Good Intentions

Mind Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was shining brightly, but the mansion of former Prime Minister, Kim Heechan was gloomy.

Seventeen years ago, Kim Heechan was assigned by the National Assembly to be the Prime Minister. Many people think that he failed his position, and he finally resigned from his position 2 years later after the Golf Game issues.

He then built his own networking company. There were lot of rumors going around as where he got the money to build his company from, but it was soon subsided. With his worldwide connections, his company grew bigger and after only 3 years, he became one of the richest people in South Korea.

But life is a rotating wheel. He got his ‘up’, and his ‘down’ finally hit him a year ago. He was diagnosed with a terminal illness and so his life was depended on all the medication ever since.

He was an influential person both in politic and economy, so his death brought numerous reporters to gather at his house. They were desperately waiting outside the gate, which was guarded by security guards.

A lady in his 60s was crying beside her late husband, and their oldest son, and the only heir, Kim Minsu was standing quietly at the corner of the room.  He didn’t look sad, and he didn’t regret what he had done to his father the previous night.

 

A man entered the mansion, passing through all the guards and reporters. He went to the bedroom, where the family was gathered.

“Hyung!” He called.

Kim Minsu turned at him. “Taehyung-ah,” he said.

Taehyung and Minsu were cousins. Taehyung’s father was Heechan’s little brother. They both spent a lot of time together when they were young. Taehyung would spend nights at Minsu’s house, given they both had no brother to play with.

Taehyung looked at his uncle and walked closer. His memories of him flashed in his head, how he used to buy him meals, and how he used to teach him how to play console games. And now, there he was, lying lifelessly on a bed with his grey hair and wrinkled skin. Somehow, Taehyung realized, how scary what time could do to a person.

The reporters were thrown in chaos when several black cars headed towards the front gate. Minsu went off from one of the cars and reporter began taking pictures of him.

“We will cremate his body today,” he announced, making all the reporters surprised. “I want him to go in peace as quietly as possible,” he added.

He then went back to his car, ignoring the reporter’s shouting for further explanation.

 

Lisa was waiting for her chicken burger when the breaking news about Kim Heecan’s death was broadcasted on the TV. She slurped her strawberry milkshake and sighed. She was used to eating out alone, but she was so bored that time. She scrolled her phone, trying to find something fun to do, but she couldn’t find any.

“What are you doing?” A familiar voice gained her attention.

Jimin sat in front of her, showing his ultra cute eye smile. Lisa awkwardly greeted him, not sure what to do in this situation.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” Jimin asked.

“No,” Lisa shook her head. How could she reject him?! And in any case, he had sat there before asking that question.

Even if it was awkward f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter