Shady Lady

Love is not Over
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2: Shady Lady

Summer,Winter,Spring & Fall
시간은 빨리 가는데
왜 나는 제자리에서
널 기다리는지

Summer,Winter,Spring & Fall
Time goes so fast
But why I am at the same place
Waiting for you?

 

Flashback. Start of J-Hope's love story

Finally having a stable job and having an income that could support him and his dreams, Hoseok is one happy guy. Everything is worth it and he said good bye to dancing underground. It was only a year since he graduated but Hoseok is already blessed with a lot of opportunities from dance to business.

Hoseok already made his mom come back to Korea and not work out of the country anymore. Although he was really reluctant in getting this job but he had to do this to accompany Jin and to save up for the dance studio & academy he wanted to build and of course, it pays well.

He had offers on becoming a trainee to be in an idol group but he feels a little bit empty thinking that they are not the right people to be in a group with. He still didn’t forget his first love, which is dancing. Hoseok still dances occasionally during days where he has no work and days where some of his friends asks him for help.

It was another day for him so he went to the coffee shop he always frequented ever since university. It’s on his way to work so he makes sure that he always pass by for some pick-me-upper. Jin also loves the coffee shop, more specifically their pastries. They both do their assignments or projects there during university, it’s also their meet-up place. Hoseok loves the coffee shop’s ambiance. Vintage and futuristic. The furniture also incorporates wood, plastic and metal that is uniquely formed together.

He ordered the usual, making small talk to the workers with smiles and greetings as he went to his usual booth. The coffee shop got too popular after it was promoted through a Korean drama that hit popularity. Fans from around the world are seen loitering around, conversing with each other and taking pictures. The regulars in the cafe also watched with amusement in their eyes at them. Hoseok looked out the window, smiling at the falling leaves and the bustling crowd. He still have an hour before going to work so he could enjoy the view for a while longer as he sipped his favorite drink.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

A voice broke him out of his reverie and he glanced up to see a beautiful girl smiling shyly at him. He stared for a moment, before looking left and right to see if it was really him she was talking to.

 

“Umm…is this seat available?” she asked, her voice sweet. Not too thin and not too deep, the tone is just right.

 

Hoseok nodded before gesturing for her to take the seat. She smiled at him in thanks and Hoseok felt himself get flustered. He looked around in wonder and realized there are no more seats available that’s why she approached him, feeling a little down. Woah, what? Where’d that come from?

It was silent for a while since both decided not to interfere with each others business and Hoseok went back to finishing his drink. He had wanted to initiate a conversation and make a new friend but the girl seemed busy to be doing something so he didn’t want to pry. The girl was browsing through her phone with furrowed eyebrows and there’s an occasional tapping as she ate the cheesecake she ordered as she waited for her drink to cool down. He glanced at his watch and blinked. Since when did time went by so fast?

He stood up, cleared his throat and flashed a bright smile at the beautiful girl he shared a table with. He didn’t look back to see the girl’s face turned red as she blush and hugged the phone to her chest, looking at Hoseok as he went out the coffee shop and watched him as he disappeared through the busy street. She wondered if she could talk to him.

 

 

A few days later, Hoseok was staring at his reflection in the mirror in shock.

There’s clearly the mark he’s been waiting for ever since he turned fifteen.

A soulmate mark unlike no other. It’s like an intricate flower drawn by a professional. A hybrid flower akin to that of iris and lily of the valleys.

“Hoseok?” His mom knocked, “Honey, are you all right? You’ll be late for work.”

She opened the door to see her son staring at nothing and something and rolled her eyes.

“YAH!” she yelled and Hoseok screamed in surprise, looking at his mother with wide eyes.

That was then she could see the soulmate mark her on his chest, right where his heart is.

“Awww, my baby’s growing up.” She cooed, hugging his son happily. “Oh honey, it’s already in a different color! Where did you meet?”

“...I don’t know…” Hoseok said, pouting. “I just noticed it earlier this morning.”

His mother laughed at her son’s silliness and pinched his cheek.

“You’ll find them soon. It’s such a beautiful mark so I’m sure your soulmate will be, too. It looks like an Iris and something else.” Hoseok’s mom nodded in approval. Hoseok blinked when the person he shared a person with a few days ago flashed in mind when his mom said the word ‘beautiful’.  “Such a very meaningful mark.”

“Huh?” Hoseok stared at her in confusion.

“Oh this boy, you haven’t even learned the language of flowers even when I told it to you when you were younger.” his mother shoved him playfully as he laughed and pulled his mom close. “An iris, which I think this one is means faith, hope, wisdom and valor.”

An unconscious smile tugged in the corner of his lips and he kissed his mom on the cheek before getting dressed.

“Thanks mom! You’re the best.”

“Yeah, I know I am.” She agreed, laughing at her son’s attempt at dressing up quickly.

 

 

Hoseok couldn’t come to the coffee shop for a few weeks with his work taking up his time, conducting and constructing plans after plans and meetings that comes and goes. Jin already had to drag him out of his work place and nag at him to not forget sleep and eat some food a few times already and honestly, he’s exhausted.

Deciding he needed a pick-me-upper despite the late time, he entered the cafe and sat on his usual seat. He needed to preserve some energy before going to the counter.

 

“J-Hope-ah!” Yoo Youngjae approached him with a tray of food. He smiled weakly at his long-time friend and blinked at the food that was laid down. “Here, eat this. It’s for you and it’s on the house. Your work must’ve been tough! Congratulations on your promotion…even though you looked like you’re back to practicing your routine non-stop days before a competition.”

“Thanks Youngjae-ah. It didn’t occur to me that getting promoted so suddenly would get me so much haters.” Hoseok chuckled bitterly as he ate under Youngjae’s watchful eyes. Jin must’ve told him about the promotion and hadn’t bothered to leave the not eating part.

“Well, of course you would. Some people had been working there for years already and you’re only there for a year. It’s

Please log in to read the full chapter