Quitting

What started as a dare, Ends in a dare -aka The Sequel No One Asked For
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No. I will not do dares again with you Kim Taehyung.”

The other guy gasped, probably because it is rare for Jimin to call his best friend by his full name unless he was really angry. But of course Taehyung has to recover instantly that soon Jimin felt the guy wrapped his arm around his.

“But Jiminie we were doing this since we were like one—“

Jimin gave his friend a look.

“Okay three” Jimin just stared at him harder that the taller guy pouts”Fine five? Eight it doesn’t really matterJiminie. The point is it is we grew up doing dares. It has become part of the memories of our youth for you to throw it away just like that.”Jimin sighed at his friend’s exaggeration.”You’re not really serious about this, aren’t you?”

Taehyung gave him a sad look and Jimin hated the fact that it shakened him a bit. He does remember that they promised each other that no matter what the dare is they will do it because it is part of their friendship. But now Jimin was the one who was asking them to stop. But Jimin has a valid reason and just in case the other guy has forgotten about it he decided to remind him again.

“Jungkook—“

“…is because you’re unlucky that time Jiminie.”Taehyung tugged on his arm and even made whining noises as they walk the hallways back to their classroom.”You know that there was a 99 percent possibility that time that it was Yoongi hyung who will appear with a red bag pack right? Since it’s the only bag he uses and he was usually out at the hallway at that exact time but you were just so unlucky he’s not and that’s why it was Jungkook that we saw.”

Taehyung has a way of talking that made Jimin paused. He looked at his bestfriend and without knowing he slowly nod his head, thinking hard and realizing that his friend was right. It was just bad luck on his part that day. Taehyung has no—

“Okay wait”

Jimin forcefully unhooks his arm from Taehyung's hold upon the realization of something else.

“You...are the one who made me look at him”Jimin stated calmly but with one of his finger pointing at his friend who has the nerve to blink at him innocently.

“I really thought it was Yoongi hyung that time Jiminie.”

“Don’t Jiminie me” Jimin squinted his eyes at his friend making his eyes look even smaller than it actually is.”Chim chim?” Taehyung tried

But Jimin crosses his arms and shakes his head. He’s just too glad that he manages to think right at the last minute and not give in to his friend as always.

“Like what I said we are already too old for this dare thing. Let’s just not do it.”

Jimin ignored the way Taehyung pouts again looking more and more like a kicked puppy as his look at him seemed to be trying to beg for him to think about it again. Give the dare thing they have one more chance. But Jimin was done. Without any remorse he turns around and decided to leave his bestfriend even after he hears him yell his name. He heard him run after him afterwards anyway.

They were still good. Jimin knows Taehyung won’t sulk on what happened for too long. The guy is too positive to be negative for a long time. After that day where Jimin called it quits on the dare game they luckily continue to be the way they are as best friends.  It was just the next day when Jimin can’t help but think that it was finally Taehyung’s revenge on him. When that lunch time came and Taehyung waved over the guy who he really didn’t wish to see too soon after what happened the other day.

“Jin hyung is absent today.” Taehyung looked at Jimin probably feeling the heated glare he directed at him before looking back again at the guy walking towards them.”Come sit with us Kookie.”

The guy who already has his own tray of food grimaced maybe at the nickname but still drops his tray on the table and to Jimin’s utter annoyance sat  right beside him since Taehyung was seated opposite of him.

“Is Jin hyung really that sick?”

Jimin finally looked at Jungkook at what Taehyung mentioned. He saw as the younger guy nodded then sighed before picking up his chopsticks.

“It’s just a fever. He will be okay tomorrow Tae.”

Despite the nonchalant response, Jimin was worried on the older guy who has always been nice to him and Taehyung.

“I really hope he does get well soon.”Taehyung hummed and Jimin nodded in agreement”Say what Jiminie. Let’s visit Jin hyung after class?”

To that Jimin tore his gaze away from Jungkook to look back at his friend.

“Huh?”

“Let’s bring fruits for Jin hyung after class.” Taehyung mentioned casually as he took a bite on his burger.

Jimin hesitated but not really knowing what to say as an excuse for not visiting their good hyung aside from not wanting to be with Jungkook as much as he can, Jimin just nodded. Then he dropped down his attention on his food again trying to shake off the feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter