The Misfits (1)

Étude

Characters: BTS, Miyu-OC

Tags: Supernatural, Vampires, Werewolves, Shapeshifters, Angst, Action, Fantasy and more(?)

Word Count: 1299

Plot: BTS is a group of supernatural creatures who found a family within each other, and Miyu is a half-vampire-half-human agent of the Coucil who, due to circustances, found herself hunted by the same organization. Now wounded and without the protection of the Council, she meets BTS.

 


 

On the night before the first full moon of the summer, Miyu was set to head out to Seoraksan, one of the mountains in Gangwon-do. Her directive: kill the mate of the alpha of one of the strongest werewolf clans in Korea after they officially become mates, and in turn, the alpha himself. The mission's goal: make sure that the mating ritual happens and that the alpha's mate's death will kill her husband as well. She is to be accompanied by a few of the younger halfling agents of the Council.

The couple will spend their first night at a secluded villa within the mountain, alone and unprotected, but even then, their only advantage is smelling like humans, and therefore, like harmless hikers lost in the area. It's a dangerous mission, but certainly not the most challenging she has been too. So with a light heart, she set out from her house in Gangnam to the waiting van that will bring her and the boys that will accompany her to their hideout in the mountains.

 


 

It seemed as though everything was quiet that night as they pretended to hike around the area, the only noise that can be heard was the consummation of the mating ritual a few kilometers away from them. When they heard the sounds that signify the end of the mating ritual, they slowly walked closer and closer to the house, still pretending to be lost. As they walked around she slowly let the group go before her, the plan was that the boys with her will walk around to lure the alpha out while she went to the house to kill his new mate.

Once she sensed that the alpha was on the move to meet the boys, she immediately started on her task. Running stealthily to the house, she broke the vial containing the spell that will mask her presence and scent until the job is done. Once she was sure that the boys had the alpha occupied, she quickly climbed into the house and into the master's bedroom where she saw the new mate sleeping peacefully.

With a knife in her hand, she slowly approached the sleeping figure. Once the girl's neck came into view, she raised her knife, ready to slice the other's jugular vein and get the job over and done with. And she was so close too, that was until a familiar scent filled her nostrils. With a scrunched pair of eyebrows, she sniffed the air again, and ever so slowly brushed the sleeping girl's hair back to look at her face. Gasping in utter shock, she almost dropped the knife in her hand.

Aside from knowing that the alpha’s mate was human, she didn’t know her identity, and she did not care, she was not supposed to. However, the peacefully sleeping face of the human in front of her changed everything. She did not expect, and still could not believe, that the council, who watched every move of hers would send her to kill Nana, her very own bestfriend, the only person left in this world that she values. The harsh reality of the situation hit her and, all of a sudden, after many many years, she felt… afraid, scared to death at the implications of the task at hand.

She was scared that if Nana found out that she tried to kill her, she’s never be forgiven and she’d lose the only person who treated her as a friend even after knowing what kind of monster she had become. She was scared that if the girl ever found out, she’d truly be a monster to everyone who knew or even had a clue as to what happened to her before.

give it to her. She didn’t want the girl to attract more danger by giving it to her, neverKilling Nana was out of the question, she could never lay a hand on the girl, even if it meant her own death. But her own death would mean that she would lose the capability to protect her parents’ most important treasure and secret. It being as it is, it is impossible to pass it on to anyone. She didn’t trust anyone other than Nana, and the fact that Nana was now the mate of an alpha would mean that she could her already had a werewolf for a husband.

While Miyu was having her mental break down, she didn’t notice that Nana has started to stir. The other girl opened her eyes and furrowed her brows in confusion, she was not supposed to see a womanly figure hovering against her, at least if what just happened was not a dream. But it all felt real, her body ached and she could still feel his touch on her, so her mating with her werewolf boyfriend couldn’t have been an illusion.

Nana rubbed her eyes and as her vision cleared a little, she called out to the woman who seemed to be the same person as her friend. “Miyu? Is that you? What are you doing here?” she asked, still groggy and not even ready to get up from the bed.

Miyu’s eyes widened, she didn’t realize that the girl had woken up. She cursed to herself for being so careless and then cursed again when she sensed the spell breaking. She turned her back from her friend who was still trying to wake up and sit up despite the ache of her body and started checking if she had left any trace in the room. The moment she climbed out of the window she heard the loud piercing scream of a boy followed by the loud resounding crack of multiple bones breaking at once.

And at the moment, the pained screams of the boys she came with became quiet in comparison to the loud pumping in her ears as the adrenaline kick in and she ran away from the house and away from the alpha who has gone wild with anger set on killing her for coming near his mate.

 


 

Miyu ran and ran for what seemed like hours, the angry alpha still hot on her heels and she wished so badly that she had another spell vial on her, anything at all to lose him. Her limbs were starting to feel like they were on fire and even though she had always had a very strict and hardcore workout routine, she felt like all of that has been inadequate with how tired and how hard she was breathing right now. She almost tripped on a branch and the momentary distraction was all that the alpha needed to lunge forward and claw at her side. She dodged but yelped in pain as the tip of his huge claw successfully landed a cut on her.

The pain from her cut spurred her on even more and she ran faster and faster to the human campsite where she knew that the alpha, even with how angry he was, would not dare to step foot on. She climbed over the fence on the campsite and ran further in and into an open window to hide from him. Once she was sure that he indeed did not follow her into the area, she started checking herself, breathing heavily all the while and trying to bring more oxygen into her body.

She raised her shirt to look at the cut only to wince at how deep it was. She was losing a lot of blood too fast and she desperately looked for first aid kits inside the empty cabin. As soon as she found one, she immediately started to bind the wound just to stop it from bleeding even more as she can’t possibly get out of there with her blood trailing after her.