pretty hard to get this and I don’t think it will be very helpful. Not in the way you want it to be. But everything is in there.” Jieqiong could not read the expression Sungyeon was wearing.

 “Okay. I’ll contact you after I read it.”

“It dangerous, Jieqiong. It really is. You won’t like what you will find. You will probably find yourself in the crossroad later.”

“Wait, is there something you are not telling me?”

“There is. I can’t tell you right now because I’m not sure about it. You know I only give facts right.”

“Right. And you just give me more reason to do it.” She made up her mind. She did not care if she would not like whatever she will discover. She just need the truth to protect the girl she loved. Nayoung was not going to stop from getting the truth and she made a vow that she would help although she did not tell Nayoung about it. Nayoung would stop her from getting involve.

“Suit yourself then but promise me something.”

“What?”

“Be careful.”

“Don’t worry about me.” Jieqiong rose from her seat and took her jacket. She put a few bills on the table. “No one can touch me.”

“I seriously doubt that.” Sungyeon whispered slowly as she watched Jieqiong walked out until she disappeared from her sight.

 

---

 

When she opened the door, she was welcome by a really tig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter