Chapter 1 ~ I'm SORRY....

Paradise~~real or just a dream?

 

”Min Young-ah”, my working partner Ah In was calling me from the restaurant.
“I need your help, could you take some of the orders” Ah In said peeking through the kitchen door.  “OK, I’m coming I’m just going to dry myself up” I said while I took of my dishwashing gloves and hurried with drying myself up and getting out there.

Who would have thought that I’d be here?

8 years ago while I was still in elementary school I couldn’t have been happier with my life, my parents were getting along and we were a close-knit family. However it all changed in a blink of an eye. I lost everything I cherished in this world that rainy night and I almost lost my own life.  Everyday I’m reminded of that night and I can never get past it though now I try to put the past behind me it’s very hard when that scar on my left shoulder keeps reminding me that in this world I have no one left whose love is so great that they would do anything to make me happy. Life was hard after that as I only had myself to depend on even though I lived with my grandma she was still very old and could barely take care of herself let alone me.  But I had to take care of myself since I was 17 years old because my grandmother was very sick at the time and she didn’t pull through. So since then I’ve lived with my friend Ah In in a small apartment sharing the renting fee and everything.  I was somewhat able to finish high school but I didn’t have the money to go to college so here I am 20 years old, working at a restaurant letting my life go down the drains….

“Get yourself together” I said to myself. Pity was one word I hated, feeling sorry for myself was something I hated doing.  Everyone has problems; go on with your life I said to myself.

I went out to help Ah In and after some hours my shift was over.  I said goodbye to the boss and as I and Ah In went out we were both surprised to see Kwang Jung Gi outside waiting.

“Oppa” I said, “What are you doing here?”

Of course every girlfriend is happy to see her boyfriend the handsome librarian waiting for them, but I hadn’t heard from him in 2 days and we didn’t plan to meet tonight so I just thought it was odd that he was here.

He looked up, totally ignoring Ah In and said;

“Can we talk?”

“Yeaah” I said following him “ See you at the apartment Ah In-ah”

I had a hard time catching up to him as he was walking fast, and then he suddenly stopped outside coffee shop and went inside expecting me to follow him, which I did.

We sat down at the coffee shop that was about to close because it was 11pm so I ordered an ice tea instead.  We just sat there quietly waiting for the ice tea. And then he said it

“Min Young-ah, you know that we’ve been together for 2 years now but I WANT TO BREAK UP…..”

I just stared, couldn’t believe what I’d just heard….
Then the first thing I said after that was “WHY?”

“I don’t have any feeling left for you….And I want to go on with my life and get married with someone that has a real job and a family…..”

“Ok…” I stood up and started to go towards the door. Then I heard it, the two words that made me feel so miserable and broken!!

“I am sorry”