The Dance Practise

It's Just Fan Service
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INT: SOMEWHERE - "PRETTY U" DANCE PRACTICE SHOOT - MORNING

The last few seconds of the song roll out as the Seventeen members execute their steps till the very last second of Wonwoo's lines. Finally everyone stays put till...

DIRECTOR

(Shouts)

Aaaaannnnndd... CUT!

All thirteen boys relax as Hoshi lets out a large hiss of pain and soon, everyone is rushing to his side but he is met by Vernon and Junghan who were standing right next to him when the song finished. He relaxes as they both take an arm of his and put around their shoulders and lead him to the side of the set where chairs sit. All the Seventeen members hover around, watching as Hoshi struggles to hold back tears of pain. He sits and his leg is elevated before the doctor shows up, having been on set, waiting for the shoot to finish. The moment he gets to Hoshi, he pushes past Vernon but Junghan wouldn't budge. Hoshi pretends not to see him as he focuses all his attention on the doctor.

DOCTOR

How is it?

HOSHI

It's not so bad.

He hisses again as the doctor begins carefully pulling off the shoe on his left foot. His ankle is wrapped tight but that does not save him from the pain of performing at full throttle for four minutes.

DOCTOR

I told you not to push it.

HOSHI

(Cries quietly)

I'm sorry, Doctor-nim. Director said we had one shot to get it right so that I could rest the ankle. What if I didn't do it well the first time and we had to do it again?

DOCTOR

That's why I said... (He increases his voice and looks at the director)... you should have let him out of this one video.

S.CHEOL

He's the main dancer, Doctor-nim. How will we do a dance practice without Hoshi?

Junghan just sits there, quietly, his fingers fidgeting where they are placed right beside Hoshi's right hand as if he is itching to touch but too afraid. The doctor starts to unravel the bandage holding Hoshi's ankle as Hoshi whimpers in pain, letting his head fall on the head rest where he covers his mouth with his left hand to muffle his crying.

DK

Hyung, it's okay.

DK sounds as if he is crying too -his eyes are red but dry. Jihoon is standing there, too, quietly watching his best friend and Junghan with a scowl on his face. The doctor finishes removing the bandage and then examines Hoshi's ankle.

DOCTOR

Do you all have to be here?

S.CHEOL

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter