She Doesn't Know That I Know She's a Devil

When We Were Young

Shocked.

That was the best way to describe how Jong Kook felt. How could such an angel be so loud and aggressive? Regardless, he was still captivated by her beauty and he couldn’t form words.

“Who are you? Why are you following me?” The angel spat out questions like she was throwing daggers.

Jong Kook, a chatterbox, couldn't find the right words - he couldn’t possibly tell her that he fell for her at first sight. She’d probably think he was a creep. Well, he was, but, he wasn’t going to admit it. And he wasn’t going to tell her she was a possible suspect in the case he was working on.

“I live this way,” he managed to stutter.

She scoffed but then quickly returned to her typical poker face. In fact, she seemed to look, well… very blank most of the time. He noticed that she seemed to zone out very often, as she crossed roads even as cars were approaching rather quickly. Her blanking out reminded him a lot of his childhood friend, but he knew that was impossible.

“Well, take another route! Don’t you dare follow me ever ahjussi!” She quickly walked away, flipping her luscious hair over her shoulder.

He’d be offended by her choice of words, but his eyes were glued to her shapely behind. Man, he really was a creep. His daydreaming was interrupted by his ringtone.

“Yo-“

“Hyung! Come to the station quickly! Dong Hoon hyung has come!”

“On my way.”

-

Jong Kook entered the meeting room and was greeted by his two dongsaengs Joong Ki and Dong Hoon and embraced by the latter. He had met Dong Hoon when they were both training to join the academy and quickly became best friends. They worked multiple cases together until Dong Hoon decided to work undercover.

They chatted briefly before getting to the details.

“Hyung, this is all the information I have gathered on The Aces, including new information on the members.” Dong Hoon presented a thick folder.

Jong Kook flipped through the file, promising to relish it later on so he wouldn’t take too much of Dong Hoon’s time until he landed on a familiar face. Apparently, the man he saw in the grocery shop with the beautiful woman was Kang Gary. His speciality was fighting and has been involved for years. So, that must mean the lady…

Bingo.

Song Ji Hyo.

Her role was the nurse and thief thanks to her steady hands and nimble fingers, or “God hands” according to the report. ‘So, that really means she is an angel…’ Jong Kook thought, before quickly shaking his head. ‘No, she is a thief. She’s an angel in disguise.’ But two can play that innocent game.

She doesn’t know that he now knows who she is. And she doesn’t know that he is a police officer. And she wouldn’t know that getting closer to her not only means helping the case, but now he can spend more time with getting to know her.

He couldn't hide his excitement. Things were about to get real fun.


 

Hi strangers! Long time no talkie. School has started again and I have been soooooo busy, hence the short update. 

How many references can you spot? I tried to incorporate some of Jihyo's recent shampoo CF and her line in Emergency Couple... Also, did anyone watch Friends? They don't know that we know that they know... haha I LOVE FRIENDS.

Hope you guys are doing okay. Take care lovelies~ 

(That was 3 H's in a row. Did you notice???)