The Bug Dance

B U G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Hey, you did mistake again, the same part."

 

Unintentionally, I gulped, before finding my voice.

 

"I'm sorry Ha Don hyung. I'll take note. Can we do it again?" I looked at each of them in the face, well, except for Sung Wook hyung. What I saw the other day still scared me. I wonder if hearing too many of that word on the same day had caused me to hallucinate and saw things I shouldn't. Things that didn't exist.

 

He couldn't possibly be a real bug. But why did I see....nevermind.

 

"Yong Jinnie...helloo...are you still here?"

 

"Oh...yes, Chan Yul hyung. Let's do it one more time."

 

"No, I think let's take a twenty minutes rest to freshen up. We haven't had a rest since the last two hours. I'm going to faint if we keep going on without a little break." As usual, Gyu Min hyung casually used himself for excuse when he probably just noticed how I kept making mistakes. I've seen his tired look, and he didn't seem like it right now. Thank you hyung, and I'm sorry.

 

And with that, everyone else dispersed, and exited the practice room, except for Gyu Min hyung who went to take his backpack lying on the floor at the back of the room. 

 

Eversince I saw Sung Wook hyung's head changing into a bug's head for that split second, I found it hard to concentrate on practices. I feel horrible that I kept messing up in our practice session. What's wrong with me, really? How could I see such thing? It didn't make sense. And Sung Wook hyung being right in front of me most time in our choreography, didn't help. I kept feeling like his head would turn into a bug's head again. Although I know it had to be just my wild imagination. Really wild.

 

"Water?"

 

I looked up. Ah, Gyu Min hyung is still in the room. Of course, where was I again?

 

He had a questioning look on his face, and he still had one hand holding a water bottle shoved towards me, and I just realized I hadn't answer him. I quickly shook my head and smiled awkwardly, I guess.

 

"You have any problem? You know...at home or anything serious you want to share?"

 

"No...no hyung. I'm good. Maybe I'm just a little tired. The choreography this time is a little hard for me, but I'll work hard on it. I'm really sorry for just now."

 

"Nah, don't worry, We all need some rest anyway." 

 

 

 

Three hours later, we're making some progress finally. I had managed to collect myself and focus on the practice rather than wondering if Sung Wook hyung's head would transform into something else again. But it's Joong Ji hyung's turn to keep making mistakes. But everytime Gyu Min hyung asked, he would just smile and said everything's alright. He looked sick actually. But I was worried to point it out. What if that was my imagination too? Like Sung Wook hyung's head?

 

Speaking of Sung Wook hyung, he was like a practice machine the whole time, diligently dancing without making a single mistake, or even slacking and lose focus, how did he even manage to do that and keep up for so long? But what made him stood out was the fact that he didn't speak at all for the whole time we had been practicing.

 

 

 

"This song didn't have any dance break, unlike other teams' songs. And dance is one of the major part in our evaluation. What do you think? Should we just go with it, or add a dance break in the song to add impact?"

 

We had finally managed to sit down after the over three hours of continous practice, and Chan Yul hyung was already slumped down on the vinyl floor. Ha Don hyung was huddled on his spot, while keeping busy with his phone. Joong Ji hyung was sweating so much even though he kept wiping them off his forehead. Nobody looked like they're paying attention to Gyu Min hyung's question, which I didn't know how to answer either, considering dance was never something I'm good at, and truthfully, I wouldn't mind to leave it out, but that might take off points from our stage which really is the last thing we need right now. Nobody looked like they're even listening to Gyu Min hyung to offer any opinion, except for Sung Wook hyung who sat down with his back straightened, his posture made me wonder if that's how we're supposed to be all the time when it's time to fulfill our mandatory army service. But even though he was facing straight at Gyu Min hyung, even he said nothing.

 

"I...I guess...." I tried to break the silence even without anything to say. I really would just be happy to go with the team's decision, but Gyu Min hyung looked like he really needed some assurance. He had been making all the decisions and arranging our positions and formation during practice. Actually, he's the only one who did most of the talking for the past hours, other than Chan Yul hyung's occassional squeaks scolding himself and apologizing whenever he did any mistake or accidentally getting into other members' spots during the practice that resulted from his eagerness, and Ha Don hyung's pointing out every other time anyone made a step too big or too small that made our formation messy, and Joong Ji hyung's occassional quiet apology every time he probably made mistakes, which probably echoed how I was throughout the past hours. Dancing is really not easy, but it's still fun. 

 

Even now, as Gyu Min hyung already looked at me expectantly, I didn't have anything to say. I'm really good with whatever he decides. But I couldn't possibly just say that, yet again, could I?

 

"The choreography is already alright. But we can cut down this rap part a little to add a short solo dance break either at the end of it, or at the beginning. Or just have that dance break during the last part of the rap, here..." Ha Don hyung saved me with his sudden suggestions, as he scooted closer to Gyu Min hyung, to show his phone, and Monster could be heard playing from his phone, along with fanchants and loud cheering sound. They're probably watching the performance video of EXO sunbaenim. Gyu Min hyung stared excitedly at the screen, but Ha Don hyung was still as gloomy and bored as ever as he continued elaborating on his suggestion. Unless, that's really how he usually looks like, he does look cool with that nonchallant but focused expression though.

 

"That's a really good idea, indeed, Ha Don ssi! Good job!"

 

Gyu Min hyung spoke my mind. In fact, he might have wanted to add more praises but held back in consideration to the rest of us. Knowing Gyu Min hyung, he's always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter