Hold Her Tight

Mind Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was particularly cold that day. Lisa and Chaeyoung were clutching their hands down to the pocket of their coats, while clenching their teeth to bear the freezing wind at the same time. Their steps fastened at the sight of the barbeque restaurant. They went in, and exhaled away the last bit of cold air from outside.

Thanks to the burning charcoal, the room was fuzzy warm. The sound of sizzling meat made their stomach grumbled. After a long cold journey, what would be better than a slice of thick beef grilled to medium and a shot of soju?

“Chaeyoung-ah!” Jimin waved his hand at her.

Lisa was suspicious right from the moment Chaeyoung asked her to go out on that particular day. In normal circumstances, they wouldn’t make appointment only for a dinner.

Chaeyoung smiled and lightly ran towards Jimin, then naturally took a seat beside him.

As Lisa approached, she noticed there were more people sitting on that long table. And the bad thing was, she recognized no one other than Jimin.

Soon after, Jimin started to introduce Chaeyoung and Lisa to the others. He then explained to both of them that they were his closest friends.

It was weird for Lisa to be there. She felt like she didn’t belong there. It’s normal for Chaeyoung to know Jimin’s friends, but Lisa? She couldn’t understand why she was invited at the first place.

“We meet again,” Lisa heard a familiar voice coming from her back.

She turned around, and noticed Suga pulling the chair next to her and sat down.

Lisa could smell a fresh shower scent out of him, making her start to wonder. “So this is how a man would smell”, she thought. She was captivated. Never before she saw his face up close. His curved lips, his pale skin, and his eyes, they’re all so charming. It was a pure art.

“Hyung!” Jimin’s voice woken up Lisa. “Why did you sit there?!”

Suga coolly took a sip of the barley tea. “Why? I can’t sit here?”

Jimin was not sure whether he was pretending or he was just stupid idiot who had no idea of what’s happening. It was obvious that the seat was supposed to be Jungkook’s!

Jungkook finally reached the restaurant and he couldn’t help but to see Suga with confused look after noticing he was sitting next to Lisa. Having not many choices left, he sat next to Jimin.

The arrival of the meat naturally brought cheers. As expected, Korean beef was the best! The well-marbled beef was sliced nicely, and by the look of it, one could feel how it would melt away inside the mouth.

“Do you prefer it medium?” Suga asked Lisa, and she nodded.

Was he grilling for her? Then could it be…?

“Do you like to cook?” Lisa tried to start the conversation.

“Hmm… I’m not a good cook, but I cook sometimes,” he said. “Jin, he’s the best cook among us.”

“Ah~ really?”

Suga nodded, while kept adding slices of beef on top of the griller. “Namjoon really can’t cook! A long time ago we asked him to cut an onion, and he was holding the knife upside down,” Suga started to laugh uncontrollably as he recalled his memories. It was so ridiculous for someone his age not knowing how to hold a knife!

The sight of Lisa was having a great time with Suga made Jungkook felt uncomfortable. Something was disturbing him. He was not really sure of what exactly he felt, but he chose to ignore it.

The dinner was unexpectedly enjoyable for Lisa. It was pretty much like a gathering. They would talked and laughed about their past. How they used to be the ‘cool boys’ in the high school. How they used to sing and dance together and performed at festivals. And of course, how they looked so chubby and innocent back then.

Lisa felt warm. She could feel how close they were. How they care and support each other. They were like a puzzle; each of their strength covered other’s weakness. And without leaving any behind, they created a beautiful picture.

“But… Lisa-ssi,” A man whom she recognized as Jin called her from across the table. “Are you single?” Lisa hesitated for a second, before finally nodding her head. “How about me?”

“Eyyy~” all the members scoffed at his absurd question.

Lisa giggled when Jin tried to protest, only to get ignored by the others. They sure were funny kids.

“Hyung, don’t even think about it!” Jimin said, grabbing everyone’s attention. “Jungkook said he likes her.”

“REALLY?!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter