Ch.3

Secrets of the Dead

Ch.3


~Last time~

 

“Do you know who did it?” she asked, staring blankly at the ground.

 

“UNNIE?! ARE YOU IN HERE?!” a voice screamed, causing us both to look in the direction of the door.


~Now~

 

“Miri-ah. I didn't think you'd be coming over....” the twin said, standing up quickly to run to her friend.

 

“Who are you?” Miri asked, looking over at me.

 

“I am special agent Lee. As far as who did it, we believe it was her ex-boyfriend. He is the only person we see with the motive to kill your sister.” I said, looking at Miri as her eyes widened.

 

“KILLED?! Someone killed Hailey?....Hailey didn't have a boyfriend.” Miri said, looking between her friend and I.

 

“I take it you are Hailey then? Your twin, Lia, was confirmed to be our victim through dental records.” I said, staring at the girls in confusion.

 

Was this girl not close enough friends with the twins to tell them apart?

 

“You said it was her ex-boyfriend right? Miri please go wait for me in the kitchen.” Hailey said, glancing at Miri.

 

Miri raised an eyebrow before walking into the kitchen.

 

“Her ex-boyfriend's name was Park Min Kyung. I'll write down his address for you. Please wait here.” she said, bowing before going into the kitchen.

 

I know it seems wrong, but something seemed off about this whole thing.

 

'That's because i'm not Lia.' the ghost was back and she seemed to be laughing.

 

“Lia, why are you not telling that cop the truth?” Miri's voice wavered into the living room, followed by a hard shushing sound.

 

“If Min Kyung wanted me dead then I have to protect myself. He never even knew about Hailey.” Lia said, sniffling sounds being heard.

 

“How did he never know his girlfriend had a twin?” I asked out loud, moving back towards the couches.

 

'Just because we were twins doesn't mean we looked the same. We always had different hair colors and I always wore contacts, scared that her boyfriend would kiss me. I guess the jokes on me now since he thought I was Lia and just dyed my hair.' Hailey said.

 

“How come I can hear you. But not see you?” I asked, raising my eyebrow at nothing.

 

'I don't have enough energy yet. You'll see me again soon enough.' she said, disappearing as her sister walked into the room.

 

'It's best if no one but my team finds out just yet. I have to keep this girl safe until this guy is in prison.' I though, smiling lightly when she handed me a paper.

 

“I put my phone number on there as well in case you need to call me. Please find the man that killed my sister.” Lia said, tears coming to her eyes again.

 

“I will come back when he is put away for life.” I said, bowing before leaving the house.

 

“So, did you get an address?” Joshua asked, watching me walk towards them.

 

“We've got a problem. Come here.” I said, calling the others out of their cars.

 

“What do you mean?” Jeonghan asked, coming up beside me.

 

“The victim is Hailey Kim, not Lia Kim. The dentist office must not be able to tell the twins' teeth apart. Lia was the target, but she is alive and well. We have to keep her identity safe so that the ex-boyfriend doesn't find out he killed the wrong girl.” I said, messing with my hair.

 

“How does a boyfriend not know his girlfriend has a twin?” Seungkwan said, leaning against the car.

 

“How did you even find out about the mix up?” Seokmin asked, looking down at me.

 

“Hailey apparently wore contacts and dyed her hair to avoid looking like her twin. The night she was killed, the ex-boyfriend must have seen her natural eye color and thought it was Lia. I heard Lia and her friend talking in the kitchen.” I said, stress starting to give me a headache.

 

“You are right. If the girl inside was the original target, it's best if we keep that to ourselves. Do you have the guys address?” Jeonghan asked, looking at the paper in my hand.

 

“Yeah. Let's head there now and talk to Mr. Park.” I said, moving to get into the car.

 

The others followed suit and we were quickly on our way to throwing this in jail.

 

“We just need a finger print from this guy and we can easily get his put in jail for murder.” Joshua said, looking inside his folder.

 

“The guys found a finger print?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Yep. On the handle of the knife we found at the scene.” he replied, not looking up from the file.

 

'Does he really think they'll throw him away just because his finger print is a match to the murder weapon?' Hailey asked, obviously sitting in the back seat.

 

I nodded my head, not wanting to speak.

 

'I guess it's a good thing I never tried to kill anyone.' she mumbled, making me shake my head a her.

 

“We're here.” Joshua said, causing me to slam on my breaks outside the house.

 

“You could have said we were getting closer.” I said, glaring at him before getting out of the car.

 

“I could have.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Let's go meet this guy.” I said, ready to go home and deal with my massive headache.


….........WHOOOO....just gotta get that fingerprint.....how hard can that be? This story may only have five chapters, but I hope you guys like it all the same :) Baibai <3