Chapter 1

From The Moment I Met You...

Donghae's POV:

, Hae. You've really got yourself a mess. I was balancing my Boss' coffee in one hand with a stack of papers up to my chin in the opposite arm. I had less than three minutes left before I had to be at work. The street was busy and people were bustling past me like I was a ghost. Because of the papers and documents, I couldn't see infront of me. Taking things one step at a time, and cringing every time I cut it close, I continued to push forward, hoping that I would make it safely without any accidents. I'd always been rather accident prone, but lately my luck has really just been the worst.

Without warning, a loud car horn screamed in my ear and I was knocked to the side. My papers threatened to fall, leaning to the left, but I managed to rebalance them and slow my heartbeat. Just as I took an other step, I ran into something, or rather, someone. My paper tower was a goner. It tumbled down, thin sheets of tree fluttering in the air. I'd fallen on my hands and knees and squinted my eyes shut as the pain of the impact shot through my joints. It wasn't until a moment later, had I noticed a second kind of impact. Something much softer, and in a completely different location. My lips. I let my eyelids fly open and I found myself staring down into a pair of wide, brown eyes. Oh my god. Hae. You're kissing a stranger! 

"Ahh! Hot! What is that? It burns!" The stranger pushed me off of him and stood up, dancing around in a funny looking manner. A brown stain covered the front of his body and I panicked when I realized I'd spilled my Boss' coffee on him.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Here, ahh... Let me uhh help! Ahh-" I started patting his clothes with my scarf frantically. Aish! Hae. You're such an idiot!

The stranger, which I took notice of his lean body and handsome physique, pushed my hands away. His touch was awkward and seemed to linger on my skin.

"It's okay."

He took a couple steps back, before turning the other direction and running away. I remained seated on my heels, pathetically kneeling in the middle of the sidewalk with my empty hands lying limply beside my thighs. My papers blanketed the ground in white and the now empty coffee cup rolled around relentlessly without a care in the world. Flying gallantly like a flag, my scarf hung loosely around my neck, coffee stains leaving a mark of imperfection in the delicate knitting.

Hae. It looks like you've lost your job. And your sanity.

 

Hyukjae's POV:

, Hyukkie. You've really got yourself a mess. My feet carried me as fast as they possibly could down the pavement. The sole's of my feet ached from all of the running. You can endure it. Just keep going.

"Come back! I won't let you leave! You're mine!" My fiancé's voice stung my ears.

I closed my eyes and let my arms fly open and enjoyed the feeling of freedom. The wind in my hair was like the caress of an angel. This is it. This is your gate to freedom. Hyukkie, you're free.

If you've ever been in my situation, you'd understand. This isn't a normal relationship. My fiancé isn't the woman I love. She's the woman my parents love. They'd chosen her to be my wife from a very young age. I'd never disliked her, but I never loved her either.

"-Umph!" The gate has been abruptly closed in my face.

A sharp pain shot through my lower back and something heavy fell upon me. I scraped my elbows on the ground and I could feel the fabric of my suit tear. Shinah's going to kill me when she has to fix this.

My head hit the concrete when a pair of lips crashed against mine, stealing my first kiss. My eyelids fluttered open to see a man. A MAN. In my shocked state, it took me a couple seconds before I realized a searing hot liquid had been spilled onto my torso. She's going to kill me when she has to clean this, too! I pushed the man off of me, who seemed to be in a rather delirious state. I, myself wasn't in such a great state either. My first kiss. Taken by... A man.