History Pt.2 [Edited]

134
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Aren't you jealous?" Mark's words caused Jennie to throw him a glance.

It's a Sunday and Mark suddenly barged in her room, telling her that he wants to go cafe hunting around Wellington. As a loyal worker that he is, Mark wants to formulate new flavors for the cafe and he decided that New Zealand flavors will be an interesting addition.

"Of what?" Jennie said while tapping the stuck Magnolia leaf on the cafe's windowpane. It is a game that she likes playing ever since. She taps the three leaves consecutively and pretended that they are in a race.

December hit its third week and the trees started blooming. Magnolia leaves are scattered everywhere, its pink ensembles coloring the land.

“Would you stop what you’re doing?” Mark said blankly. He’s been watching Jennie for minutes now and he’s starting to get annoyed.

“It’s fun! You should try.” Jennie urged him while smiling widely. She flickered the glass pane again and clapped as she watch the third one reach the ground.

“You’re so weird,” Mark uttered while smiling.

“So who am I jealous with?” she asked.

"Jisoo-ssi and Jinyoung-ssi. You told me you know who is Jisoo is."

"Do you know why I decided to take this exchange program?" Mark shook his head.

"At first, I want to go back for something that I left behind here. But when I heard that a certain Jisoo is coming, I grasped the opportunity because I wanted to runaway." She paused while staring at her drink. Her once happy face started blotching into a dark state and Mark’s chest clenched by the sight of it. He might have known her for a month but she’s the constant sunshine between the two of them.

"Jinyoung oppa, he's too nice for his own you know. He's the type of person who might be kind of uptight- temperamental at times but he cares for people a lot. I know that being here will save our relationship. You know why? Because I'm sure he'll never end us over a phone call. If so, he'll wait for me to come back in Seoul before breaking my heart. He'll dive into the details, explain each clauses, each word until he is sure that I understand. I am selfish, aren't I? "

Mark averted his eyes directly towards Jennie's.

"I don't think so. Selfishness is normal."

"But you know what Tuan? Being miles away from him- I thought it would do me good but no. I feel suf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter