Today I am Feeling...

When We Were Young

Ji Hyo had a bittersweet feeling. She was happy for her oppa – really, she was – but she also hated the fact that he was leaving the city and moving to the countryside to live with his soon-to-be-wife. It was one of the world’s miracle to be on such good terms with her ex-boyfriend of two years. He was the most welcoming of the entire team when she arrived, always helping and encouraging her. They were very close friends, until one Monday, Gary had asked her to be his girlfriend. They dated for two years and they had created some wonderful memories, memories she would always cherish. But sometimes, it felt like they were together not out of true love, but because of the situation they were in. Kang Gary deserved the best and Ji Hyo was glad that he would soon marry his love.

Kang Gary was one of the nicest and sweetest guys she has ever met despite his rough appearance. Gary oppa had a tough        upgrowing. His father was a drunk and would beat him almost daily before Gary oppa ran away. He learned to fight to survive on the streets. He was an excellent fighter and won every fight he was involved in. Except one, but it was really unfair: five against one, for crying out loud! Gary oppa was really lucky that the police came in time to stop the fight. That was when Kang Gary met his saviour, Yoo Jae Suk.

It’s funny how every guy she has been romantically interested in thus far had grown up with daddy issues, and how Jae Suk oppa somehow become a father figure to them both.

- Eight years ago -

Ji Hyo woke up with a painful headache.

White walls, white seats, white everything. When did her room get so clean? And boring?

She realized she was in the hospital after waking up to her mom calling for the doctor upon her awake. Apparently she tripped and hit her head on a rock and was knocked out cold. Her mom had called the police and reported her missing daughter when she hadn’t returned at night. The Seoul police captain Yoo Jae Suk found her while he was looking for clues for another case.

He brought her into the hospital, and paid her fees when he discovered that Ji Hyo’s mother couldn’t pay for them. He and Ji Hyo became close when he realized that her father was never coming. So, he technically saved her twice.

There was something that made it so easy to become friends with him despite the age difference. Maybe it was his modesty, his non-stop chatter, or the fact that he never made her felt insignificant or inferior to him. Maybe it was because he was everything she expected her dad to be.

Jae Suk oppa would visit every time he was in Pohang. He even invited Ji Hyo and her mother over to Seoul to meet his family. He was probably the nicest man she has ever met and so it was not a surprise that she’d change her life to help him.

- Present

Ji Hyo had a weird feeling. She couldn’t shake it off even after parting ways with Gary oppa, who was going to prepare a surprise dinner.

Someone was watching her.

She could feel the hairs on the back of her neck rise. She was supposed to keep a relatively low cover, especially now that the police were getting more interested in The Aces’ activities with the recent rise of The Devils in Seoul. She started picking up her pace, and she quickly went around the corner of the street to her apartment, and turned around to face her stalker.

“YAH!!!!”

Her scream surprised him, as his small eyes widened and his large, muscular body moved back quickly.

She could feel her anger and fear fade and was replaced with… more anger? Excitement? Love? Nervousness? She couldn’t identify her feelings, but Ji Hyo could feel her heartbeat increase. She wasn’t sure if it was the adrenaline from the situation, or if it was because she was finally meeting him again.

Kim Jong Kook.


 

And so they meet... A little more about the past in this chapter. I'm bummed that SpartAce aren't getting a lot of screentime, individually or together TT and I read that SBS are making an animation version of RM, but didn't tell the members... wtf SBS. 

Hope you all are doing well though~~

xoxo G