part 2

fated to love you

"Just when I thought that nothing you do can surprise me anymore, you just have to come up with something, don't you?"

Sowon rolled her eyes as she leaned her head against the palm of her left hand. She sighed as she stared at the painting on the ceiling of the room, wondering why she was even telling anyone about that night on the cruise ship.

After hurting her hand from continuously banging against the door, she realized that she had the card key in her back pocket. After finally entering back into her room, the girl in the room started throwing things at her, which led to a black eye she had to carry with her for the rest of the failed trip.

"I'm glad that you're finding this funny, Yerin."

Yerin laughed as she sat across the table from her friend. "But Sowon, I never expected you to have a one night stand with a random girl that you don't even know. That's really something I never expected a CEO you like you would do." She continued to friend as she stirred her coffee. "Do you even know the girl's name?"

"Eunha." Sowon said as she remembered the name from answering the girl's phone when she wasn't fully awake yet.

After finally calming the girl down and showing the girl the number on the room door, the girl blushed with embarrassment since she was the one in the wrong room. Awkward silence filled the room as the two girls did not know what to do next. It was obvious that the two girls definitely slept together last night, and since they were both when they woke up, it was also pretty obvious what happened during the night.

"So, are you going to see her again?"

Sowon choked on the tea she was drinking and started coughing as she reached across the table for a napkin.

"Why would I want to see her again?! That aggressive girl, I didn't know how hard she had scratched me when we..." She stopped in mid-sentence when she noticed the smirk forming on Yerin's face and pointed a finger at the girl accusingly.

"And this is your fault! If you hadn't made me go on that cruise ship, this wouldn't have happened."

"Fine, you can blame it on me if it'll make you feel better, but from the way you were telling me that you didn't feel the scratches during your fling, I'm guessing that you were enjoying it too much to care." She clapped her hands as she watched a flush of pink appeared on Sowon's face. "I knew it. You did enjoy it, didn't you? Come on, Sowon, it's just the two of us right now, you don't have to be embarrassed." She continued to coax the girl to agree with her.

"I'll see you at tonight's charity dinner." Sowon completely ignored Yerin's question as she threw a couple of bills on the table to pay for the meal.

---

Sowon.

Eunha frowned as the name of the particular girl appeared in her mind for the 6th time already. She had been trying to forget the girl and whatever had happened between them that night, but every time she reminded herself to forget, she felt her body fumed up with anger.

Just forget about her, you'll never see her again...

"Aish, that girl, only leaving money for her share when she knows I don't have my purse with me right now."

Eunha crossed her arm as she watched the customer in front of her search through every pocket of her outfit.

"What kind of person comes to eat without bring money?" She mumbled to herself, not expecting the customer in front of her to hear.

"Sorry, I came to eat with a friend and she only left enough money to pay her lunch set." The blonde girl laughed sheepishly as she scratched her head. "Is there any other way I can pay you? How about I leave you my watch while I go to an ATM to get some money?" She reached for the clasp of her watch and opened it. "I promise I'll be back."

"Wait!" Eunha yelled at the girl, but she had already ran out the door of the cafe. She closed her eyes and slowly counted to ten, trying to subdue the anger forming inside her. Eunha sighed as she began to lose hope that the girl would come back, she could pretend that she was never at the cashier and hoped that the manager wouldn't notice the shortage in cash in today's earnings.

"I'm back."

Eunha looked up at the girl as she watched her breathed in and out, trying to catch her breath. "Sorry for making you wait." She nodded at the girl's apology as she accepted the money from the girl's hand. "Here's your change." She handed back the change and returned the watch back to the girl. "I hope you come again soon." Eunha put on a smile as she repeated the required line to the leaving customer.

"Since you're so nice to me today, I'll give you a special invite to tonight's charity dinner at the Kim Corporation Hotel." The blonde girl reached into her pocket for her business card and flipped it to the back side as she began writing her contact information down. "There's a famous chef coming to make the main course." She added in to convince the girl when she noticed the hesitation in the girl's eyes. "And everything is free."

The girl smiled as she watched her final comment work on Eunha.

Who would refuse anything that's free? Especially if it’s free food.

"The dinner starts at eight at the main branch. Just hand the card to one of the workers and they'll bring you to me." The blonde girl handed her business card to Eunha and watched as the girl gave a little hesitant nod. "I'll see you tonight then. Remember. Free food, so you don't have to pay for anything." She reminded again as she walked out the door.

