April 30th (Delilah and Kris)

Under the Cherry Blossom Tree

It was a breezy evening in April by the bus stop. The sun was setting, casting a warm and hazy glow on Delilah as she acknowleged her savior and climbed the stairs of the bus. Kris had been thinking about doing this all week, he had even brought two bottles of orange juice. And so he took one step...

                   Delilah looked up to see the handsome boy boarding the bus. Stunned, she glanced back at the cherry blossom tree to see if he was actuallly there and this was all in her head.  That's when his smooth voice snapped Delilah out of her reverie, "Is this seat taken?" She looked up and nodded, so he sat down and blushed brighter than a cherry as he pulled out the orange juice and offered it to her. She giggled thinking back to a couple weeks ago and accepted it. Kris's face went blank with embarrassment at first and then he was overwhelmed by the beauty of her laugh. Delilah waved her hand in front of his face and he snapped right back. It went on like this until they reached Delilah's stop and she got up to leave. Kris quickly grabbed her hand and gazed up at her and asked, " Would you like to join me for dinner?"

One step. At sunset. Under a cherry blossom tree. That's all it took