The Misfits (2)

Étude

Characters: BTS, Miyu-OC

Tags: Supernatural, Vampires, Werewolves, Shapeshifters, Angst, Action, Fantasy and more(?)

Word Count: 1273

Plot: BTS is a group of supernatural creatures who found a family within each other, and Miyu is a half-vampire-half-human agent of the Coucil who, due to circustances, found herself hunted by the same organization. Now wounded and without the protection of the Council, she meets BTS.

 


 

Now with a clean shirt, her wound dressed and the bleeding has stopped, Miyu got on a bus back to Seoul, she had to report to the Council before anyone could find out the truth, and honestly, she was just too tired and wanted to sleep on her bed again.

What she didn’t expect though was the group of agents already waiting for her with orders to kill on sight. The driver that brought them to the hideout did not leave and was ordered to watch her as the task was a test to determine her loyalty to the Council. He had already submitted a report to the Council while she was running for her life and as the results of the test were unfavorable, the Council elders were enraged and had dispatched agents to get rid of the ungrateful halfing.

As soon as she exited the bus Miyu already sensed something was wrong. All over the station, there were traces of vampire scent and these are vampires she knew where from the Council. Not only that but they were fresh traces, and the sun was still high up in the sky. The station was nowhere near the area of the headquarters so it would be unusual for their vampires to come here, let alone in broad daylight. Something was definitely wrong.

Cautiously, she walked around, on the look out for the vampires she was sure was roaming around and watching for her. She had already suspected that the council has found out but she didn’t want to jump to conclusions.


Miyu took the glass from the nightstand and greedily drank the red liquid, her thirst instantly quenched. She looked around the room and sighed softly to herself, touching the healing wound on her side. She was thankful that they let her rest on one of their beds, but she found it unnecessary for them to bind the wound, knowing full well that it would heal overnight.

She got up and it was then that she noticed the neatly folded set of clothes resting on the red plush armchair next to the tall Victorian style window that introduced the moonlight into the room. They had probably come and opened the curtains when nightfall came as the heavy drapes that covered the windows when she went to sleep were now pulled to the sides of the window. She went over and took the clothes before heading to the adjacent bathroom to take a shower.


The scent of cooking was the first thing that hit her senses when she opened the door from the bedroom, the delicious scent wafting from the kitchen to the second-floor landing where she now stood. The door to her right creaked open and the man who emerged gave her a wide smile as soon as his eyes landed on her.

"Hey, Miyu. Did you rest well? We're gonna have dinner soon, well, I guess it's breakfast for you... but anyway, everyone is already downstairs." Jimin said as he motioned for her to follow him. "You really don't talk much, do you?" he commented with a small friendly smile as he noticed her following him without a word through the hall and down the stairs.

She nodded when she noticed him looking at her. She actually did not pay attention to what he was saying and just followed him while her eyes roamed the different decorations and pictures on the walls. She found the house weird ever since she stepped foot in it, it was as if they could not decide on the motif for the interior of the Victorian house and just placed whatever sort of furniture seemed to be comfortable. At first, it seemed like a mess to her, but spending time with the boys proved that their house was just like them: a group of misfits who, for some reason, share a connection akin to family. The house gave comfort and warmth, feelings she only felt around the bestfriend she has now left.

The man just chuckled, acknowledging that she may have just zoned-off and wasn't paying attention to him, she did that a lot around them these days. It irked him to death, a first, that she would have the guts to ignore them when they could end her life at any moment, but then he realized that it meant she trusted them enough to not be the uptight, defensive, and always alert version of herself; it was a nice change.

They reached the first floor and entered the loud living room where the other boys were busy playing games and horsing around, and that was when Jimin turned to her saying he'll be in the kitchen if she needed anything. Taking this as a cue to join the other guys, she nodded her thanks and walked to the couch where Suga and Rap Monster were having a conversation. Seeing her heading their way, the two men cut their conversation to greet her, one with a smile and the other with a simple nod and an invitation to sit with them.

"How's your cut?" Rap Monster asked, eyeing her side where the said cut was healing underneath the bandage wrapped around it.

"It's getting better," she answered, not elaborating anymore as she found the topic irrelevant, and leant back, relaxing against the couch.

"That's good, you know, I still find it amazing how you can heal that fast, you'd expect half-human-half-vampire people wouldn't heal as fast as vampires do, wouldn't you, Suga?" the man turned to his friend, who only watched her before nodding lightly.

"I don't know either, Namjoon, it's just like that," she addressed him sternly in his real name, indicating the topic closed, she didn't really like talking about how she got the vampire healing and where she got it from.

Miyu always wondered where he got that weird name he called himself with, was it because of an I-wanna-be-cool phase? It was the same case with Suga, J-Hope and another guy called V, who is currently shouting in front of the tv, complaining to J-Hope and accusing Jungkook of cheating in Mario Kart.

"Did you drink the blood I left on the nightstand?" Suga asked this time and she widened her eyes in mild shock, she didn't think he'd be willing to share with her since she knew how expensive they were around these areas.

"Ah, yes, thank you. I will repay you for it." She mumbled, already thinking of how she can get back to her place without getting killed by the men waiting for her to come home to her house. Without the protection of the council, she was prey for all the vampires in the area, waiting to the life out of her.

"Don't worry about it, we have a lot here, and unlike in your community, we actually share," he said, eyes squinting in disgust at the thought of the community he and V left long ago. "and besides, Jin has connections." he gave her a half-smile before getting up and heading to the dining table, just before Jin started shouting.

"Dinner's ready, you bums! You don't even help with setting up the table! Don't make me have to go there and drag your asses to the table. Yes, I'm talking about you three, Hobi, Taehyung, and Jungkook!"

Hearing a laugh coming from the man still on the same couch as her, she decided to get up before Jin gets even madder and walked to the man.

"C'mon, Jin, let them starve, let's go eat." she tells him as she passed him on the way to the table.