April 24th (Kris)

Under the Cherry Blossom Tree

It was a breezy evening in April by the bus stop. The sun was setting, casting a warm and hazy glow on her as she ran for the bus. He wondered why she was late as he smirked and picked a cherry blossom petal off the tip of his nose. As she stumbled past him, Delilah's heel broke and she almost hit her head on the pavement when his arm s around her waist and yanked her back up. Delilah stablized herself while holding on to his broad, rounded shoulders. They held each other for a moment until they were snapped out of the trance by the roar of the bus as it pulled away.She thanked him and introduced herself, her face red with embarrassment. Kris didn't notice though because he was having trouble hiding his joy at the fact that he was finally talking to the beautiful bus girl. They settled onto the bench under the cherry blossom tree where Kris caught a falling flower and gently placed it into her hair. Delilah blushed heavily and tried to hide it by letting her hair create a curtain beside her face. Once they started talking, the conversation just flowed like a river and they were lost in each other's words.  He missed his bus just to be able to give her company while she waited for hers. For the first time, Kris was sad to see someone leave as she reluctantly got onto her bus. He looked up just in time to see her wave at him. He waved back all the while thinking I can't believe she's waving at me. He admired her until the bus pulled away and their eyes broke away. 

A wave. At sunset. Under a cherry blossom tree. That's all it took