The Overdue Discussion

It's Just Fan Service
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXT: GUANGJU - FANMEET - MORNING

Most of the Seventeen members are standing around or sitting on the edge of the stage as they take suggestions and chat with the crowd (or rather those closest to the stage). Presently, Seungcheol and Jihoon have been chanted into taking a love-shot of one of their endorsed sodas while the audience chants Jicheol. Junghan is standing just behind them, shooting worried looks at the table where DK, Hoshi and Dino are signing posters and souvenirs. It's almost a little rowdy but it's still easy to understand what is going on. A girl gets lucky and is called up to take a picture with Hoshi and she's so ecstatic, she trips on the stage. Junghan jerks in place as she falls and Jisoo hisses, pulling Junghan's attention back to what they are doing on their side of the stage.

JISOO

Would you stop? Fans read into everything.

J.HAN

(Blushes)

Sorry.

Junghan looks down at the piece of paper in his hand where the writers had written down the "spontaneously picked" requests from the fans.

JISOO

Stop sweating and worrying. This is our job.

J.HAN

I know that.

JISOO

Junghan it doesn't mean anything. Hoshi knows it doesn't mean anything. It's just fan service.

J.HAN

(Angry)

I know that. Stop pestering and focus on the happy couple.

Junghan gestures at Jicheol who are now sputtering from mistakenly taking the shots down their noses. The fans are laughing, cameras are clicking and junghan's stomach makes a weird sound. Minghao glances at him in worry and Junghan just shakes his head.

HOST

Next question goes to...

She pauses for dramatic effect, looking around the six Seventeen members standing on that side of the stage with her. Finally, her eyes fall on Junghan.

HOST

Junghan-shi.

Junghan laughs nervously as he's shoved forward by Jun and Jisoo.

HOST

Okay. (She looks at the paper) You are supposed to pick the member you would mostly likely date if you were a girl -it can't be you, you can't pick your name- and then you have to peck them on the cheek.

The arena erupts as people start cheering so loudly. Junghan looks over at the other side of the stage and to his horror, Hoshi and co. are now looking at them because of the noise the fans are causing. Junghan laughs as he eyes fall on Jisoo because he knows he's supposed to pick Jisoo. That's what the stupid script says.

And yet, his legs take him stage right, away of Jisoo and he knows he should be heading in another direction, but all he can see is Hoshi, whose eyes are widening in terrified confusion at what Junghan might do. The audience screams even louder, the further away from Jisoo he gets and just as he's half way through the stage someone tugs him back, spinning him around as he comes face to face with Jisoo.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter