Am I Wrong?

Mind Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Greed, it was a destructive emotion that consumes human being. It is a demonic desire of selfishness over something, especially wealth and power.

When people said we should keep striving forward for the better, can we stop ourselves before greed took over our mind?

 

The news of Kim Minsu arrest stirred the citizens of South Korea. For what he was known for a kind man who was not blinded by money, the accusation of him murdered his own father was totally mind blowing.

Taehyung hurried to the interrogation room, where his cousin, Kim Minsu was waiting. He convinced the Special Investigation Team to help the interrogation, as he would probably be the only person who understands the most about the case.

“Hyung!” Taehyung walked into the room. Minsu looked at him without a word. “What happened? Aunt gave us (police) the CCTV of you pulling out the oxygen pipe. Did you really do it?”

Even if it was an interrogation, Taehyung didn’t feel like he was doing one. He was more concerned about the truth, the truth of what really happened in the family.

“Taehyung-ah,” he said weakly. “If I tell you the truth, would you be able to handle it?”

Taehyung frowned at his question, not sure of what he meant. He then reached his cousin’s hand and looked straight at his eyes, “tell me,” he convinced.

Minsu looked down. “Dad did horrible things,” his eyes wavered. “He was corrupt.”

Minsu travelled back his memory lane, when few days ago, he received blackmail, containing evidence of his father’s corruption when he served as a Prime Minister. And he has spent days upon receiving to verify the documents. When he realized the documents were all true, he was devastated. The man who used to be his life’s role model turned out to be a villain who abused people’s trust.

He felt betrayed. He felt disgust, for his father, and himself. All these years, he had been using the money he shouldn’t have. His education, his house, his clothes, and even every meal he had, they were nothing but people’s hard work.

And then, there was that mysterious call, shedding a light from that dark tunnel.

There was only one way to fix it, and that’s by surrendering what’s not supposed to be his at the first place.

So he killed his father, the sinner who had been blinded by wealth and power.

It was for the better. With his father death, he would have the authority to manage the money, which he would give it back to the people in need.

He knew what his father had done was unforgivable, but that was the least thing he could do.

 

Meanwhile…

An old man wearing shabby shirt, ripped pants, and a pair of slipper was seen in front of the police building. The people looked at him as they passed by, won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter