Three

Love, Lies and Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nayoung."

"Chief Kim."

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to report to this division. I asked for transfer."

"You asked for the transfer to this division? Why? You're an excellent profiler. You don't belong here. You deserve to be in elite squad." Roa did not bother to mask her expression of shock. She wonder why an excellent officer who was wanted by every division would want to transfer to a Cold Case Division. It's basically a suicide for her career. Everyone knows whoever transferred to this division will suffer from large career setback. It basically impossible to get promoted and progress.

"You know the reason, Chief. I need to find answer. I need to open that case back."

The awkward silence suddenly fill the air. Meeting each twice in a week made them realise how far down in their memory they had buried their teenager years. The wound that begun to fade now bleed again. It was hurting them in so many ways. 

"You do know it's hard to open a cold case back, right? Especially when there not a lot of evidences to begin with. Do you have any new evidence that could contribute to it?" As much she wanted to help Nayoung, Roa knew she need to be objective. She knew exactly what Nayoung wanted but it was not that easy.

"I know it's hard but please give me a chance. Just one." Roa's heart was hurting when she saw Nayoung pleading her. 

"You could try that with any other division. Why here? You're going to kill your career."

"The answer is far more important than my career. If I could do that at my old squad, I would have. What about you? You're a great police yourself. Why are you here?" 

"Its different for me." Roa pause for a while before she continue. "I don't want you to get hurt again, Nayoung. It could open a healed wound."

"The wound was never healed, Minky."

---

Flashback

Minkyung was lying on the mattress under a big umbrella avoiding the bright sun. A big beach hat was covering her face. She can hear the noises from the Kims and the Ims but she cannot be bothered to look at them. Her sister Yewon was begging her parents for weeks to come to the beach and they finally decided to come during her lazy day. She would stay at home watching tv or just sleep but her father was a family man. No one can stay behind. Especially when he manage to convince the busy Ims to join them. He would practically carry her out if she refuse. So, here she was lazing at the beach. 

"Minkyung unnie! Come here." Kim Yewon shout out her name. Minkyung chose to ignore it. Suddenly, she heard what sounded like a few people giggling and stepfoots coming closer. Then, she felt her body was lifted and she was hanging in the air by a few set of hands. Her eyes were immediately opened wide. Yewon, Nayoung and Jin-ah surrounded her and they were dragging her somewhere. 

"Yahhhhhh! Put me down!" She screamed and tried to get away from them. They just laughed at her. Nayoung looked especially ecstatic doing that. 

"Eomma! Appa! Help me!" Instead of helping her, they laugh at her misery. The three culprits stop abruptly and suddenly they swing her a few times before she felt her body was launched into air and fly before she dropped in water. The salt water filled and lungs as she submerged into the sea. She launched herself up and threw up the foreign

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter