epilogue

boy, i kinda new to this (i think i'm in love)

The next day, Taehyung’s smile is so wide, that Jungkook can’t even deal. He tells everyone in his work place about the small little date he had with Jamie. And by 'work place’, that means Jimin, Jungkook, and Jin.

 

Ok. He maybe also tells all their customers that day, and even Jin’s awkward boyfriend, Namjoon, about it. But they don’t work at Friendly Bean, so they can’t be counted.

 

Taehyung likes everything about the girl Jimin Park.

 

Jimin (his bff, duh) often corrects him that it probably just how the soulmate thing works. You find them, you fall head over heels about a simple little thing about them. But Taehyung just shrugs him off. This girl is different. He just knows it.

 

Taehyung finds Jamie’s humor is so dark. And he loves it.

 

He loves how she bit her lip and widen her eyes whenever she concentrates on something. He loves how she’s looking carefully at people she talks to. He loves to see her read her book in the corner of the cafe. He loves it when she growls into the air, annoyed at a bunch of high schoolers’ loud laugh. He loves the way she rolled her eyes when a toddler fall in front of her one day, but in the end helped the crying little kid and took her back to her parents.

 

He loves it when she pretends that she doesn't care, but she does. Even to the smallest things.

 

“What makes you stop talking suddenly?”

 

Jamie had asked Taehyung about it once when they were having another afternoon coffee together in the shop. Taehyung isn’t someone who would just tell people about his speech problem. But that day, he wrote down everything to her.

 

Maybe it was because of Jimin, who was standing behind the cashier desk, silently giving Taehyung a reassuring smile. Telling him that it’s okay to let it all out sometimes.

 

Maybe it was because of Jungkook, the kid was cleaning the window and pretending to not care but Taehyung knew he was about just as curious as everybody is 

 

Maybe because of Jin, who couldn't stop smiling ever since he heard that Taehyung had found his soulmate.

 

Or, maybe—just maybe—it was the way Jamie looked at Taehyung softly, rich brown eyes were far from judging or even curious, and it was just...comforting.