waited for this sunday ;; momo x sana

what i like about you ;; accepting requests

bts x 24/7 heaven

Wednesday

  Courage is a tricky thing. You think you have it at first but then it disappears on you at the most crucial moment. At least Momo had Nayeon with her when she first dialed the number. The older girl never seem to run out of courage. She even managed to ask out the cute junior she was tutoring.

  When she first dialed Momo felt confident enough to not back out. When the phone was ringing, she kept telling herself that she could do it over and over again. But as soon as the other girl picked up, they started talking and courage walked out on her. Now, they’ve been talking for twenty minutes and she still haven’t asked her.

  Nayeon was by her side waving her hands around mouthing, just do it!

  “Hey Sana,” Momo finally said, after taking a deep breath. “Willyougotothedancewithme.”

  “What?” Sana asked. “I didn’t get that.”

  “The dance. This Sunday,” Momo said carefully. “Do you want to go? With me.”

  “Oh, yeah,” Sana said, smile growing wider on the other line. “Yes, of course!”

  Next to her was Jeongyeon lying on her bed, glancing at her when she began to hit her arm repeatedly to get the short hair’s attention. Her eyes were shining, smile as wide as the chat shire cat’s.

  “Yes I would love to go the dance with you,” Sana said. “Pick me up at 8? Okay, see you then!”

  Jeongyeon didn’t have to guess to know what happened. Instead she skipped to squealing, “She asked you to the dance!”

  “She asked me to the dance!”

  “And not soon enough,” Jeongyeon said. “The dance is less than a week away.”

 

Sunday

  It hit Momo hard the night before when she realized that the dance was coming soon, sooner than she thought. Being part of the dance team had kept her so busy that she didn’t realize time passing by. She barely got anything done for the dance, except perfecting the performance.

  She was so busy that every time she saw Sana, she only managed to exchange smiles and as far as a simple hi, before she was busied away by one of the other dancers. She even saw less of her friends – except Nayeon, who Momo suspected only came to see Mina rather than her.

  The only time Momo had time to focus on Sana were the nights she spent dreaming about the dark hair girl. It was the only time where there were no one else to call Momo away for practice or the school bell ringing calling them to class. Just Momo and Sana at her house, going over their notes like they used to when they first transferred to this school.

  When Sunday morning came, Momo called Nayeon, asking her for help. She didn’t have anything prepared other than her performance for the night. Luckily for her, the older had seen it coming and readily arranged a whole day for the two to get ready.

  An appointment to get their hair and nails at the mall, where Nayeon took the chance to have her hair cut. They went to a shop selling prom dresses and accessories, browsing through when a thought hit her.

  “Do you think I should get her a corsage?”

  “Do you want to get her a corsage?” Nayeon asked, as she picked one up laced with pink flowers.

  “Are you getting Mina one?”

  “Of course.”

***

  “You look beautiful.”

  Sana smiled at the compliment, “You were amazing up there.”

  Momo looked down at the suit she was sporting. She had just finished her performance, and didn’t have the chance to change into something else. The tie was hanging loosely around her neck and her hair now a bit of a mess. Her makeup’s probably needed a little touch up as well, seeing how she was still wiping sweat off her forehead.

  “I got you a corsage,” Momo said, searching her pocket for it. Sana looked pleasantly surprised as the other carefully slipped it onto her wrist.

  “It’s beautiful,” she said, turning her wrist to admire the flower. “Thank you.”

  When she realized she was starting to stare, Momo looked away, trying not to be too obvious. However, she glanced up when she felt something pressed to her forehead, and looked up to find Sana looking at her with such loving gentle brown eyes and a shy smile. Momo wondered what expression was she wearing to have the other retract her hand hesitantly.

  “Are you thirsty? I can get us some drinks,” Momo said, hastily. Before the other could answer, she quickly slipped to the food table, where two juniors, Dahyun and Chaeyoung was working.

  “Hey Momo,” Dahyun greeted. “You were great tonight.”

  “Yeah, you have to teach me how you did that body wave,” Chaeyoung said. “Every time I do it, it comes out weird.”

  Momo could only smile when the younger tried to show her. Noticing the lack of response, Dahyun asked, “What is it? Shouldn’t you be more excited that you’re here with Sana?”

  “I don’t know what to do,” Momo whispered, helplessly.

  “Okay look, Joy had just put on a slow song,” Dahyun told her, filling up her paper cups. “Just go up to her and dance. You’re good at that. You can do that.”

  “Right, I can do that,” Momo said.

  She went to Sana, who was swaying to the music. She handed the cup to the other, and immediately asked her to dance. Sana looked at her confused, showing the paper cup she had just handed. Momo gave her a knowing grin and placed Sana’s free hand on her shoulder, and her own hand on the other’s waist.

  “There we go,” Momo said, causing Sana to laugh the little laugh she adored.

  “This is just perfect.”

---

this is finally done. I hope you liked it!