9 - Literature Class

I Go Crazy Because of You Baby

 

“No way!” Myungsoo said with a smirk on his face while he looked to the older man who was at that moment telling him what happened when he went to the dance studio. He couldn’t believe that Dongwoo, THE Jang Dongwoo actually helped another human being that wasn’t himself. “You’ve a fever!” He pressed his hand on the older man’s forehead and Dongwoo just pulled him away, slapping his hands, annoyed with the fact Myungsoo was thinking he was sick or even go crazy. “You helped someone! You helped another human! You’ve to be sick!” Myungsoo was making his best not to laugh out loud because he didn’t want to disturb the people around them in the classroom. He and Dongwoo were from different years but sometimes they had classes together, and this time was one of those times for them. Dongwoo glared to his friend and tried his best not to roll his eyes. “So I took her to the hospital. Doesn’t mean anything!”

Myungsoo gave the older man a small smile. “You helped her without second intentions. That is like…a miracle.” Dongwoo tried not to laugh at that. It was true. He rarely helped people, especially girls, and when he did it was because he wanted something in return. Usually it was for some company to go out or someone to make his papers. But for that he had Myungsoo or Sunggyu and he didn’t had to be nice for that. “She ed up her ankle. She couldn’t get up, so I helped her.” He paused and placed his head on top of his arms. He looked to Myungsoo who continued smiling to him. He was proud. He was proud the older man did something like that. He was proud that Dongwoo helped Hyosung without second intentions. And he helped her twice. He helped her by getting rid of Yongguk and by taking her to the hospital so she could take care of her ankle. “For a dancer, ing up your ankle can be your end.” Dongwoo said and the younger man just continued smiling.

He had nothing else to say. He was just happy the older did something that wasn’t selfish for a change. “Stop staring!” Dongwoo said his voice a little too loud and everyone in the classroom looked at them. Myungsoo looked down to his books, trying to hide his embarrassed face while Dongwoo just continued staring at the students. “What?” The students looked to teacher again, not bothering themselves with Dongwoo, which made him really happy. He wasn’t in the mood to be the center of attention. He wasn’t in the mood to have everyone stare at him and talk to him. He just wanted to be left alone without anyone to bother him. He wanted to stay in his place and that was enough for him. He had no idea what was wrong with him. He woke up feeling horrible. He woke up feeling like a huge weight was on his shoulders and for some reason he was feeling rather weak. It only got worse when he went to the classroom. People greeted him, girls smiled at him. On a normal day he would love the attention, but at that moment, he just wanted all of them to disappear. He wanted them gone and far, far away.

He was so distracted on himself that he didn’t even noticed when the classroom door opened and a familiar lavender head appeared. If it wasn’t for Myungsoo touching his shoulder, he wouldn’t even notice. “What?” He asked as he looked up. the younger man pointed to the door and there he saw the familiar smile. What was she doing there? She wasn’t from that class. Was she? He didn’t remember because this was probably the second time on a whole semester that he went to the literature class, so he couldn’t remember that well. “Sorry I’m late…” The teacher didn’t say a thing because he saw her foot and understood that she couldn’t walk properly. He told her to sit and the only sit available was next to Dongwoo. He pulled himself straight on his sit and made a signal for her to sit next to him. “…You’re so obvious!” Myungsoo whispered only to be kicked under the table by Dongwoo.

She smiled at him and after a little bit of effort she seat next to him. Gently she greeted him with a simple “good morning” and started paying attention to the lesson. In seconds she started taking notes of every single thing the teacher was saying. She looked really into the lesson while all Dongwoo did was stare at her. Myungsoo tried his best not to laugh because he didn’t want to be kicked again. Dongwoo was stronger than he looked. “If you keep staring, your eyes might fall.” Myungsoo whispered, but this time, Dongwoo decided to ignore. He wanted to kick Myungsoo for saying what he did, but he decided to keep quiet. He looked back at Hyosung. He couldn’t hide his disappointment. He had no idea why, he really didn’t, but he wanted her attention. He wanted her to pay attention o him. It wasn’t too much to ask for, was it? “Idiot…”

He placed his head on the desk again and called her, not expecting her to answer him. “Hyosung.” She looked at him and he couldn’t help but be a little embarrassed. That wasn’t what he was expecting. He was sure she was going to ignore him and keep paying attention to the lesson. “…..H…How is your ankle?” He managed to ask her when she looked at him. He continued in the same position, not moving. He didn’t want to show any behavior changes to her because he didn’t want her to think he wasn’t capable of controlling his feelings. He was Jang Dongwoo. The cool guy! So yeah, he was going to control himself no matter what. He was going to stay cool no matter how nervous he was. “Oh much better!” She said with the smile only she knew how to give. He was sure that smile wasn’t human. He was positive. “What did the doctor said?” It wasn’t what he wanted to ask. He didn’t want to ask her that, it was more than obvious. At least for Myungsoo was. It was almost painful.

“He said I can’t dance for a couple of weeks…otherwise I won’t dance ever again!” He knew that telling a dancer they couldn’t dance for some weeks, it was telling them they couldn’t do what they loved the most. It was more painful than most people could understand. “That …” he whispered and she nodded. He started feeling his throat dry and looked to her. Hyosung was staring back to him with a small smile on her face. She looked like she was waiting for him to say something, anything at all. He just didn’t know what could possibly be. He looked away for a couple of seconds, took a deep breath and then looked to her. “So…since you can’t dance…”

What was wrong with him? He was never nervous. He was never nervous for things like these. He was the nr1 playboy in whole campus! He was the one girls wanted to have and guys wanted to be! So why was he having so much trouble speaking? “…Do…Do you want to go out?” Hyosung looked at him with a raised brow but continued smiling at him. “Like in a date?” She asked and he could feel himself falling deeper and deeper inside a black hole that was under his feet. He wanted to hit with his head on the desk, but instead he gave her a big, fake smile, trying to hide his nerves. Nerves that he had no idea where they came from. “…S…Sure.” He saw her smiling down to her notes and then to him. He could feel his heart almost stop and his hands started sweating. He swallowed hard and took a deep breath.  “…So….at 7PM?”

She nodded and continued smiling. He turned his head away and he saw Myungsoo almost laughing. Dongwoo started feeling his cheeks burn. “M…Maybe I’m sick…” He said and Myungsoo moved a little closer to him so he could speak without the other people hear it. “You’re not sick…you’re in love…Which is way worse.”