chapter 4 (SJH birthday special)

what you call love. (spartace)

The sun rose and the morning came. Yoo jae suk was sleeping soundfully when the morning mission came.

“yoo jae suk, you have to wake up the members. Throw the dice and the numbers you land on will depend on the way you are going to wake up that person.” The PD told him. Yoo jae suk dressed up and threw the dice. It landed on two. The way was to poke that person awake while face to face in less than 50cm distance. Next, he is supposed to pick a member to wake up in a R marked bag. He chose Lee Gwang Su. He sighed and argued about 5 minutes until he finally accepted it and start doing his mission.

He walked into Gwang Su’s room and quietly sat on his bed. He was about to face him when his phone rang. He froze, luckly Gwang Su didn’t notice, he is already face to face Gwang Su when he noticed something. The phone wallpaper is Song Ji Hyo. He looked at Gwang Su weirdly. He left his thought behind and started to do the mission. Gwang Su freaked out when he was awakened. Soon it is Gwang Su next to choose how to wake up the member. He threw 5 and it is to hold on to that person’s hands and squeeze it until x is awake. And he picked Song Ji Hyo. Yoo Jae Suk looked at him trying to spot any strangeness, his face turned red and he is sure that Lee Gwang Su is holding back his smile. He acted like angry as he found out that he chose Song Ji Hyo.

Now in front of Song Ji Hyo’s room, Lee Gwang Su opened the door carefully and stepped in. unfortunately for Gwang Su, Song Ji Hyo is already awake. Song Ji Hyo chose the method to splash water and she picked KIM JONG KOOK! It is hard to say how Song Ji Hyo was feeling about it. She isn’t complaining but there isn’t any expression from her. Just her usual blank face. She got dressed in the Running Man uniform and starts to walk to Kim Jong Kook’s room. Meanwhile, Yoo Jae Suk is having an eye out on Lee Gwang Su. Thinking about it, when Song Ji Hyo got water bombed, he is the first one to put a towel on her and every time when there is an individual battle, Lee Gwang Su always tries to find Song Ji Hyo. He felt a bit confused, the wallpaper on screen is when the RM members all took a photo together and Lee Gwang Su chopped other people out and only left him and Ji Hyo. Surely Lee Gwang Su knows that they can’t marry because the directors think that the rank will go down, Yoo Jae Suk pushed his idea away.

“I am just thinking stupidly.” He whispered to himself. They stopped at Kim Jong Kook’s room.

“oppa. Er, yi, sam!” Song Ji Hyo whispered excitedly as she opens the door. The commander is still asleep soundfully. They went to the bathroom and filled the cup, Lee Gwang Su saw a red bucket lying beside the bathtub. An idea came to him.

“noona! Pour the water with the bucket.” He suggested.

Song Ji Hyo hestitated for a moment but it was too late to say anything, Lee Gwang Su already filled the bucket with water.

“go noona!” Gwang Su cheered while Yoo Jae Suk laughed silently and givning Lee Gwang Su a high five.

Song Ji Hyo had no choice and went in the bedroom. 3, 2, 1! she prepared for the splash and poured. Yoo Jae Suk couldn’t hold his laugh for any bit longer and laughed out loud. Lee Gwang Su clapped his hands and burst out laughing, leaving Ji Hyo standing there feeling regretful, she can’t believe she did it. The commander woke up with a shock and was more shocked to see that Ji Hyo was the one holding the bucket. He stared at her unbelieved.

“YAHHHHH! *****.” He shouted, for the sake of the film. That only made the male’s laughter louder. Song Ji Hyo rushed to the toilet to get a towel and rapped around him.

“sorry oppa, It was a mission.” She hugged him unexpectedly. Kim Jong Kook nearly hugged her back but remembered that they are still filming running man.

“Yah! You two stop laughing!” commander ‘shouted’ at the male members, but it only made the laughing worse. Kim Jong Kook gave them the glare and the male members stopped laughing intermediately. Kim Jong Kook can hear that Song ji Hyo is laughing beside her. After he dressed, the morning mission went on. Because the guest left, the seven of them gathered in the hall after half-an-hour.

“today is Song Ji Hyo’s birthday and we are having a special episode for Song Ji Hyo. Song Ji Hyo is in charge of this episode, more rules will be told later. First, it is up to Song Ji Hyo to choose the teams.” The PD announced.

“YAH!” commented Yoo Jae Suk, “why didn’t you prepare one like that yesterday for me?!” the members all laughed as Yoo Jae Suk tried the spill the water he was drinking on the directors. After the laugher died down, Song Ji Hyo started to choose the members.

“I will make Yoo Jae Suk and Kim Jong Kook the leaders. I will make the dongsaeng with the commander and the remaining people will go with Yoo Jae Suk.” She announced.

“YAH!,” commented Yoo Jae Suk again. “it is like the loser team vs the best team!” they all laughed, at last they kept to the original order. During the time, Kim Jong Kook was paying all his time on Song Ji Hyo, her laugher to him could melt every bad thing. He was interrupted by his thought when the PD announced the mission. They went to the first mission site.

In the middle of driving, Kim Jong Kook is the one that received a call. (all the members when it separate cars.)

“annyeong oppa.” Song Ji Hyo’s voice came from the other side of the phone. Kim Jong Kook’s heart ‘melted’ when he heard Song Ji Hyo’s voice. He smiled inside him, feeling that the day won’t be better.

“Ji Hyo ah, what’s wrong?” Kim Jong Kook tried to sound as soft as he can.

“oh, oppa. You sound so nice, but anyways change your car direction and come back to the hotel we slept. You are a spy for me today, I will tell you more about it later. The other team members went the longer way according to what the PD said, after you receive the mission we will go the short cut and we won’t be suspected. I will be waiting for you.”

“sure, I will come here right now.” Replied the commander and Song Ji Hyo hang up. Kim Jong Kook couldn’t hide the smile any longer and he smiled as he covered his face up. He thought about what she said to him yesterday and smiled more. When he arrived at the hotel, Song Ji Hyo was greeting him with a smile, his heart warmed as he came out of the car. Song Ji Hyo lead him inside the hotel and two people is waiting for them. It is Suho and Lay from exo.

“Kim Jong Kook, you have been selected by Song Ji Hyo. In the morning, Song Ji Hyo woke up early and was told to see me. We have a huge party for Song Ji Hyo but if the other members found out about it, the PD’s will enjoy the party and RM members will be cleaning the plates afterwards. Throughout the missions, they will be giving clues to where the party rooms are and your job is to lead the exo members to the remaining members and let the exo guests rip it off. You and Song Ji Hyo can’t rip anyone’s name tag and if members figured out that you are a spy, you and the RM members will lose. And a advantage is if your team wins we will give a real clue and a fake one but if the other team wins than they will get 2 real clues.” The PD announced.

Kim Jong Kook had a feeling that he can’t really explain, he didn’t want Song Ji Hyo’s party to be ruined but was afraid that they will find out. After chatting about the rules Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo headed off. The exo members had schedules so they will come back at the last mission. In the car, Kim Jong Kook has the feeling of desperate to win for Song Ji Hyo, maybe the most desperate feeling in running man. Short time later, the RM members arrived at the first destination. They stood in group order and Song Ji Hyo stood in the middle.

“we are at one of the biggest pools in seoul and Song Ji Hyo has the choice to pick the mission. First choice is called the right picture, second choice is called the King that matches with Song Ji Hyo and the third choice is cheer swim.” The PD announced. Song Ji Hyo went up to the PD and chose number 2.

“number two mission rules are… each team captains sits on the float board and when the whistle blows the other teams has to try to pull the other captain off the float board. The team will win when they have every teammate on the floatboard.” The PD announced the rules.

The first mission started. The whistle was blown and round one started. Kim Jong Kook concentrated on the mission more than ever. He lost concentration when he saw Lee Gwang Su sending love symbols to Song Ji Hyo and he saw Song Ji Hyo laughing, he was staring at Song Ji Hyo and Lee Gwang Su and totually forgot about the mission and was dumped into the water. Yoo Jae Suk’s team used that time and took over the floatboard and won. The second round started and Kim Jong Kook used all his might and won. The third mission end very early as Gary attacked Yoo Jae Suk from the back. Kim Jong Kook team has won and Kim Jong Kook felt a great relief. The clues are ‘if there are chickens and rabbits in the yard, there are 14 animals and 32 feet. How many rabbits are there?’ and the fake one ‘colour red+ colour blue.’ (which makes no sense at all.) they all drove to the next mission. This time the members all sat together in a bus. Kim Jong Kook’s team went to see the clue while Yoo Jae Suk’s team and Song Ji Hyo went inside the car. Song Ji Hyo sat down in one of the seats and Lee Gwang Su sat next to her.

“happy birthday noona.” Lee Gwang Su said. Song Ji Hyo wondered why Lee Gwang Su had been very close and nice to her in the past half-a-year.

“thanks, Gwang Su.” Song Ji Hyo seems a loss of words, she remember being teased a lot sometimes even off stage but over the past half-a-year, Lee Gwang Su has been caring her a lot.

“noona, are you free this evening?” asked Gwang Su.

“wae?” asked Ji Hyo.

“just answer me are you free?” asked Lee Gwang Su.

“yes, what do you what?” Song Ji Hyo asked.

“you will see noona. Meet me at the café next to the pool area we saw yesterday.” Lee Gwang Su told her. Song Ji Hyo was really confused but nodded. Gwang Su’s turned his head and looked down his shoe, embarrassed. Song Ji Hyo stared at him blankly. Kim Jong Kook’s team came back onto the bus and when Kim Jong Kook saw Song Ji Hyo talking to Lee Gwang Su, he couldn’t hide his jealousy sitting behind them Kim Jong Kook couldn’t resist staring at them. The bus drove on and the atmosphere was unusually silent. Yoo Jae Suk wanted to break the silence by cracking a joke but the atmosphere was too awkward to laugh. On the other side, Lee Gwang Su is whispering to Song Ji Hyo happily, not knowing about the unusually atmosphere around him. That’s how they ended up in an awkward silent to the next mission destination.

Ps- maybe a bit too long, I might upload the next episode in two days because of a test at school.

pps- hoped you liked it so far