Ch.2

Secrets of the Dead

Ch.2


~Last time~

 

'No you're not'

 

'What the hell is going on?' I thought, looking around the area.


~Now~

 

I got home late that night still feeling the cold anxiety I got when I first 'spoke' to the victim. Her name was Lia Joy Kim. Her parents seemed to want to stick with three letters her whole name, but that's beside the point. She was indeed twenty-one years old and tomorrow, I'd be going to find her family. We had yet to reach them since she was identified through dental records and it seemed like we would have to search for any living relatives.

 

BING

 

I looked down at my phone to see I had a new message.

 

'Do you think we'll find that girls family?' - Jeonghan

 

'I'm pretty sure we will. Get some sleep and tell Seungcheol I said that.' I replied, laying down on my bed to go to sleep.

 

It wasn't much of a surprise when Seungcheol and Jeonghan announced to everyone that they were dating, seeing as they had been close friends for a long time. That was the reason why, however, we all got separated into three teams instead of one giant thirteen member team. My team was just known as Team 20; with Jeonghan, Seungkwan, Seokmin, Joshua, and I. We were the only five member team with the other two being four members. Seungcheol's teams was the 'Hip' team, a name he himself came up with. Along side him was Wonwoo, Mingyu and Vernon and they mostly handle forensic evidence and autopsy. The third team was the 'JAM' team. Soonyoung, the leader, came up with name and said that it actually means something, but has yet to actually tell us what it means. That team consisted of Junhui, Minghao, and Dino. Dino was the youngest member of our squad and we made it our own personal goal to make sure nothing happens to him. They handled the court processing and make sure the criminals are thrown in jail.

 

//The next morning//

 

“HYUNG WAKE UP!!!” Seungkwan screamed, banging on my door.

 

“I'm already up Boo.” I said, swinging the door open and glaring at him.

 

“Okay. Good...because we found the only living relative of our victims family. Well...Joshua did anyways.” Jeonghan said, appearing in the door way.

 

“So I take it we are heading there now?” I asked, looking at the members of my team.

 

“Yeah. My girlfriend recognized her from a picture I kept in a folder. She told me she has a twin.” Joshua said, moving aside as we walked towards our vehicles.

 

“Is she the only living relative?” I asked, turning towards him really fast.

 

“Yeah. Their parents died three years ago in a car accident, along with their older brother.” Joshua said, walking close to me.

 

“Your girlfriend seems to know a lot about our victim.” I said, looking at Joshua as we climbed into the car.

 

“They went to high school together. The twins were always with each other and hardly left each others side. There was another girl that hung around with them as well, but HyunAe can't remember her name.” he replied, sitting back as we drove towards the address.

 

“Any idea on who her ex-boyfriend is?” I asked, not taking my eyes off the road.

 

“HyunAe said that the victim dated a guy in high school who seemed really edgy. She saw their break-up since it happened in the middle of school during their senior year. She's the one that broke it off...claiming he cheated on her with another girl.” he said, looking out the window as we drove through a small part of town.

 

“I thought HyunAe was twenty-three. How was she a senior with a twenty-one year old?” I asked, my eyebrows creasing.

 

“I can tell you never listen to my stories. She moved around a lot as a child and ended up falling behind in school. When she came to Korea they enrolled her into school, but two grades bellow what she was supposed to be.” Joshua said, shaking his head at me.

 

“Embarrassing him in front of the whole school is a damn good reason for murder. I wonder if he knew about her twin.” I mumbled, looking out the window.

 

We all arrived at the small house near the center of town.

 

“Do you think she's home?” Seungkwan asked, walking up behind me.

 

“One way to find out.” Jeonghan said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“I'll go talk to her.” I said, making sure they stayed near the cars.

 

'He didn't know about my twin. Please don't put her in danger.' a voice said, pleading through the wind.

 

“I thought this was over with....” I said out loud, shaking my head to try and get rid of the voice.

 

'You don't know who he is. I can help you find him, but please don't bring my sister into this.' she pleaded again, the wind blowing strong.

 

“I still have to tell her you're dead and that we are actively trying to find him.” I said, making sure it didn't look like I was talking to myself.

 

'Fine. Just protect her.' the voice said, disappearing as quickly as it came.

 

I shook my head before walking up to the door and knocking on it.

 

“Just a second!” a voice said, movement happening behind the door.

 

'God they even sound exactly alike.' I thought, scrunching up my face.

 

“Hi...may I help you?” a girl stuck her head out the door before fully opening it.

 

“Yes...actually i'm here to tell you something. Is there anywhere we can sit down?” I asked, not really wanting to tell this girl her twin was dead while she was standing.

 

“Uhh...sure. Come inside.” she said, moving to let me in.

 

“Thank you.” I said, following her inside.

 

“Is everything okay?” she asked, moving to show me the living room.

 

“Please...sit down.” I said, motioning towards her couch.

 

She sat down slowly, confusion very clear on her face.

 

“I'm really sorry to tell you this ma'am, but you sister has been killed.” I said, looking down at the ground.

 

“I'm sorry.....what?” she asked, her voice cracking at the end.

 

“Your twin sister is gone. We ran dental records and confirmed that they were your sisters.” I said, still unable to look up.

 

The resemblance between the twins was a little off, maybe because one had blonde hair and the other had light brown, but their eyes were a dead giveaway.

 

“Do you know who did it?” she asked, staring blankly at the ground.

 

“UNNIE?! ARE YOU IN HERE?!” a voice screamed, causing us both to look in the direction of the door.


…...........Ch.2 is done :D I believe this is gonna be a fairly short story since I don't want to drag it on and make it seem boring. Please subscribe and leave a comment to let me know what you think of the story and i'll see you guys next time <3 Baibai :)