What my heart tells me to do

Love is not Over
Please log in to read the full chapter

너와 가던 커피숍
우리 둘만의 커피숍
니 향기가 나는 이곳에서
멍하니 앉아있어

아직 잊지 못해서
우리 기억이 남아서

 

Today is the day.

 

The girl was sitting a few tables away from Hoseok who looks like he’s waiting for someone with the way he glances at his watch every few minutes. Her staring went unnoticed as she sipped her drink and twirled her fork, waiting for the right opportunity to talk to him.

For almost two years, she just watched. It’s time to approach him and make a move already. To tell you the truth, it has always been this way. Something about Hoseok attracts her to him and even though she still can’t figure it out, it’s what makes her come by the cafe more. Hoping to see him. Hoseok is her crush for a while now.

She always sees him ever since she is in her last year of university, always watched how bright his aura is and how determined he is to everything. There were times where Hoseok comes in looking haggard and exhausted and she wondered how he can still be so good looking.

She blinked furiously as she snapped back to reality and looked down at her cake. It was the cake Hoseok always ordered during university so she always gets it. As time passed, she also fell in love with the taste. In her peripheral vision, she saw a couple smirking at her by the counter.

Becoming a regular at the coffee shop means being friends with Daehyun and Youngjae and the owners of the shop, Himchan and Yongguk. They mean well, she knows that. But it doesn’t mean that they have to about her crush on their friend. Even if they’re the reason how she knew his name. Still, it’s embarrassing.

She saw Hoseok scratching his head in annoyance, fingers tapping away on his phone and a frown set in his mouth. She also frowned, not wanting to see Hoseok like that. As if her wish was granted, Hoseok suddenly smiled a bit. She quickly looked out the window to calm her rapidly beating heart.

How pathetic, she thinks. Just a smile and I’m far gone.

She nibbled on a biscuit, gathering courage to talk to Hoseok and wondering how to start the conversation. There’s nothing to randomly talk about. There weren’t a lot of people in the coffee shop as it’s a slow day, maybe that’s a nice start. She thought of who Hoseok is waiting for. An indescribable feeling settled in her stomach as it churned, she frowned at the thought of Hoseok dating someone. She can’t just stomp over there and demand who he’s waiting for. He doesn’t even know her. She sighed, massaging her temple.

Before she could come up with something to say, the coffee shop’s door opened with a ‘ting’ that caught her attention. She watched as a fashionable guy walked in. He was tall, has a handsome face and a sheepish smile set in his mouth. He sauntered over Hoseok, who had already stood up, and hugged him.

 

“HOBIIII~~” he greeted, endangering Hoseok’s oxygen. “I’m sorry I’m late!!”

“Hyung, can’t breathe.” Hoseok squeezed out and sighed in relief when the guy broke the hug.

“Shall we go? Hyung’ll buy you something!” Hoseok laughed as his hyung playfully kissed his cheek. So touchy.

“Well, that’s new.” Hoseok commented, getting his things and handing a cup of iced Americano to the guy. “For you.”

“Aw, I’m touched.” the guy waved at the counter to where the DaeJae couple waved back. “Let’s go.”

 

They went out the coffee shop without a backward glance, she stared out the window with a sad smile as she wondered who the guy is. He’s so lucky to be so close to Hoseok, she thinks. She ignored Daehyun’s comment about the scrunched up tissues she gripped when the guy hugged J-Hope.

She drinks the rest of her latte and lamented that she didn’t even get to say hi.

 

Just a simple ‘Hi’ would’ve been enough.

 

 

They both got busy for a few weeks.

 

There actually wasn’t enough time to think about their soulmates and crushes. She was bombarded by orders, shoots and layouts while Hoseok was juggling dancing practice and working hours. They only had time to get some pick me upper at the coffee shop a few times. Himchan, the one in charge of the coffee shop for the month, worried over their well-being since they didn’t have time to even sit and relax. Yongguk, his husband assured him that it won’t be permanent only to be answered with a glare.

Hoseok always comes in and orders at the same time everyday since it’s his only break and gets out the coffee shop as soon as he gets his order. It came to a point that Himchan already had his order ready even before he came. She, however either gets to order a few minutes earlier than Hoseok then rushing out or a few minutes after Hoseok then sprinting out. There will also be times that once Hoseok is out the door, she comes in and vice versa.

After a few more days, Daehyun had taken interest at Himchan’s story and had lingered at the cafe to see Hoseok coming out while the girl is coming in. Youngjae accompanied his soulmate the next day to watch her come out and Hoseok to come in. It came to the point that Hoseok and the girl had noticed each others presence and took to bowing or nodding towards each other as they met at the door.

 

“Such a nice development.” Daehyun snickered. “Finally, a development.”

“I swear Bbang, one of these days, their gonna end up running into each other literally.” Himchan commented, chuckling.

“Whatever you say, Channie.” Yongguk amended, ignoring Himchan’s exclamation.

 

Although it’s an understatement that Himchan’s words came true, Yongguk had to shake his head at Himchan’s smug expression.

 

The weekend finally came and Hoseok thanked the heavens for the day off he was blessed. It was hard not sleeping well for days, only two hours at most, four is almost a blessing. It was such a tiring month but he knew his paycheck is gonna be worth it. Craving for something sweet, he sauntered over the coffee shop for a well-deserved relaxation.

On the other hand, she’s a wreck. She hasn’t been sleeping for days and her manager had ordered her to finish printing all of their orders that day. After she was finished and is free to go, she knew she needed coffee to have energy to even go back to her apartment.

She arrived at the coffee shop earlier than Hoseok. Himchan fussed over her as he made her order and scolded her for not sleeping or eating well. She just grinned when Yongguk directed an apologetic smile at her and dismissed it with a wave. It was nice to feel someone cares, anyway. Himchan gave her order and shoved a lunchbox on her hands despite her protests and sent her on her way. She immediately put it in her bag.

 

“Thanks for this! I’ll come back tomorrow!” She bowed and made her way towards the door. She was so tired that she closed her eyes for a moment and suddenly was startled back to reality when she felt something collided with her, causing her to slip and fall.

 

Hoseok was just minding his business, finally strolling around the area. He’s in no rush, he could finally observe his surroundings without it turning into a blur because of how fast he had to move so he could meet his deadlines. He even had time to slip in a dance battle with a group of teens who challenged him. He’s glad to be wearing casual clothes and not the suffocating suit and tie. He was nearing the coffee shop and he was unplugging his earphones as he o

Please log in to read the full chapter