(2/3) the words that were left unsaid [shownu ver.]

out of my mind.
Please log in to read the full chapter

part 2 of a 3 part story. told from shownu's pov.

 

"You will break up with her immediately. I told you from the beginning that you can have fun but only until I found a suitable wife for you."

Hyunwoo glares at his father who looks at him sternly.

"Father, I am old enough to make decisions for myself. I will not marry someone just for the sake of improving your company."

Hyunwoo's father scowls and although he doesn't raise his voice, it becomes threatening.

"Watch your words Hyunwoo. It will be your company when the time comes. You have to make good decisions now for the company to have a bright future."

Hyunwoo sighs, looking away before glancing back at his father.

"I don't want the company. I just want to live happily with the woman I love."

Hyunwoo's father's face darkens and his voice lowers.

"Get your head out of the clouds. How will you live happily if you don't have anything? You will listen to me if you want the best for yourself."

"I told you father. I won't leave Chaekyung." Hyunwoo says firmly.

His father sighs, leaning back in his chair. "Well you leave me no choice then, Hyunwoo. I heard Chaekyung's parents' sole income comes from a small chicken restaurant. I wonder what would happen if they had to close it down?"

Hyunwoo's jaw drops from speechlessness. His father was really going all the way this time.

"Leave Chaekyung and her parents out of this." Hyunwoo bites out in anger.

"Only if you cut off all connections with her." His father shoots back.

Hyunwoo stares at his father who stares right back, face set. A minute passes before Hyunwoo's father reaches for the phone.

"Maybe I should call my secretary and ask how the restaurant is doing."

Hyunwoo bites his lip in frustration, slumping back into the seat he was sitting in and dropping his head.

"Fine. I will do as you wish. But you have to give me at least three months to settle everything."

-

"Will you really be able to ignore Chaekyung until she breaks up with you? What if she doesn't make the first move?" Wonho asks, concern filling his face.

Hyunwoo sighs in frustration, hands messing his hair up. 

"I have to, even if it kills me to do it. If I ignore her for long enough, she will snap."

Wonho purses his lips. "Does it have to be like this?"

Hyunwoo takes a breath, on the verge of tears.

"It's the only way. I can't let her parents lose their shop and the only way she will be able to move on is if she loses hope in me."

 

2 Months Later

Hyunwoo stood outside the apartment he shared with Chaekyung, staring at the door in agony. It's been two months already with no noticeable sign from Chaekyung that she wanted to break up. The three month time limit Hyunwoo had negotiated with his father was nearing, so Hyunwoo had decided to take some desperate measures. And the pain was eating him up from the inside just at the thought of what he was going to do.

With a shaky breath Hyunwoo turned the key in the lock and entered the apartment. He could hear Chaekyung moving in the living room, the patter of her footsteps as she ran to greet him. Hyunwoo could feel tears making their way to his eyes so he kept his head down as he shrugged off his coat and took his shoes off slowly. When Hyunwoo finally managed to compose himself, he lifted his head to look at his girlfriend.

Chaekyung smiles widely and waves and Hyunwoo could feel his heart ripping to shreds.

"Welcome home, oppa."

Hyunwoo stares at Chaekyung and he wants to tell her everything but he can't. He feels tears forming again so he quickly walks past her and down the hallway without turning back.

In their shared bedroom, Hyunwoo sighs in frustration before getting his act together. He's halfway through changing his shirt when Chaekyung walks into the room. Hyunwoo turns to look at her and quickly pulls his shirt on.

"I made some fried rice earlier but haven't ate it yet. Want to-"

Hyunwoo tries not to show his inner conflict as cuts her off before she can finish her sentence.

"

Please log in to read the full chapter