Chapter Three- The Past and the Future

Cloud Number 9
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3:

 

 

Myeong-Ju let out a joyous hoop as she tore down the street with her bunny cycle. The air was dry with tolerable heat. Spring time in Morocco is something worth enjoying. She paddled as sceneries on the sides of the road kept changing. Somewhere it was lush green with grass and trees and somewhere pale golden fields of sand and bare earth. She passed few stores and food stalls on her way down. Rich aroma of cooked beef and couscous hung in the air. As the wind whipped and framed around her and played with her short deep burgundy hair, her mind went back to her childhood when her mother was still alive. She was the one who taught Myeong-Ju riding cycle along with many other things. If she closes her eyes, she still can see her mother in front of her with same dazzling smile and deep brown sparkling happy eyes. Her lavender like smell still envelopes her with warmth she craves. She was a free bird with spirit high as the vast sky. She was the butterfly with colorful dreams painted on her little wings. As her mother died, all her dreams and happy world crumbled around her showing her the true extent of the cruel world. How old was she when her mother died? Eight. The very time she met Yoo Shi-jin aka the Devil’s Spawn who became her sworn enemy at the very first meeting.

 

Now come to think of it, she never hated Shi-Jin. But she hated the appreciation she found in her father’s eyes each time his eyes landed on him. She hated the fact that Shi-Jin was the perfect son her father always craved. To a motherless child Shi-Jin became the biggest threat on the way of gaining her father’s attention and it used to put her of the edge. Their enmity kept up until the day when Myeong-Ju’s well build wall around her aches finally broke.

 

It was the biggest day for her. She got admission in the Military Medical School. She was only few steps away from fulfilling her father’s dream. It was raining so hard that she couldn’t see a thing even at her arm’s length. It was already late and her car broke down. She was waiting for a taxi when another car pulled around her. Four men got down from the car. At first she ignored them. But the street was empty. When the men came too close for her comfort, she became forced to take them on account. When their intention became too clear she ran. Oh she tried to run! But they caught her easily.

 

When they were finished with her, they left her on the side of the road and zoomed away with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter