Heartthrob

Mind Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Society was nothing but a mess. People said there’s no one but God himself should judge one man’s doing. But people also said, when you’re in a human world, follow the human rules.

It was believed that law was created to protect the community. It includes certain sanctions made by certain people, based on their own perception of equality and humanity.

Yes, for the sake of humanity, chance was given to some people instead of death sentence. But is it the right thing to do? When they had neglected humanity by their wrongdoings, should we really consider our humanity to punish them?

 

Lisa was standing in front of the police building, wondering if what she was about to do was right. She took a deep breath and finally stepped inside.

“Excuse me,” she politely asked an officer who was walking by. “Perhaps… do you know where I can find officer Jeon Jungkook?”

“Jungkook? He’s one of my team,” he said. “Come and follow me,” he invited.

Lisa smiled and quietly followed the man.

“What’s your name?” he asked as they went in to the lift.

“Lisa,” she answered.

“Are you his girlfriend?”

Lisa was slightly surprised with the sudden question. “N-no it’s not like that,” she said awkwardly. “We are just… emmm… acquaintance,” she hesitated.

Their conversation stopped at the ring of the lift’s bell. Lisa continued to follow the man, passing trough the busy hallway and finally he opened one of the doors and went in.

“Jungkook-ah,” the man called. “Your girlfriend is looking for you!”

Lisa’s mouth hung open from the shock.

For God’s sake, did he just ignore what I said in the lift? She thought.

Jungkook frowned at his calling. For as long as he remembered, he had no girlfriend, ever.  He stood up as soon as he saw Lisa. He then left the room together with Lisa. Not sure what she was about to say, but he was 100% sure it’s better if none of his teammates knew about it.

“What are you doing here?” Jungkook asked. “Did you see something again?”

Lisa nodded, then she handed him a black leather wallet which she has been holding all these times.

Jungkook’s pupil dilated at the sight of it. “Oh! Where did you find it?” he exclaimed. He checked what were inside, making sure it was really his wallet. He didn’t even know when he had lost it, as he had been very busy with the interrogation. “Anyway, thanks! It would’ve been bad.”

They stood in awkward silence for a moment, not knowing what to do.

Jungkook cleared his throat. “Anyway, I have something to show you,” he said.

Lisa had no idea where Jungkook was leading him, but she followed him anyway. Jungkook and Lisa used the lift, going back to ground floor.

Whether it was lucky or not, a bunch of people started to stream down as they went down.

Lisa really couldn’t understand why people tend to keep squeezing in when there’s not much space left. Like… isn’t it suffocating for them?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter