Two Time's the Charm

Second Time's the Charm

gif credit


Bubbly foams of fruit-scented shampoo trickled down your hair as cold water from the shower ran down your body. Lathering and rinsing for a couple of minutes, you took the large bottle of conditioner from the shelf, only it wasn’t conditioner.

“What the hell?”

The word ‘shampoo’ printed out in plain and medium-sized font stared right back at you before the dumbness of the situation hit you in the eye. You gritted your teeth and sighed before yelling at your roommate,

“Shane! Wait up! I’m going with you!”

 

 

“I swear it’s because you’re always zoning out when we’re outside.”

“Hey. I don’t do that.”

“Uhm, yes you do. Especially because of that hot stuff you met that you told me about. You were thinking of him that’s why you got the wrong bottle, weren’t you? And did you really have to fight that poor manager because of your own mistake?”

“I didn’t fight him. I argued that I haven’t used it yet, it’s only been a week and that it’s perfectly fine to bring it back. I even had the receipt!”

“Well, it didn’t help, did it?”

“Yeah. Instead I have two large bottles of shampoo now.” You sighed in defeat and continued shopping around from aisle to aisle, buying groceries, snacks, and toiletries including the cute bath pouf you saw last time.

“Hey, how did hot-stuff looked like again?”

“Stop calling him hot-stuff. His name is Seungcheol.”

“Fine. How did hot-stuff-Seungcheol looked like again?”

You shook your head as you reached for the yellow pouf with a chick’s head at the handle. “Dimples,” you said, your voice almost that of a swoon. Even just by saying it, even though you’ve only seen him once, his features came clear as day in your mind. “He has deep, cute dimples and a really nice jawline…”

“Uh huh.”

“…and thick eyebrows, round eyes and really long lashes…”

“Go on.”

“…with broad shoulders and thick thighs.”

“Sounds handsome.”

“He is–” your brows creased as your hand hovered just above your cart. Your cheeks grew hot and your heart beat like crazy when the voice registered. The voice, though it only spoke two words, was like a light shock of electricity filled with amusement and all things happy.

You spun around, your mouth slightly agape. The owner of the voice stood smiling in front of you with his friend from last time beside him and Shane wriggling her eyebrows at you behind his back.

“Looks like you remember me pretty well,” Seungcheol said, the corner of his mouth quirked up. He looked the same as last time, only that he wore his uniform (though quite untidy with the first two buttons ed) and the uniform looked really familiar.

“She remembers you alright,” Shane laughed, nudging you with her shoulder. “So you guys are from that school? I’ve seen some of your students staying at the dorm in front ours.”

“The old bricked building? Yeah. We live there,” said Seungcheol’s friend.

Seungcheol had his lips pressed into a smile, his dimples displayed on his cheeks. His eyes were happily locked on yours until his gaze landed on the forgotten pouf in your hand. “Is that a chick?”

“Oh, this!” you held it up, eyeing his reaction, your thumb moving to cover the word ‘babies’ on it. “It’s for my niece.”

“She doesn’t have one. It’s hers,” Shane grinned.

You shot her a look before she left laughing, declaring she had some more stuff to get.

“It’s cute.”

“Yeah,” Seungcheol’s friend (another forgotten one) quipped. “I can totally see you using it.”

“Excuse me. What?”

Seungcheol rolled his eyes before pushing his friend away. “Leave. Just leave.”

You watched them bicker with his friend whining and telling you he didn’t mean it that way before finally leaving the two of you alone to talk.

Seungcheol turned back at you with an apologetic smile before nodding thoughtfully. “I agree with him though.”

“Oh my gosh. Stop,” you said laughing with him.

“You know, we need to stop meeting like this.”

“Meaning?”

“Wanna hang out at our dorm tonight? Pizza and movies. Or whatever food you want.”

“At your dorm?”

“Yeah. I reckon guys aren’t allowed in yours so ours would be the next option,” he shrugged.

You pursed your lips while he watched you with a hopeful smile on his face. “Well, it’s not like I have anything to do later,” you said smiling back. “Sure. I’ll meet you tonight.”

 

 

“Superhero movies. Do you like them?”

“I enjoy them,” you said, already taking a bite out of your pizza slice. “Though I haven’t read the comics. But I’m a fan.”

“That’s alright. Let’s watch this one,” he said, clicking on the movie before sitting comfortably on the couch next to you.

Being with him was just like being with a friend; a really handsome and nice smelling friend. He was the physical representation of comfortable, cute and awkward mixed all together and when he gets excited, a child. But when he talks and looks at you with those eyes, dropping smooth and subtle compliments from time to time, it makes you remember how manly he actually was and how warm your cheeks and ears get whenever you do remember.

Peter Parker poked his head from behind the padded chair and smiled at Gwen. “Chocolate house?” he laughed softly.

“So cute,” you muttered under your breath.

You heard Seungcheol laugh as he shifted on the couch. “I’m cuter.”

“Hmm, I’m not sure about that.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Well, that’s a problem. Cause I remember someone describing me in great detail earlier with heart eyes on,” he teased.

“That was me helping my friend recognize you.”

“Then maybe I’m not cute.” The couch dipped slightly as he leaned close, his face just inches from you with the same smug smile he had earlier today on his lips. “Why don’t you take a closer look and tell me what I am?”

You turned to look at him, your eyes traveling from his eyes, his nose, and to his lips. His face was noticeably getting closer to yours that you could almost hear him breathing, that you could almost feel the warmth of his skin. His eyes were focused on your lips and his lips were almost touching yours when you heard a voice from outside.

“Stop nagging. I know it’s late. Geez!”

The door slammed open. You both jumped from your seats away from each other while his roommate stood with his eyes and mouth round like 'o’s. His eyes darted between the two of you as he tried to apologize when you found yourself laughing.

“What’s wrong?” Seungcheol asked.

“I gotta go,” you smiled grabbing your jacket. “I might get locked outside the dorm.”

“Already? You can stay here though,” Seungcheol offered, standing up.

You turned to him, sparing an amused smile at his roommate before scrunching your nose. “Next time.”

Seungcheol watched in disbelief as you walk out of the room before grabbing a pillow and throwing it at his roommate.

“I forgot!” his roommate whined, shielding himself.

Seungcheol sat back on the couch and grabbed a slice of pizza. The movie, now on the main characters’ kissing scene continued to play in the background, his eyes still on the spot where you were and sighed. “Next time.”