Hmm... free food...?

Eunha looked down at the card in her hand.

Jung Yerin. Public Relations.

She tucked the card carefully into her back pocket as a new customer came up to the cashier with the bill.

Since there's nothing at home to eat anyways and I don't want to try to cook something…

She ringed up the amount on the bill and waited for the customer to rummage through her purse for cash.

I guess I can go and enjoy myself since the night on the cruise...

Eunha instantly frowned at the memory of the night on the cruise ship and Sowon. She thought she'll be through with the girl when she returned back to her own room, only to find bite marks on her body. She had to spend the rest of the trip, wearing a scarf since most of the marks were around her neck.

Well, at least I gave her a black eye.

She smiled as she remembered the girl walking around with sunglasses on.

And if I ever see her again, I'll make to give her another one if she comes anywhere near me.

---

Where is that Jung Yerin?! I thought I told her to come early this time.

Sowon looked around the ballroom of the hotel, already completely filled with guests. She forced a smile when a person greeted at her, acting out her role of CEO of the hotel. Sowon never liked these charity dinners, where people just donate money to prove how wealthy they were, which was why she needed Yerin by her side to fend off people she didn't want want to socialize with.

"Ah, Sowon. I haven't seen you for a long time."

Sowon sighed as she turned around to face the person she least wanted to see. "Jihyo. How are you?" She asked half-heartedly as the girl smirked at her.

Jihyo, daughter of the second hotel tycoon of Korea, since Sowon's father was the first hotel tycoon of Korea, was a complete brat. She and Sowon had been enemies ever since the first day they met and a friendship was definitely not forming any time soon.

"No date tonight? Again?"

The two girls were always competing with each other with everything. And Sowon wasn't going to admit defeat for not having a date when she saw a new girl walked over to Jihyo's side and held onto her hand.

"Of course I have a date. She's just not her yet." She lied.

"Really? When she arrives, I hope you'll introduce her to me." Jihyo smiled kindly at Sowon, before adding a stinging remark. "That is, if you really have one."

---

"Wow," Eunha looked around the ballroom, completely in awe at the glamourous decorations and food. Her feet began moving on its own, bringing her closer and closer to the table off to the side of the room.

"Excuse me, Miss..."

Eunha stopped herself from picking up a plate when a waiter looked at her suspiciously. "I..."

"She's my guest."

Eunha smiled in relief as Yerin appeared from the crowd of people. She smiled politely at the waiter when the man bowed to her in acknowledgement before leaving.

Now...time for the food...

She looked at the various dishes on the table hungrily, but as she was was about to finally reach for a plate, she stopped when Yerin smiled hopefully at her. "Yes?"

"I was wondering if you can help me out with a little favor..." Yerin put on her best smile for the girl. "I don't want to put any pressure on you. You don't have to do it, if you don't want to." She quickly added when she noticed the flicker of surprise in the girl's eyes. "It's just that my boss needs a date tonight. And you seem like a nice girl, so I was wondering if you're willing to play the role just for the dinner." Yerin explained after receiving a nod from the girl. "It's nothing big and you don't have to do anything."

Eunha sighed as she nodded to the request. Since the girl did invite her to the charity dinner, the least she could do was help her out with a little role playing. She followed Yerin as the girl led the way to a small group talking in the center of the ballroom.

Must be a heated discussion...

Eunha concluded from the tense atmosphere surrounding two of the girls in particular.

"Sowon."

Eunha eyes widen as one of the girls turned around. Sowon.

"You..." She pointed her finger at the tall girl as her mind processed the situation.

"So, is this your date?" Jihyo asked as she checked the new girl out.

Before either Eunha or Sowon could make a response to the question, Yerin quickly jumped in to the conversation. "Of course she is." She smiled politely at Jihyo. "This is..." Yerin was about to introduce the girl to the group when she suddenly realize that she didn't even know the girl's name.

"Eunha."

"Yes, Eunha." Yerin quickly repeated the name Sowon mumbled quietly, wondering how did Sowon know the girl's name. Then she suddenly realized why the name sounded so familiar. "Wait, Eunha?!" She asked in surprise, looking back and forth between Sowon and Eunha.

"Nice to meet you, Eunha." Jihyo stuck out her hand, waiting for the girl to follow her action.

Eunha threw a glare at Sowon before she reluctantly shook the other girl's hand and entered her role as the date of Yerin's boss. Sowon. The girl she had somehow slept with.

"Nice to meet you, too. I'm sorry, but I don't know your name, since Sowon never introduce you." She made sure to hiss out Sowon's name.

"Jihyo," Jihyo introduced herself. "Well, since your date is here, Sowon, I'm sure you'll want to spend more time with her, so I'll leave you two alone." She nodded politely before walking off with her date close by her side.

After allowing an adequate amount of time for Jihyo to disappear from hearing distance, Sowon turned her head to Eunha and Yerin.

"What is she doing here?!"

"If I had known you'll be here, I wouldn't have agreed to be your date or even come to this charity dinner." Eunha lashed back. She held her glare with the other girl as Yerin tried to calm both girls down.

"I'm sure you're hungry now, right, Eunha? Why don't you get some food?" Yerin suggested as she restrained the two girls from causing too much of a scene. She sighed in relief as Eunha listened to her suggestion and walked off. That is, only after throwing another glare at Sowon before leaving.

"Jung Yerin."

Yerin flinched as she noticed the tone of Sowon's voice. "I didn't know." She quickly lifted her to protect herself when Sowon suddenly stepped forward. "It would be bad publicity if you hit me at the charity dinner, right?" She nodded her head up and down to add more emphasis to the response she was aiming towards. Yerin let out a sigh of relief when Sowon released her clenched fist.

"Well, you're not helping with the publicity by standing next to me and doing nothing. Go make yourself useful and socialize.”

"Fine, I'll be socializing by the buffet table if you need me." Yerin smiled in triumph as she skipped towards the buffet table.

---

Eunha crossed her arm as she looked around the empty pool room, waiting for the person who wanted to see her to show up. She had no idea who it was, but guessing from the fact that she only knew Sowon and Yerin, it was probably one of them. Slowly moving her feet towards the edge of the pool, she looked over the edge at the clear water.

Just as she was about to turn around, she felt a sudden pressure on her back and plunged into the water.

---

Jihyo?

Sowon eyed the girl suspiciously as she snuck out the ballroom.

Where is she going?

Without a moment of hesitation, Sowon excused herself from the group of people she was talking and quickly followed after the girl. She made sure to keep a distance between her and the other girl, just in case Jihyo suddenly decided to turn around for no reason. Quickly hiding a column when Jihyo suddenly stopped, Sowon peaked out her head and watched as the girl entered the pool room.

Sowon was about to head back to the ballroom since there was no point in following the other girl into the pool room, but stopped when she heard a sudden scream and a loud splash. Understanding that having someone drowning in her hotel was definitely bad publicity and Yerin was going to yell at her if she didn't try to save the person, Sowon ran towards the pool room and pushed the door open.

Seeing someone struggling in the water, Sowon jumped into the pool, not caring that the person might be her worst enemy. She quickly kicked her legs and pushed her body towards the bottom of the pool. Reaching the unconscious person, Sowon held onto the girl's arm as she swam upward. Breathing deeply as she dragged the person out of the pool and onto the floor, her eyes widen in surprise when she noticed the person she saved.

Eunha?!

Sowon panic since the girl hasn't move since she was dragged out of the water and quickly tilted the girl's head upward as she performed CPR. Applying pressure onto the girl's chest, she pushed downward a couple of times before placing back onto the girl's lips. Eunha's eyes began to flutter after some time and Sowon finally began to calm down as the girl coughed out water.

"Thank you." Eunha managed to say as she breathe in and out, trying to catch her breath.

Sowon simply nodded back, too exhausted to speak. The two girls sat on the ground silently, breathing in and out, and Sowon couldn't help but stare as she watched Eunha's chest move up and down in steady rhythm. Forcing her eyes away, she moved her hand forward and slowly fixed the Eunha's bangs that was completely pressed against the girl's forehead.

Eunha was caught off guard by the tenderness in Sowon's action and allowed the girl to move her hand downward to wipe away the droplets of water forming along her jawline, blushing when her eyes met with the other girl's. Staring at the other girl's eyes, she felt herself fall deeper into the pair of light brown orbs.

And Eunha had no idea what happened next except Sowon's lips were pressed tightly against her own and her hands were now resting on the other girl's waist.

---

 

here's the part 2~ next update will be the last part. thank you for the comments!